The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

20 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

It's pretty harsh.  Can you imagine a normal workplace doing that.  Anyone in the office gets covid, the whole office shuts down, and nobody gets paid for the week.  Someone won't have any coffee break friends for a long time.  

Weirdest part, even if you are vaccinated you can still get and spread covid, you just aren't likely to get sick from it.

So how could a team or league tell who was spreading the covid?

Unless I'm  way off base?

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, gurn said:

Weirdest part, even if you are vaccinated you can still get and spread covid, you just aren't likely to get sick from it.

My guess is that it would be based on the number of unvaccinated players on the team that got Covid being high enough to have to postpone the game. I don’t think it’s really about who is spreading it.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

From what I've read, you're much less likely to get it, and much less likely to spread it due to a vastly reduced viral load in breakthrough cases. What's still unknown is how effective the vaccines will be with the Delta variant as it produces a much larger viral load than its predecessor. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Have I got news for you... :lol:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pfizer-astrazeneca-versus-delta-1.6113014

There's more, but I just captured the most tasty bits.  :P

Sorry about that. I was referring to the viral load of breakthrough cases, especially those with mild symptoms.

Should breakthrough infections worry vaccinated people? https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/breakthrough-covid-infections-wellness/index.html

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My guess is that the NFL is taking the stance that there's a "proven" way to avoid a shutdown (because the vaccine inhibits the most serious of outcomes, thus even if there's an outbreak situation, it's no longer a matter of life or death), and if some players choose not to get vaccinated and by virtue of their non-vaccinated status (and therefore - at risk of death) are caught in an outbreak forcing a game to be cancelled (because the league does not want the liability associated with deaths to unvaccinated players on both teams as a result of the outbreak, regardless of who brought the virus into the outbreak), then the punitive measure is placed on those that could have avoided putting the league into that potential liability situation - ie. the team with unvaccinated players where the outbreak is first detected.

Convoluted, I know - but I'm thinking its all about risk reduction and minimizing liability.

This is the first player reaction that I have seen. 

63DB8151-DE82-43CA-8EF4-809194D4B45C.jpeg

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

This is the first player reaction that I have seen. 

63DB8151-DE82-43CA-8EF4-809194D4B45C.jpeg

Finally nice to see someone speak out about the bullying that comes with not getting one..

Remember people it is a choice if one wants it or not... stop trying to ram it down peoples throat and giving that nonsense of protecting others.

I got the vaccine but if I actually had a choice I wouldn't have. The red tape and social stigma was too much for me not to get one. 

• RoughGame 1

6 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Yeah its a choice and you are free to make it if you so choose, but there are consequences to making that choice. I have the freedom to walk in the middle of a highway if i choose to but i wpuld have to accept the risk of getting flattened by a semi if i do so. People seem to be getting hung up on their rights without understanding that with rights come responsibilities as a citizen of the countries we live in. Theres no such thing as a free lunch and if you want to go unvaccinated then you have to accept that you may not be able to do everything you want to do.

chuck-norris-approved.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BCNeil said:

It's pretty harsh.  Can you imagine a normal workplace doing that.  Anyone in the office gets covid, the whole office shuts down, and nobody gets paid for the week.  Someone won't have any coffee break friends for a long time.  

Which is great that they can't. And they can't ask for your status on your vaccination. And they can't mandate you get one either. Plenty of legal red tape involved in that. There are certain exceptions such as healthcare but in most cases this won't be a thing. But that won't stop the office Nazis from enforcing their own rules: where my mother works only a handful of staff are beyond reasonable; even though you aren't required to do this and that such as you are not required to wear your mask at your desk, isolated, they are bullying employees into doing it and making their life miserable for not complying with their levels of paranoia. Which brings me back to my point earlier: if you are vaccinated and are still deathly terrified of the virus, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

19 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Which is great that they can't. And they can't ask for your status on your vaccination. And they can't mandate you get one either. Plenty of legal red tape involved in that. There are certain exceptions such as healthcare but in most cases this won't be a thing. But that won't stop the office Nazis from enforcing their own rules: where my mother works only a handful of staff are beyond reasonable; even though you aren't required to do this and that such as you are not required to wear your mask at your desk, isolated, they are bullying employees into doing it and making their life miserable for not complying with their levels of paranoia. Which brings me back to my point earlier: if you are vaccinated and are still deathly terrified of the virus, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

I'll fix the last line for ya:

if you are unvaccinated and are still acting like this virus is no big deal, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

That is the problem.  We have far too many a-holes who are walking around like this virus is no big deal.  Like their "choices" have no consequences.  That their simple "choice" won't affect others.  Herd immunity is a thing, and it requires all who can get vaccinated, do get vaccinated.  That means the anti-vaxx morons as well.  By all means necessary.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Finally nice to see someone speak out about the bullying that comes with not getting one..

Remember people it is a choice if one wants it or not... stop trying to ram it down peoples throat and giving that nonsense of protecting others.

I got the vaccine but if I actually had a choice I wouldn't have. The red tape and social stigma was too much for me not to get one. 

he's fine with spreading disease and shoving that down his teams throat. 

Stop it with the martyr routine when it comes to vaccines. "oh its a choice". Really? If thats the case, then physicians should have the right to not treat your covid case if you've decided to take that risk. I mean, its all a choice right? 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll fix the last line for ya:

if you are unvaccinated and are still acting like this virus is no big deal, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

That is the problem.  We have far too many a-holes who are walking around like this virus is no big deal.  Like their "choices" have no consequences.  That their simple "choice" won't affect others.  Herd immunity is a thing, and it requires all who can get vaccinated, do get vaccinated.  That means the anti-vaxx morons as well.  By all means necessary.   

Except that's not how it work. Unvaccinated people or those perceived to be unvaccinated, or even those who are but aren't as paranoid as their colleagues regarding those who aren't, have just as much rights as anybody else. You do not have the right to bully those in the workplace because they refuse to bend over backwards to satisfy your paranoia, especially those that are already following recommended guidelines

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Except that's not how it work. Unvaccinated people or those perceived to be unvaccinated, or even those who are but aren't as paranoid as their colleagues regarding those who aren't, have just as much rights as anybody else. You do not have the right to bully those in the workplace because they refuse to bend over backwards to satisfy your paranoia, especially those that are already following recommended guidelines

The medical health experts, the government and ultimately the majority will decide what 'rights' you have.

• Cheers 4

16 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

the #1 recommendation is that you get vaccinated 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

The medical health experts, the government and ultimately the majority will decide what 'rights' you have.

bingo its called "democracy" - thats how the thing works 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's fine with spreading disease and shoving that down his teams throat. 

Stop it with the martyr routine when it comes to vaccines. "oh its a choice". Really? If thats the case, then physicians should have the right to not treat your covid case if you've decided to take that risk. I mean, its all a choice right? 

I know you're a upvote machine and I get that but this fallacy I cannot let slide.. 

You do realize physicians or partically any doctor in the western world takes an oath to serve and heal any patient... regardless of their circumstances. 

Not doing so would break that oath possibly the law.

People should not be penalized for not getting one just with not wearing a mask in public. 

This whole notion of striping peoples freedoms for the good of others is a load of BS and is not proven to actually work. 

Vaccines are a choice and respect peoples decision of not getting one. 

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

I know you're a upvote machine and I get that but this fallacy I cannot let slide.. 

You do realize physicians or partically any doctor in the western world takes an oath to serve and heal any patient... regardless of their circumstances. 

Not doing so would break that oath possibly the law.

People should not be penalized for not getting one just with not wearing a mask in public. 

This whole notion of striping peoples freedoms for the good of others is a load of BS and is not proven to actually work. 

Vaccines are a choice and respect peoples decision of not getting one. 

I'm a what now?

You're acting like something is being done to you, when the reality is something is being done for you. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Yeah its a choice and you are free to make it if you so choose, but there are consequences to making that choice. I have the freedom to walk in the middle of a highway if i choose to but i wpuld have to accept the risk of getting flattened by a semi if i do so. People seem to be getting hung up on their rights without understanding that with rights come responsibilities as a citizen of the countries we live in. Theres no such thing as a free lunch and if you want to go unvaccinated then you have to accept that you may not be able to do everything you want to do.

This goes against rights and freedoms set out in the charter. That guarantees right of mobility across provinces which we have seen already broken. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm a what now?

You're acting like something is being done to you, when the reality is something is being done for you. 

Nothing has been done for me or against I got the vaccine..  I am just playing the devils advocate and trying to show the other side of the argument.

People have the right to refuse and still carry on living life.