The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Yep posted about this a few days ago.

as with all of the vaccines their will be side effects and it’s just a case of making sure that you get the right one for you.

Yes people are worried about Az and clotting ( as their has been a lot on about it and 82% in April where there was blood clotting were with AZ the other 18% were with Pfizer) but for some this is the right one for them, other maybe the risk element is to high. 

same with the above information, it may be a side effect for a very small group but it’s about being aware and making sure you get the right one. 

Tbh what caught my eye the most in that article was it's only the mRNA ones causing it and seems to be when receiving the 2nd dose, as more people receive the 2nd dose is this something that could be a concern, that's my worry. 

On 7/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, johngould21 said:

Three days in a government selected hotel, at $2k per person. Then isolate at home after the hotel stay. At least I think that’s still in effect. We’re booked for September.

Let me know how it goes. PM me or something!

I hate Canadian winters so just itching to get out but would like to know how it goes.

40 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Let me know how it goes. PM me or something!

I hate Canadian winters so just itching to get out but would like to know how it goes.

We’re checking the daily numbers in Hawaii, and getting more and more resigned to the fact we might not be going. Their numbers are close to 100 per day, and seem to be rising. We have about two weeks to make that decision. Far too many Americans are traveling to the Islands.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Anybody here get 2 jabs of moderna with minimal side effects? 

I received 2 doses of the Moderna. The first time my arm was really sore for a few days, and the second time, I had a headache and the shivers that evening and my arm hurt a little bit. 

• Cheers 1

Anti vaxxers, so desperate to win a court case, they paid a private investigator to follow the judge, and had that investigator ask the judges daughter questions.:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/group-behind-churches-in-court-challenge-apologizes-for-following-manitoba-judge/ar-AAM3OJc?ocid=msedgntp

"WINNIPEG — A group supporting multiple churches across the country in court challenges against COVID-19 public health orders is apologizing after hiring a private investigator to follow a Manitoba judge. 

"I accept full responsibility and sole responsibility for my decision to retain private investigation firms for observation of public officials," said John Carpay, president of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

Carpay apologized for his "poor judgment" during a special court hearing Monday called by the judge overseeing a court challenge of COVID-19 restrictions in Manitoba.

Court of Queen’s Bench Chief Justice Glenn Joyal said he realized he was being followed by a vehicle after leaving the courthouse last week. A person also went to his home and spoke with his daughter, he said.

Joyal said it soon became clear a private investigation agency was hired "for the clear purpose of gathering what was hoped would be potentially embarrassing information in relation to my compliance with COVID public health restrictions.”

"I am deeply concerned and troubled."

Joyal heard a constitutional challenge from seven Manitoba churches represented by the Justice Centre in May. The churches argued their right to worship and assemble was violated by COVID-19 restrictions.

Government lawyers told court it's within the bounds of the legislature to grant the chief public health officer authority to impose reasonable rules.

Joyal has yet to rule but said his decision, expected in a few weeks, would not be influenced by his experience being followed by the private investigator.

He did, however, point to potential implications for the administration of justice.

"The situation I have just described raises the spectre of potential intimidation and it could also give rise to possible speculation about obstruction of justice — direct or indirect," Joyal said.

The Justice Centre has also filed challenges against public health orders on behalf of churches or individuals in other provinces, including Alberta and British Columbia. 

Carpay said his group has organized private investigation surveillance on a number of public officials across the country.

"We believe the public has the right to know whether or not government officials are complying with public health orders," he told court. 

He said the decision to hire surveillance is separate from litigation and the Justice Centre's clients did not request it. 

This report by The Canadian Press was first published July 12, 2021.

Kelly Geraldine Malone, The Canadian Press

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brilac said:

I received 2 doses of the Moderna. The first time my arm was really sore for a few days, and the second time, I had a headache and the shivers that evening and my arm hurt a little bit. 

Pretty much the same for the first. Second dose had headache, but no shivers. My hamstrings and joints were a bit tight though, almost like I went for a hike.

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

Anti vaxxers, so desperate to win a court case, they paid a private investigator to follow the judge, and had that investigator ask the judges daughter questions.:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/group-behind-churches-in-court-challenge-apologizes-for-following-manitoba-judge/ar-AAM3OJc?ocid=msedgntp

"WINNIPEG — A group supporting multiple churches across the country in court challenges against COVID-19 public health orders is apologizing after hiring a private investigator to follow a Manitoba judge. 

"I accept full responsibility and sole responsibility for my decision to retain private investigation firms for observation of public officials," said John Carpay, president of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

Carpay apologized for his "poor judgment" during a special court hearing Monday called by the judge overseeing a court challenge of COVID-19 restrictions in Manitoba.

Court of Queen’s Bench Chief Justice Glenn Joyal said he realized he was being followed by a vehicle after leaving the courthouse last week. A person also went to his home and spoke with his daughter, he said.

Joyal said it soon became clear a private investigation agency was hired "for the clear purpose of gathering what was hoped would be potentially embarrassing information in relation to my compliance with COVID public health restrictions.”

"I am deeply concerned and troubled."

Joyal heard a constitutional challenge from seven Manitoba churches represented by the Justice Centre in May. The churches argued their right to worship and assemble was violated by COVID-19 restrictions.

Government lawyers told court it's within the bounds of the legislature to grant the chief public health officer authority to impose reasonable rules.

Joyal has yet to rule but said his decision, expected in a few weeks, would not be influenced by his experience being followed by the private investigator.

He did, however, point to potential implications for the administration of justice.

"The situation I have just described raises the spectre of potential intimidation and it could also give rise to possible speculation about obstruction of justice — direct or indirect," Joyal said.

The Justice Centre has also filed challenges against public health orders on behalf of churches or individuals in other provinces, including Alberta and British Columbia. 

Carpay said his group has organized private investigation surveillance on a number of public officials across the country.

"We believe the public has the right to know whether or not government officials are complying with public health orders," he told court. 

He said the decision to hire surveillance is separate from litigation and the Justice Centre's clients did not request it. 

This report by The Canadian Press was first published July 12, 2021.

Kelly Geraldine Malone, The Canadian Press

These antivaxxer people are friggin’ morons.  If the catch Covid, they should get no medical help.  Stupid people.  

4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

We’re checking the daily numbers in Hawaii, and getting more and more resigned to the fact we might not be going. Their numbers are close to 100 per day, and seem to be rising. We have about two weeks to make that decision. Far too many Americans are traveling to the Islands.

I've got Maui booked for March 2022... I sure hope things are settled by then.  Maui looks to be a bit better off than Oahu though I think?

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

In that sense, isn't all medicine "against nature"?

That being said, I've had the same thought as the guy in the clip.  That is, maybe Covid 19 was Nature's shot across our bow.  The human species has done a lot of damage to the environment and other species.  Maybe Nature is warning us to clean up our act (on some many different levels).  And if we don't, maybe the next virus will be even more virulent and will wipe out 80% of us.

Then again, maybe Covid 19 was manufactured by humans in a lab and is just another example of how we're screwing ourselves.

And that's today's metaphysical speculation.

GENEVA, July 12 (Reuters) - The World Health Organization's chief scientist on Monday advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers, calling it a "dangerous trend" since there was little data available about the health impact.

"It's a little bit of a dangerous trend here. We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match," Soumya Swaminathan told an online briefing.

"It will be a chaotic situation in countries if citizens start deciding when and who will be taking a second, a third and a fourth dose."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-warns-against-mixing-matching-covid-vaccines-2021-07-12/

So it seems like they're just making stuff up on the fly now with their Masonic science... first it is fine and now not? 

Wonder how many innocent people will be screwed now.. 

I always thought it was a bad idea to mix vaccines it just didn't seem right.

Kind of like mixing two different medications. 

I just laugh at this stuff at how much inaccuracy there is.. almost like they're just rushing everything. 

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least not on the taxpayer's dime.

Good point.  But it’s not just their getting sick and going to the hospital (or any medical care we all share the costs for).  These idiots can infect others, who then need medical care.  These morons cost our medical system a lot.  

12 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

GENEVA, July 12 (Reuters) - The World Health Organization's chief scientist on Monday advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers, calling it a "dangerous trend" since there was little data available about the health impact.

"It's a little bit of a dangerous trend here. We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match," Soumya Swaminathan told an online briefing.

"It will be a chaotic situation in countries if citizens start deciding when and who will be taking a second, a third and a fourth dose."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-warns-against-mixing-matching-covid-vaccines-2021-07-12/

So it seems like they're just making stuff up on the fly now with their Masonic science... first it is fine and now not? 

Wonder how many innocent people will be screwed now.. 

I always thought it was a bad idea to mix vaccines it just didn't seem right.

Kind of like mixing two different medications. 

I just laugh at this stuff at how much inaccuracy there is.. almost like they're just rushing everything. 

The WHO says maybe we shouldn't mix and match?  You've got to be kidding.

Good timing on your part, though.  Just when we're dumping on people who won't get vaccinated, a story like this comes along and makes people's hesitation to get vaccinated a little more understandable.

• Haha 1