The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Cue drummer4now to come and whine about constitutional rights being violated for that

Yeah sure if you like constitutional rights to be changed or amended on the fly… 

What is the point of having a charter of rights if it can just be changed or modified at please? 

WE Are guaranteed mobility rights within the provinces and territories and according to the charter it is unhindered. 

My judgement is purely based on what is written in law.

3 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Yeah sure if you like constitutional rights to be changed or amended on the fly… 

What is the point of having a charter of rights if it can just be changed or modified at please? 

WE Are guaranteed mobility rights within the provinces and territories and according to the charter it is unhindered. 

When those rights were guaranteed, no one thought Alberta would unleash biological weapons against the rest of the country.  Maybe wexit might be useful after all if it g creates a hard border between us and those morons.

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

When those rights were guaranteed, no one thought Alberta would unleash biological weapons against the rest of the country.  Maybe wexit might be useful after all if it g creates a hard border between us and those morons.

We take Washington and Oregon. Montana absorbs Alberta and Sask. Everybody wins.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

I'm pretty sure that a pandemic is a situation where the emergencies act applies.   Definitely is legislation that was passed decades ago that allows temporary measures. 

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/e-4.5/page-1.html

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Aren't mobility rights as laid out in the Charter about moving to and taking up residence in any province and not family vacations?

In fact if you read the charter there are several Limitations to mobility rights.

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I like Alaska.  Can we have Alaska?  Northern California is nice too.  

We will never get any of California but we can maybe trade Alaska for a case of Molsons.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Rights come with responsibilities. If these morons from alberta refuse to get their $&!# together than they dont deserve to travel here and &^@# up our progress

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No one that I know has ever denied he said it.  It's why he said it.  I'm so sick of the bullsh*t misinformation spewed........people that continue to spout off and put themselves ahead of their community are the reason that Kelowna is back under mandates and the reason why businesses are having to close down.

Drop the "in the name of freedom" act, no one is buying what you're selling anymore

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

AS I have said before I call myself an BC Patriot stuck in Albertabama - I still wear a mask and I have been double-vaccinated for several months. The fact that the government here is reducing contract tracers, not requiring people who test positive to isolate starting next month is mind blowing. You guys can hack on Bonnie Henry all you like but Deena Hinshaw here in Albertabama must have got her degree from the University of Phoenix online. Would not be shocking to learn some of the high number of cases in the Kelowna area are due to travelers from here :(

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

So about 73 % of B.C'. ers have had 1 shot and 58% have had 2, according to these guys 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/track-how-many-people-have-been-given-the-covid-19-vaccine-across-canada-1.5870573

If B.C. tops out at 80% for both shots that still leaves  about 920,000 people without any.

If they all eventually get covid 5% are going to be hospitalized and 1.18% are likely dead.   Approx 46,000 hospitalizations with 10,450  ish dying. Still large enough numbers to crush the medical system.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

50 minutes ago, gurn said:

So about 73 % of B.C'. ers have had 1 shot and 58% have had 2, according to these guys 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/track-how-many-people-have-been-given-the-covid-19-vaccine-across-canada-1.5870573

If B.C. tops out at 80% for both shots that still leaves  about 920,000 people without any.

If they all eventually get covid 5% are going to be hospitalized and 1.18% are likely dead.   Approx 46,000 hospitalizations with 10,450  ish dying. Still large enough numbers to crush the medical system.

That quick math is really crushing.   So many unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations that we taxpayers are going to pay for in some way.  

But MuH FrEeDoM!!!!!!!!!  Freedom of being a cautionary tale for future generations. 

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, EOTM said:

We take Washington and Oregon. Montana absorbs Alberta and Sask. Everybody wins.

4 hours ago, EOTM said:

We will never get any of California but we can maybe trade Alaska for a case of Molsons.

Just to clarify, having lived in California and lived in the US for a number of years.

Oregon and Washington, and large parts of California have populations of rednecks and right wing lunatics that make the average hot blooded anti Trudeau Albertan look like a BLM protesting leftist by comparison.

I mean if we're picking and choosing I'm ok with essentially the entire coastline plus 100 km inland and that's about it.

Plus, the cities of Seattle/tacoma Portland and the Bay area alone are holding populations larger than the entire population of BC and in fact approaching the entirety of the nation of Canada.

I'd be far more amiable to reaching a fair movement agreement with the US over Alberta and allowing them to leave if they want, as long as they promise to leave their citizenship at the border

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1