The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I thought Dax Shepard was the alcoholic Dax Shepard?

7 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Tbh i had no idea he had alcohol issues. 

He got religion (the booze type, at least)....

...hooking up with Kristen Bell will do that for a guy....

15 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Tbh i had no idea he had alcohol issues. 

he recently fell of the wagon and his wife went on a very public "my husband fell off the wagon" tour

So not mandating masks/social distancing/vaccination means a bunch of employees get sick from the 'rona and a couple die.  The only employee who got vaccinated doesn't get infected.  

The thing is that this happened in the IT department.  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/22/us/florida-manatee-county-coronavirus-outbreak/index.html

A coronavirus outbreak hit a Florida government building. Two people are dead but a vaccinated employee wasn't infected

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The 1918 influenza was brutal. The grandaddy of all H1N1 viruses, and one of the most dangerous viruses ever. It was most effective on healthy immune systems of adults from 19-35 years old, and estimated to have infected 1/3 of the population of the planet. 

I know another big factor was germs and not being able to disinfect proper things, they didn't have the medical advancements like we do now a days to properly disinfect and clean much back then. I read or saw last year about how a patient would pass away in the bed, but no one was there to clean or disinfect it after just the next patient would be on it, which had a huge factor in the number of deaths back then.

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I know another big factor was germs and not being able to disinfect proper things, they didn't have the medical advancements like we do now a days to properly disinfect and clean much back then. I read or saw last year about how a patient would pass away in the bed, but no one was there to clean or disinfect it after just the next patient would be on it, which had a huge factor in the number of deaths back then.

I think that had a hand in the spread, but the virus itself was much worse than Covid. Consider that there are over three times the amount of humans on Earth now, and that with transportation being omnipresent, the spread was far, far greater with Covid due to travel. 

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think that had a hand in the spread, but the virus itself was much worse than Covid. Consider that there are over three times the amount of humans on Earth now, and that with transportation being omnipresent, the spread was far, far greater with Covid due to travel. 

Our travel advancements had a huge factor in the spreading of covid, but with the medical advancements we do have now a days has helped us more then it helped them with barley any. I know they had a hard time getting people to wear masks back then as well, but no one had disinfects like we do now a days to kill germs, it was a super spreader imo back then and it probably mutated like crazy and maybe why they reported so many people turning blue back then. That's one thing I haven't heard of really happening to people with covid which is really the only difference from the two, but there was a person on the news roughly a month or two ago who talked about their experience with covid to warn the younger people because he was in his late 20's I believe, but he actually said his fingers did turn blue while having covid. There definitely seems to be a lot of similarities imo to that virus, but I do believe or medical advancements in how to help people with covid and just killing germs has helped a lot as well, much more than it did back then when they didn't have this stuff like we do.

Travis is ready for fans!!

Hi Neil,

On behalf of our entire team, I am writing today to thank you for your incredible support and to say we can’t wait to see you in person next season at Rogers Arena. It’s finally time to look ahead and get excited again.

I believe this young team is on the rise. They have shown character, skill, a strong will to win and we expect big things in the years ahead. I can tell you the players are committed to winning. We have a young core that wants to achieve greatness and we are going to support them in every way possible.  

We can’t wait for next season. To feel the electricity in the city for big games and to feel the energy in the bowl from our fans. To get back to playing fast, skilled, relentless hockey that earns us a playoff spot for years to come. Most of all we can’t wait to play for a fan base that deserves a Stanley Cup more than any other in the NHL. 

Coaching the Vancouver Canucks has been a true privilege and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue our journey together. I believe we will take another step forward next season and will pickup at the level we competed at in the playoff bubble in Edmonton. 

In the meantime, please stay safe, healthy and make sure to get your vaccine. We will see you back at Rogers Arena soon. It’s only a few months away and we can’t wait. 

Thanks,

Are people ok with mixing Pfizer and Moderna because there are not enough Pfizer for 2nd dose.  You are likely to get Moderna as 2nd dose  in the next week or so.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/337797/B-C-has-a-new-workhorse-vaccine-time-for-Team-Pfizer-to-drop-any-brand-loyalty

“If you are like me, and received Moderna as your first dose, you are now likely to receive Moderna as your second dose. But many, many people who received Pfizer as their first dose will receive Moderna as their second dose,” said Dix.

17 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Are people ok with mixing Pfizer and Moderna because there are not enough Pfizer for 2nd dose.  You are likely to get Moderna as 2nd dose  in the next week or so.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/337797/B-C-has-a-new-workhorse-vaccine-time-for-Team-Pfizer-to-drop-any-brand-loyalty

“If you are like me, and received Moderna as your first dose, you are now likely to receive Moderna as your second dose. But many, many people who received Pfizer as their first dose will receive Moderna as their second dose,” said Dix.

I am getting dose 2 Sunday, had Pfizer first.  I don't care what I get.  If they determine in the future a mix is less effective or wears off faster, just give me a third of one of them in Fall.  With the amount of Moderna we are getting the next few days, it really speeds up second doses.  As long as one of each counts as being fully vaccinated for travel around the world.  

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

Well, I guess it's one way to encourage people to get vaccinated.

Philippines’ Duterte threatens to jail those who refuse COVID-19 vaccine

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is threatening to jail any citizen who refuses to get a COVID-19 vaccine as the country grapples with low vaccination rates and one of the worst coronavirus outbreaks in Asia.

“You choose,” he said during a televised address on Monday. “Vaccine, or I will have you jailed.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7969999/philippines-duterte-covid-19-vaccine-jail/

• Hydration 1

14 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I am getting dose 2 Sunday, had Pfizer first.  I don't care what I get.  If they determine in the future a mix is less effective or wears off faster, just give me a third of one of them in Fall.  With the amount of Moderna we are getting the next few days, it really speeds up second doses.  As long as one of each counts as being fully vaccinated for travel around the world.  

I'm scheduled for my second dose this afternoon. I too had Pfizer for my first shot and I'll be just fine if shot #2 is Moderna....

• Hydration 1

A bunch of people who said they "don't want to be a test subject for an experimental vaccine" seem remarkably chill about being a potential test subject for the COVID delta variant

It's mind boggling to me....the rationale behind not wanting the vax.  Uh, here's the flipside....good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's mind boggling to me....the rationale behind not wanting the vax.  Uh, here's the flipside....good luck.

It looks like there is now a new “Delta Plus” variant as well — which is more transmissible than the original Delta variant. The fear is that may cause a rise in cases once again, especially affecting those that aren’t vaccinated. Although, it’s still a bit early to tell how effective the vaccines are against this new variant.

• Thanks 2