The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

JO can be pretty dam funny at times but yeah, at times he can definitely be a bit much. I find his segments to be pretty informative though if you don't mind a hard liberal slant :lol:

I never watch his shows tbh, the only one I ever do watch if I do watch one is Trevor Noah, but it's been a while since I've watched one.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I never watch his shows tbh, the only one I ever do watch if I do watch one is Trevor Noah, but it's been a while since I've watched one.

Now that Conan's show is off the air, I have no want to check out any late night talk shows. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Ever since Craig Ferguson left I've lost interest

The hosts nowadays are nowhere near as good as the likes of Letterman, Carson and others. Those guys could joke about anything and anyone. Now, it seems the general consensus is find the low hanging fruit.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Ever since Craig Ferguson left I've lost interest

Never got to see his show as much as I'd like.

What I did see, on You tube clips is incredibly funny.

May have to find a stream source for his old shows.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

Been doing the same and throw it on when the situation seems to necessitate it. E.g: in the elevator at my building, inside smaller stores like a Starbucks where appropriate distancing is tougher to maintain.

I'm sure some people will call me an arse for it but in some situations, like walking through the lobby or halls of my building, I've just been walking with the mask hung over my ear for the most part. It's been kinda odd gauging everyone's comfort levels with masks since the mandate was lifted. On the day I was moving in (July 1) I mostly had the mask around my ear other than times where I was sharing the elevator. Had an older lady (maybe 75ish or so) yell at me for not wearing it. Told her the mandate had been lifted (she claimed it hadn't) and that I was partially vaxed. She said she wasn't vaxed so I asked why not, seeing as it had been made available to her quite some time ago- both doses even. She said she had elected not to get it because she doesn't trust it.

Does it make me an A-hole for thinking that's her own dam problem? If she had a legitimate reason for not getting it I would gladly wear the mask no questions asked, but given it was a personal choice of hers I feel no responsibility to help her out. Maybe that's a little callous of me.

Did you just move into my building?  We are lots of strange people too.  I was washing my car outside, 50 feet away from the building or where anyone would need to walk by, with no mask.  A maskless older lady came over to tell me I needed a mask, she was watching me from her balcony.  

Our underground parking requires masks, but you are allowed to smoke cigarettes down there, and apparently idle your car for 5 hours to run the air conditioner.  The lady in your building not getting the vaccine for herself, therefore expects others to wear them forever?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Oliver is a much watch every Sunday night for me.

He seems to do one of those awkward sexual things every season, for comic relief. (a lot of his topics are pretty heavy) Last season, he had this running thing where he was crushing on Adam Driver. Of course, at the end of the season, Driver Face Times him and reads him the riot act....:lol:

This season he's doing this thing where every time he snaps his fingers, George Clooney magically appears, doing whatever he happens to be doing at the time. (very much like the Bugs Bunny cartoon, with Aladdins lamp)

I only watch those ~20 minute segments he does (I think towards the end of his show) on YouTube when I’m laying in bed so I miss the bulk of his show and therefore the running jokes. I’m talking about the segments where he picks a topic like Sponsored Content or Stand Your Ground (I think those are some of the more recent ones). He’s got some good jokes mixed in but I find them pretty informative really. They’re often topics I wouldn’t really research on my own, like African American hair or the aforementioned sponsored content. 

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Personally, I support a person's choice to make whatever decision works for them regarding this situation. Some consistency in thought is what would be nice. 

Refusing the vaccination because she doesn't trust it is her right, but why wear a mask and demand that others do as well? Also, she seems like a bit of an ass to argue with you that the mandate hadn't been lifted when it had been. 

Were you both in an elevator when the "discussion" occurred?

My thinking exactly. If she’s wearing a mask then I gather she’s not just being selfish about the whole thing, that’s good to see. I just feel that once everyone is eligible for both doses then I’m no longer responsible for her well being the way we’ve kinda been for the last 15 months or so. I feel that by getting my shots I’ve done my part. 

It was as I was standing outside the elevator waiting for it and she came out of her unit to catch it as well. Pressed up against the wall like that extra 8 inches is gonna be what saves her :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Did you just move into my building?  We are lots of strange people too.  I was washing my car outside, 50 feet away from the building or where anyone would need to walk by, with no mask.  A maskless older lady came over to tell me I needed a mask, she was watching me from her balcony.  

Our underground parking requires masks, but you are allowed to smoke cigarettes down there, and apparently idle your car for 5 hours to run the air conditioner.  The lady in your building not getting the vaccine for herself, therefore expects others to wear them forever?  

Yeah it was actually my first day moving in:lol:. This was just on Thursday the 1st. 

And I suppose she does? I wonder how informed she is considering she was unaware the mask mandate had been lifted. That was pretty big news when it was announced and in the time leading up to July 1st. If she thinks people are going to wear masks forever to cater to her while she refuses the vaccine then I think she’s going to find herself pretty dam disappointed. I’m not anti mask by any stretch.  I haven’t been at any point during this whole thing and I’m still not, even now with the mandate lifted. But there’s certain situations where using them just doesn’t seem to be necessary given what we know about how covid is transmitted. Walking through a big open parkade where you can easily maintain <10 feet of distance between yourself and anybody you may come across seems like one of those situations to me. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I only watch those ~20 minute segments he does (I think towards the end of his show) on YouTube when I’m laying in bed so I miss the bulk of his show and therefore the running jokes. I’m talking about the segments where he picks a topic like Sponsored Content or Stand Your Ground (I think those are some of the more recent ones). He’s got some good jokes mixed in but I find them pretty informative really. They’re often topics I wouldn’t really research on my own, like African American hair or the aforementioned sponsored content.

There's always a serious segment to his shows. The comic relief is just that...to provide a bit of a respite from the heaviness of the topics. IMO, Oliver balances it better than anyone....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Yeah it was actually my first day moving in:lol:. This was just on Thursday the 1st. 

And I suppose she does? I wonder how informed she is considering she was unaware the mask mandate had been lifted. That was pretty big news when it was announced and in the time leading up to July 1st. If she thinks people are going to wear masks forever to cater to her while she refuses the vaccine then I think she’s going to find herself pretty dam disappointed. I’m not anti mask by any stretch.  I haven’t been at any point during this whole thing and I’m still not, even now with the mandate lifted. But there’s certain situations where using them just doesn’t seem to be necessary given what we know about how covid is transmitted. Walking through a big open parkade where you can easily maintain <10 feet of distance between yourself and anybody you may come across seems like one of those situations to me. 

What ever happened to baking a pie for your newly moved in neighbour?  Not a nice way at all to welcome someone.  

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The hosts nowadays are nowhere near as good as the likes of Letterman, Carson and others. Those guys could joke about anything and anyone. Now, it seems the general consensus is find the low hanging fruit.

Seth Meyers is pretty solid

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I got sick of all the hosts in recent years.  They would spend 90% of their show just about Trump.  Seriously, make it a 5 minute segment and move onto something else.  Just got tired of it, I miss Letterman and Leno, Carson was before my time so I have only seen clips.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Tortorella&#x27;s Rant said:

lmao the government spent $20 million on that tracking app and the results were inconclusive. Wouldn't surprise me if it was money making opportunity for some friends. God, I can't wait until these idiots are gone.

What the Feds tracking app?  That bluetooth one?