The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My bro doesn't want to get vaccinated.

I mean, he's an over weight stress case in his 50's that smokes a couple packs a day. But you know, he's read some things and is concerned about his health.

I don’t know if this was intended to be funny, but I couldn’t help laughing.  Seriously obesity and poor lifestyle are so high risk.  But you know, “I read on the Internet getting these new vaccines might kill me, so to hell with them!”  

We can be very dumb. 

54 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

From the opening paragraph of the article:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

The World Health Organization's chief scientist on Monday advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers, calling it a "dangerous trend" since more data is needed about the health impact.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

So we have the chief scientist at WHO advising people against mixing and matching COVID 19 vaccines and saying we don't have enough data to know about the health impact of mixing and matching.

Yes, there is some data suggesting it's okay to mix AZ with Pfizer.  But we have Canadian experts who told us some time ago that it was okay to mix and match Pfizer with Moderna.  So do the Canadian experts know of studies that the WHO chief scientist doesn't know about?

You can try to explain it away but the problem here is that we have conflicting expert advice.  And this type of conflicting advice can reinforce the reluctance of those who are nervous about taking the vaccine.

I think whats conflicting is the reporting, not the advice. 

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Yes, there is some data suggesting it's okay to mix AZ with Pfizer.  But we have Canadian experts who told us some time ago that it was okay to mix and match Pfizer with Moderna.  So do the Canadian experts know of studies that the WHO chief scientist doesn't know about?

Canadian experts have data from Canadians who have mixed Pfizer and Moderna and I'd trust them over the WHO. This should just reinforce the idea that you should ignore what the WHO is saying and listen to your local authorities if they are backed by the medical community.

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t know if this was intended to be funny, but I couldn’t help laughing.  Seriously obesity and poor lifestyle are so high risk.  But you know, “I read on the Internet getting these new vaccines might kill me, so to hell with them!”  

We can be very dumb. 

It is funny/sad and he can be dumb despite being quite intelligent. He was always into conspiracy theories when we were kids. I remember him telling me about the Freemasons and Rosicrucians back in the early 80's. Now he has a whole world of like minded folk at his finger tips. 

I love him but he is a rough and tough dude that is very head strong. I wish he didn't have access to the internet. I'm gonna try to talk to him about it....again. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

My bro doesn't want to get vaccinated.

I mean, he's an over weight stress case in his 50's that smokes a couple packs a day. But you know, he's read some things and is concerned about his health.

Sooo.....has he filed to run for Georgia Senator yet?

• Sad 1

For those who may be interested:

***********************************************************************************************

https://www.canada.ca/en/global-affairs/news/2021/07/canada-announces-new-contribution-to-global-vaccination-efforts-and-launch-of-matching-fund-with-unicef-canada.html

The Ministers also announced that the Government of Canada will match, dollar for dollar, donations made by individual Canadians to UNICEF Canada’s COVID-19 vaccination fundraising campaign, up to a maximum of $10 million.

The matching fund campaign, called “Give A Vax,” will run to September 6, 2021. Canadians who want to donate to UNICEF Canada’s fundraising campaign can do so by going to www.unicef.ca/giveavax or by texting VACCINES to 45678 to donate $10.

A fully funded matching fund campaign would cover the vaccination costs of approximately 4 million people. Funds will enable UNICEF to cover the per-person cost to transport vaccines to destination countries, keep vaccines viable by protecting the cold chain during the journey, and training health care workers to effectively administer the vaccines and safely dispose of needles and waste.

*************************************************************************************************************

The UNICEF Canada site can be reached at:

https://secure.unicef.ca/page/86234/donate/1?utm_source=vanity&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=2021 COVID Government Match EN&ea.tracking.id=21DIAQ12VUE

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sooo.....has he filed to run for Georgia Senator yet?

I know right. We all should be happy that he cannot. He hasn't mentioned the Jewish space lasers yet though so maybe he is just circling the rabbit hole. There may be still hope...

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

80.3% of 12+.  Hopefully we eventually get up to the Yukon's first dose percentage...88.6% of 12+.  

Canada will surpass the USA in second dose percent this Friday.  Who would have thought that in March.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BCNeil said:

80.3% of 12+.  Hopefully we eventually get up to the Yukon's first dose percentage...88.6% of 12+.  

Canada will surpass the USA in second dose percent this Friday.  Who would have thought that in March.  

Hopefully in the coming months when the FDA gives full approval a few more people will be convinced to get them.  I'd love to see us crack 90%.  The higher the better. 

• Like 1

Got my 2nd Pfizer dose yesterday.

Arm is sore but bearable. Nausea kicked in last night, and brain fog was pretty bad this morning. Staring at emails and didn't understand a single thing, slowly eased away around lunch. Still kinda nauseous though.

• Huggy Bear 3

56 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

J&J with yet another dangerous product this time recalling various sunscreens because they contain benzene. 

I would be very hesitant to put anything in my body produced by those idiots.

So sad, J&J used to be a stand up company. Beancounters cutting corners everywhere?