Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, BCNeil said:

It's pretty harsh.  Can you imagine a normal workplace doing that.  Anyone in the office gets covid, the whole office shuts down, and nobody gets paid for the week.  Someone won't have any coffee break friends for a long time.  

Which is great that they can't. And they can't ask for your status on your vaccination. And they can't mandate you get one either. Plenty of legal red tape involved in that. There are certain exceptions such as healthcare but in most cases this won't be a thing. But that won't stop the office Nazis from enforcing their own rules: where my mother works only a handful of staff are beyond reasonable; even though you aren't required to do this and that such as you are not required to wear your mask at your desk, isolated, they are bullying employees into doing it and making their life miserable for not complying with their levels of paranoia. Which brings me back to my point earlier: if you are vaccinated and are still deathly terrified of the virus, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Which is great that they can't. And they can't ask for your status on your vaccination. And they can't mandate you get one either. Plenty of legal red tape involved in that. There are certain exceptions such as healthcare but in most cases this won't be a thing. But that won't stop the office Nazis from enforcing their own rules: where my mother works only a handful of staff are beyond reasonable; even though you aren't required to do this and that such as you are not required to wear your mask at your desk, isolated, they are bullying employees into doing it and making their life miserable for not complying with their levels of paranoia. Which brings me back to my point earlier: if you are vaccinated and are still deathly terrified of the virus, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

I'll fix the last line for ya:

 

if you are unvaccinated and are still acting like this virus is no big deal, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

 

That is the problem.  We have far too many a-holes who are walking around like this virus is no big deal.  Like their "choices" have no consequences.  That their simple "choice" won't affect others.  Herd immunity is a thing, and it requires all who can get vaccinated, do get vaccinated.  That means the anti-vaxx morons as well.  By all means necessary.   

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Finally nice to see someone speak out about the bullying that comes with not getting one..

 

Remember people it is a choice if one wants it or not... stop trying to ram it down peoples throat and giving that nonsense of protecting others.

 

I got the vaccine but if I actually had a choice I wouldn't have. The red tape and social stigma was too much for me not to get one. 

he's fine with spreading disease and shoving that down his teams throat. 

 

Stop it with the martyr routine when it comes to vaccines. "oh its a choice". Really? If thats the case, then physicians should have the right to not treat your covid case if you've decided to take that risk. I mean, its all a choice right? 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll fix the last line for ya:

 

if you are unvaccinated and are still acting like this virus is no big deal, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

 

That is the problem.  We have far too many a-holes who are walking around like this virus is no big deal.  Like their "choices" have no consequences.  That their simple "choice" won't affect others.  Herd immunity is a thing, and it requires all who can get vaccinated, do get vaccinated.  That means the anti-vaxx morons as well.  By all means necessary.   

Except that's not how it work. Unvaccinated people or those perceived to be unvaccinated, or even those who are but aren't as paranoid as their colleagues regarding those who aren't, have just as much rights as anybody else. You do not have the right to bully those in the workplace because they refuse to bend over backwards to satisfy your paranoia, especially those that are already following recommended guidelines

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll fix the last line for ya:

 

if you are unvaccinated and are still acting like this virus is no big deal, that is your &^@#ing problem. Stay the &^@# home and leave people alone. 

 

That is the problem.  We have far too many a-holes who are walking around like this virus is no big deal.  Like their "choices" have no consequences.  That their simple "choice" won't affect others.  Herd immunity is a thing, and it requires all who can get vaccinated, do get vaccinated.  That means the anti-vaxx morons as well.  By all means necessary.   

I think this is symptomatic of the people who think that civic duty begins and ends with "Me me me meeeeeeeeee... me me me meeeeeeeeeeee..."

 

Such as, "if it's a bother to me, then i won't do it - it's my freedumb and civic duty", or "if I don't believe it, then it's not true - it's my freedumb and civic duty"... "I won't catch this disease (because I'm immortal), so I won't follow the precautionary measures and I won't get vaccinated - who cares about other people, it's my freedumb and civic duty".

 

edit - pro.tip for the obtuse: civic duty is about more than yourself or your immediate surroundings.

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Except that's not how it work. Unvaccinated people or those perceived to be unvaccinated, or even those who are but aren't as paranoid as their colleagues regarding those who aren't, have just as much rights as anybody else. You do not have the right to bully those in the workplace because they refuse to bend over backwards to satisfy your paranoia, especially those that are already following recommended guidelines

The medical health experts, the government and ultimately the majority will decide what 'rights' you have.

  • Hydration 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Except that's not how it work. Unvaccinated people or those perceived to be unvaccinated, or even those who are but aren't as paranoid as their colleagues regarding those who aren't, have just as much rights as anybody else. You do not have the right to bully those in the workplace because they refuse to bend over backwards to satisfy your paranoia, especially those that are already following recommended guidelines

the #1 recommendation is that you get vaccinated 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

The medical health experts, the government and ultimately the majority will decide what 'rights' you have.

bingo its called "democracy" - thats how the thing works 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's fine with spreading disease and shoving that down his teams throat. 

 

Stop it with the martyr routine when it comes to vaccines. "oh its a choice". Really? If thats the case, then physicians should have the right to not treat your covid case if you've decided to take that risk. I mean, its all a choice right? 

I know you're a upvote machine and I get that but this fallacy I cannot let slide.. 

 

You do realize physicians or partically any doctor in the western world takes an oath to serve and heal any patient... regardless of their circumstances. 

Not doing so would break that oath possibly the law.

 

People should not be penalized for not getting one just with not wearing a mask in public. 

This whole notion of striping peoples freedoms for the good of others is a load of BS and is not proven to actually work. 

 

Vaccines are a choice and respect peoples decision of not getting one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

I know you're a upvote machine and I get that but this fallacy I cannot let slide.. 

 

You do realize physicians or partically any doctor in the western world takes an oath to serve and heal any patient... regardless of their circumstances. 

Not doing so would break that oath possibly the law.

 

People should not be penalized for not getting one just with not wearing a mask in public. 

This whole notion of striping peoples freedoms for the good of others is a load of BS and is not proven to actually work. 

 

Vaccines are a choice and respect peoples decision of not getting one. 

I'm a what now?

 

You're acting like something is being done to you, when the reality is something is being done for you. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Yeah its a choice and you are free to make it if you so choose, but there are consequences to making that choice. I have the freedom to walk in the middle of a highway if i choose to but i wpuld have to accept the risk of getting flattened by a semi if i do so. People seem to be getting hung up on their rights without understanding that with rights come responsibilities as a citizen of the countries we live in. Theres no such thing as a free lunch and if you want to go unvaccinated then you have to accept that you may not be able to do everything you want to do.

This goes against rights and freedoms set out in the charter. That guarantees right of mobility across provinces which we have seen already broken. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm a what now?

 

You're acting like something is being done to you, when the reality is something is being done for you. 

Nothing has been done for me or against I got the vaccine..  I am just playing the devils advocate and trying to show the other side of the argument.

 

People have the right to refuse and still carry on living life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

Nothing has been done for me or against I got the vaccine..  I am just playing the devils advocate and trying to show the other side of the argument.

 

People have the right to refuse and still carry on living life.

man, you really don't appreciate what had to happen for you to be safe. Its actually stunning. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

man, you really don't appreciate what had to happen for you to be safe. Its actually stunning. 

Now you're just putting words in my mouth.. 

 

I never said anything about being ungrateful for getting a vaccine all I stated was stop bullying or pressuring people to get it if they don't want it..

They are not stupid or nut bags it is their body their choice.. 

I also said if I had a choice I wouldn't have. 

 

It is like many other things in this world like being LGTBQ+ you may approve or not but at the end the person makes their personal decision same with the vac. 

 

Open mind please.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

96% of COVID-19 cases are among those not fully vaccinated, B.C. health officials say

“If you take all the cases from June 15 to July 15, 78 per cent of those cases are among those who are unvaccinated,” Adrian Dix said.

And likely close to 100% of hospitalizations are not fully vaccinated.  It’s so obvious that people, who refuse vaccination, are kind of dumbos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Now you're just putting words in my mouth.. 

 

I never said anything about being ungrateful for getting a vaccine all I stated was stop bullying or pressuring people to get it if they don't want it..

They are not stupid or nut bags it is their body their choice.. 

I also said if I had a choice I wouldn't have. 

 

It is like many other things in this world like being LGTBQ+ you may approve or not but at the end the person makes their personal decision same with the vac. 

 

Open mind please.. 

 

What other option is there? Grossly misinformed? Brainwashed? Easily manipulated? So many possibilities... 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...