The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

Ah yes, they're the ones being manipulated.

Disgusting overreach of power by governments. Give an inch, take a mile.

Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired that every time we put in new rules and regulations it always leads to "there taking our rights and freedoms away" or "this is oppression".  No we don't live in China, Russia or some banana republic.  We live in Canada.  The rules and regs are there not to take away peoples rights or freedoms but to allow the majority (who want these rules and regs) the freedom to live their lives as normally as possible.  Give your head a shake.  Vaccines are the only way out of this.  Unless you have any other solution?  Do you?  Or are you just shooting off your mouth?  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired that every time we put in new rules and regulations it always leads to "there taking our rights and freedoms away" or "this is oppression".  No we don't live in China, Russia or some banana republic.  We live in Canada.  The rules and regs are there not to take away peoples rights or freedoms but to allow the majority (who want these rules and regs) the freedom to live their lives as normally as possible.  Give your head a shake.  Vaccines are the only way out of this.  Unless you have any other solution?  Do you?  Or are you just shooting off your mouth?  

Remember this when you're on your 15th Pfizer subscription, er Booster

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

32 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

So here's your chance.  I'll be open minded.........how do you propose getting out of them managing this pandemic/virus?

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Considering Pfizer and Moderna increased prices for the vaccine in EU countries and then assert booster shots are required going forward, and that much of the government is bought and paid for by big pharma, and that neither entity takes any responsibility for possible short or long term side effects or negative outcomes from the vaccine, is just one reason why this idea should obviously be opposed

what are the details of the price increases? 

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

So here's your chance.  I'll be open minded.........how do you propose getting out of them managing this pandemic/virus?

typical no solutions from this crowd.  I expect this person to come back with "Do your own research"

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm glad that we dont have this kind of mentality looking out for public health. We'd be back in the days of giving offerings and applying a poultice. Maybe some chicken soup if things are really bad. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

I was just going to say lets put more chemicals in our body because big Pharma or the government said so… no thanks I’ll stick to two shots. 
Let’s us increase the chance of developing  side effects. 

I mean when is this going to end? It is like they’re just making up stuff on the fly almost as if Mickey Mouse was running things. 

People have become too gullible during this pandemic.  

Edited by drummer4now
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, drummer4now said:

I was just going to say lets put more chemicals in our body because big Pharma or the government said so… no thanks I’ll stick to two shots. 

I mean when is this going to end? It is like they’re just making up stuff on the fly almost as of Mickey Mouse was running things. 

Isn’t the booster for the high risk people, so elderly, and the obese?  

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

5 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

typical no solutions from this crowd.  I expect this person to come back with "Do your own research"

When someone has to say they will be open minded about something :lol:

The answer certainly isn't mass-vaccination with the least studied 'vaccine' in our existence. This is the largest clinical trial of human history.

We live in a society where the government says to jump, and 75% ask how high? Since when does the government, who is deeply, deeply rooted in big pharma, have our individual best interests in mind?

I'd hope people would read up on history, as its headed to repeat itself

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

26 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

I mean when is this going to end? It is like they’re just making up stuff on the fly almost as if Mickey Mouse was running things. 

"big Pharma" 

So I'm guessing if you need blood pressure medication you're not gong to take it, since you know that might lead to government over reach. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"big Pharma" 

So I'm guessing if you need blood pressure medication you're not gong to take it, since you know that might lead to government over reach. 

As my recent blood work has indicated I have near perfect health.. so I will not need blood pressure medication anytime soon. 

I have no problems with medication or even the vaccine as I have taken one dose already but what I am saying is don’t trust them all the time thinking they have your best interest in mind. 

After all these a big corporations seeking profits.

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

You do realize that this virus is constantly mutating right?  So you expect the experts to know everything about a Virus that is constantly changing?  Last years version of COVID is like Loui Erickson.  This year's version is more like JT Miller.  And if we do not get things under control, we may get a Conner Mcdavid version in due time.

I fully expect to be taking a Booster shot.  

There are side effects to every single drug we take whether its for Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes etc..  big Pharma is keeping my blood pressure at a safe level (especially after reading and responding to posts on this site).

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Florida being Florida....<_<

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/566056-florida-district-reverses-on-mask-mandate-after-desantis-threatens

A Florida school district has dropped its mask mandate for schools after Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) issued an executive order that would cut off funding to schools that did so.

Broward County Public Schools said Monday it “intends to comply with the Governor’s latest Executive Order” but that it will “strongly encourage” people in its schools to wear masks and advocate for all eligible students to get vaccinated.

Children 12 years and older can get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

The Broward County Public School Board voted last week to require students, staff and visitors to wear masks inside its schools.

Two days later, DeSantis signed an executive order to “protect parents’ freedom to choose” if their children should wear masks at schools, a direct rebuke to districts that imposed mask mandates despite his public attitude against the measures.

The order gave the Florida commissioner of education the power to withhold state funds from schools that do not comply with the new policy.

I sincerely hope that no child in Florida pays the price for this assclown's political posturing, but if it happens the parents should understand that they, (along with Governor Desantis) are responsible for the child's death...

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

You do realize that this virus is constantly mutating right?  So you expect the experts to know everything about a Virus that is constantly changing?  Last years version of COVID is like Loui Erickson.  This year's version is more like JT Miller.  And if we do not get things under control, we may get a Conner Mcdavid version in due time.

There are side effects to every single drug we take whether its for Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes etc..  big Pharma is keeping my blood pressure at a safe level (especially after reading and responding to posts on this site).

No, no Coho....he's right....when does it stop?

...I mean it's not like we need a new flu shot every year or anything.....oh, wait....:unsure:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

As my recent blood work has indicated I have near perfect health.. so I will not need blood pressure medication anytime soon. 

I have no problems with medication or even the vaccine as I have taken one dose already but what I am saying is don’t trust them all the time thinking they have your best interest in mind. 

After all these a big corporations seeking profits.

Good for you.  I hope you get your second shot soon.  Some of us aren't so lucky in that things like high blood pressure and cholesterol issues are hereditary.  For me its either trust in the medication that my doc's prescribe or stroke out like I almost did when my BP spiked to over 200 because I refused to take any medications for it despite being in the best shape of my life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm glad that we dont have this kind of mentality looking out for public health. We'd be back in the days of giving offerings and applying a poultice. Maybe some chicken soup if things are really bad. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Haha.

Post of the day, perfect for a hockey site.

9/10 !

You would have got a perfect score had you called it ..."a Boeser shot'

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1