The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then, because while caution can be the result of fear, fear is not the primary/sole driving factor of caution, ie. not all caution is the result of fear.  Caution can arise from experience, from understanding the risks (the consequences of which needn't necessarily draw fear).

Caution is primarily based on risk assessment. I am not the least bit afraid of catching the flu but think that the risk of catching it makes taking precautions a good idea. I would agree that the more fearful of something that you are the more precautions you are likely to take. I don’t wear a mask or social distance or get vaccinated out of fear. I do these things out of respect for the science and risk assessment to myself, friends, family and all others that I encounter. 

• Vintage 3

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Admit though.  When we were younger wasn’t it awesome to ride without a helmet and feel the wind go through your hair?  For me it was on a horse, though.  

Galloped our horse to the end of the driveway and he decided enough of that and bucked me off! My cousin shows up with a little 50cc scooter and I'm thinking this is a big upgrade on the horse. Nope, end of the driveway and my cousin flops the machine on its side and I get road rash. From that day I rode my 5 speed bike until I got my drivers license. All three of those options had the wind blowing thru my hair and I admit it was nice. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Fear?

Fear is the path to the dark side … fear leads to anger … anger leads to hate … hate leads to suffering.

We don't fear the disease as much as we fear the ignorant players that can screw up getting back to normality. That is what makes me angry, and if the anti vaxxers/ conspiracy nuts don't do what's right it will make me hate them, because then we will suffer more.

Thanks Yoda. 

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

There's a $2,000 hotel stay? Crap was thinking November I'd go.

Three days in a government selected hotel, at $2k per person. Then isolate at home after the hotel stay. At least I think that’s still in effect. We’re booked for September.

Edited by johngould21

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Three days in a government selected hotel, at $2k per person. Then isolate at home after the hotel stay. At least I think that’s still in effect. We’re booked for September.

Oh sweet so you are pretty comfortable hoping the rules change?

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

As of July 5, fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents can cross the U.S.-Canada border and return to Canada without having to quarantine. However, this does not apply to fully vaccinated Americans

Yea man but can they go to Hawaii?

8 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

As of July 5, fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents can cross the U.S.-Canada border and return to Canada without having to quarantine. However, this does not apply to fully vaccinated Americans

Thanks for that, I knew it was updated. So no $2k price tag?

10 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Depends if the Chinese lab designed it that way :ph34r:

It wasn't designed but it almost certainly leaked from a lab. We should really shut down this kind of research around the world.

When you have the guy in charge of the "investigation" talking about gain of function research on corona viruses from south Chinese bats in a lab in the city of the initial outbreak in an interview before the pandemic, then contradicting his own organization by implying the virus came from frozen food, you know there's not going to be much facts around this situation.

Edited by Kurgom

6 hours ago, Kurgom said:

It wasn't designed but it almost certainly leaked from a lab

You mentioned in another thread that society is getting close to herd immunity too, which is something I haven't read yet.

Where are you getting your info from?

13 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Oh sweet so you are pretty comfortable hoping the rules change?

We are at this moment, but with all the unvaccinated Americans traveling to Honolulu, between now and then, is it safe? Many of them are bat s&*t crazy, or enough of them are to have this whole immunity go South.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

You mentioned in another thread that society is getting close to herd immunity too, which is something I haven't read yet.

Where are you getting your info from?

Do we even know what % herd immunity, for Covid, is reached?  Do we count recovered from Covid people in the formula with vaccinated ones?  Variants?  

• Cheers 1