The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Likewise.  I think that should be made public to help convince those who haven't yet chosen to roll up their sleeves.  The more prominent, the better.

And make public the correlation between hospitalization and not being vaccinated.  What is it?  Some areas reporting its 95 to 100% of those in hospital with Covid aren’t vaccinated.  

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The government wasn't even checking international travelers coming thru YVR when this whole thing started, when all people in society were their most vigilant. Nevermind a much more intense lockdown or extremely stict travel bans. 

Its not just 'selfish a**hats' who botched this. 

Fair enough and i will say i wasnt happy with that from the beginning.  We really should have banned all international travel a lot sooner and maybe even inter provincial just to keep covid at bay.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

And make public the correlation between hospitalization and not being vaccinated.  What is it?  Some areas reporting its 95 to 100% of those in hospital with Covid aren’t vaccinated.  

I'd love to see what our numbers here in BC are like.  Probably like the Texas numbers.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/21/coronavirus-texas-vaccinated-deaths/

Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.

Preliminary data shows 99.5% of COVID-related deaths in Texas were among unvaccinated people, according to the Department of State Health Services.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

NFL announcing that if a team has a Covid outbreak among unvaccinated players and the game can’t be rescheduled easily it will be forfeited.This was just reported by Rintoul on 650.

I'm wondering if the NHL will do something similar as the schedule is kinda compressed due to the inclusion of an Olympic break.  I wonder if teams would be able to suspend such players.  Last thing we need is another Canucks outbreak to happen when vaccines will be readily available by training camp.

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'm wondering if the NHL will do something similar as the schedule is kinda compressed due to the inclusion of an Olympic break.  I wonder if teams would be able to suspend such players.  Last thing we need is another Canucks outbreak to happen when vaccines will be readily available by training camp.

Good question. I suspect vaccination rates are significantly higher here than in the NFL and that’s probably why they are trying to put pressure on the teams to “encourage” their players to get vaccinated.

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

They will have to.  No real way to postpone games this year.  I hear the football players don't get paid for their forfeited game either.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

They will have to.  No real way to postpone games this year.  I hear the football players don't get paid for their forfeited game either.  

Unless they were vaccinated, no?  NFL is struggling to convince their players to get vaccinated.  Considering these are all college educated players, it’s kind of surprising they’re refusing vaccination.  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Unless they were vaccinated, no?  NFL is struggling to convince their players to get vaccinated.  Considering these are all college educated players, it’s kind of surprising they’re refusing vaccination.  

I took this from the NFL page.

In addition, players on both teams will not be paid for the lost contest, and the team responsible for the cancelled game due to unvaccinated players will cover financial losses and be subject to potential discipline from the Commissioner's office.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I took this from the NFL page.

In addition, players on both teams will not be paid for the lost contest, and the team responsible for the cancelled game due to unvaccinated players will cover financial losses and be subject to potential discipline from the Commissioner's office.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

So the unvaccinated guys will cost all the other players money.  Oh boy!  This is going to get nasty. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

So the unvaccinated guys will cost all the other players money.  Oh boy!  This is going to get nasty. 

It's pretty harsh.  Can you imagine a normal workplace doing that.  Anyone in the office gets covid, the whole office shuts down, and nobody gets paid for the week.  Someone won't have any coffee break friends for a long time.  

• Upvote 1