The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

8 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Murder. And you're right it might be similar. 

Abortion is filth of this world and unless it was due to rape or something or for some god for sake reason IMO it is bad. 

People being lazy and stupid not using contraceptives or birth control do not deserve children or have the right to abort if they decide later they made a mistake. 

Now of course they do abort, but that is a whole can of worms :emot-parrot:

It is too bad we live in a disposable society where human fetus and unborn babies are treated like nothing special. 

I can't even explain you how bad it is. 

....not being vaccinated is murder, plain and simple. Entitled and selfish people are murderers too! See what I did there? Your charter of Rights, my ass!

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, drummer4now said:

First off I don't know why you referred to the social media accounts when I said I agree that the 5g chips in vaccine crowd are being lied too.. 

There are medical professionals and scientists who are anti-vaxx or the very least pro choice. 

I personally met a medical doctor from Denman Island BC and he is pro-choice; he even attended a anti-vaxx rally. 

The main differences between Covid-19 and the previous illnesses is how deadly they were and level of severity on the general population. 

People literally dropped like flies with those diseases and millions of deaths later. 

Covid-19 is deadly don't get me wrong but it is mostly been overblown to fear monger people into submission. 

A virus that can be eradicated via sunlight to say the least. 

https://www.ksat.com/news/national/2020/08/14/dr-anthony-fauci-tells-matthew-mcconaughey-sunlight-kills-covid-19-gets-candid-in-qa/

Who, if he were my doctor, would be my former doctor so friggin' fast, even your head would spin. He ranks up there with Rand Paul, and Mark Donnelly.

6 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Supposedly, it's an "expected outcome" due to the broadening of gathering allowances and relaxation of social distancing/masking measures.  The gamble our Provincial PHO is making is that because the majority of people are vaccinated, the restrictions can be reduced because there are expected to be less adverse or critically serious outcomes.  Key word being gamble.

Far be it from me to be a debbie downer, but I think that at some point, one of the variants will render the vaccines ineffective, which will compel us to be back to massive restrictions again.

We need to avoid overwhelming the hospitals.  Sending a steady stream of antivax idiots while cases are manageable is preferable to slamming them all at once later.  Hopefully they get some immunity from actually getting Covid, although it obviously won't be as good as the vaccine.

• Vintage 1
11 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm curious to know how much overlap there is between "pro-choice" vaccination and "pro-life" anti-abortion populations.  I suspect it might be a very close match, which is morbidly laughable, because on the one hand, they're touting "my body my choice" for vaccination... but then deny the same rights to people who also state "my body my choice" when it comes to abortions.

I can only speak for myself and those people I know closely.  All pro vaccine.  All pro life.  To me it’s stupid to try and bring such an argument, as you presented, to the issue of antivaxxers.  

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I can only speak for myself and those people I know closely.  All pro vaccine.  All pro life.  To me it’s stupid to try and bring such an argument, as you presented, to the issue of antivaxxers.  

It was more of a curiosity than trying to bring the argument of conflating the two.  My curiosity arose from the perceived overlap of sentiments surrounding personal choice vs. public interest and the apparent situation south of the 49th where pro-life anti-abortionists are generally GOP supporters - who also tend to be the people that downplay the seriousness of this pandemic and also promote a "personal choice" stance to why people shouldn't vaccinate.

But, as mentioned, it's purely curiosity on my part.  If I wanted to conflate anti-vax with any other philosophy, dogma, or belief system, there are so many other interesting ones to choose from... such as religion, ethnicity, or affluence.  :bigblush:

(For example, did you know that there is a significant part of the HK population that refuses to get the shot?  But that's more born out of distrust of the government and their preferred suppliers)

Canada caught up to UK. Need a measured reopening depending on local case spread.  It doesn't need to be extremes at either end, all or nothing. 

Keep some sensible measures in place until the population is 70-80% fully vaccinated. 

Screenshot_20210724-140425~2.png

What is important is that God wants everyone to be vaccinated.

Some of the believers are being very stubborn due largely to politics and the influence of the devil.

Hopefully they will see the errors in their ways and follow their faith, be strong for their fellow human beings and find the lord again in their hearts.

Some interesting data out of Iceland...........

Another worrisome data point comes from Iceland. The island nation opened on June 26 with extremely high rates of vaccination.
iceland vaccinations
Despite that, cases immediately began a sharp climb.
Iceland covid cases
The good news is that there have been only 3 hospital admissions so far but the bad news is that curbs are already back in place. Pre-arrival testing requirements are required again along with mask mandates and capacity limits.

Iceland largely used the Johnson & Johnson vaccine along with Pfizer.

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

What is important is that God wants everyone to be vaccinated.

Some of the believers are being very stubborn due largely to politics and the influence of the devil.

Hopefully they will see the errors in their ways and follow their faith, be strong for their fellow human beings and find the lord again in their hearts.

It always grinds my gears when people speak for God... like they know what he wants.

How do you know he wants people vaccinated? 

There are many instances in the bible where he has wiped people clean off the face of this planet for disobeying him.

One could argue we live in worse times than Sodom and Gomorrah in terms of sin and disobedience.. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by drummer4now
  • Hydration 1
10 hours ago, johngould21 said:

....not being vaccinated is murder, plain and simple. Entitled and selfish people are murderers too! See what I did there? Your charter of Rights, my ass!

10 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Who, if he were my doctor, would be my former doctor so friggin' fast, even your head would spin. He ranks up there with Rand Paul, and Mark Donnelly.

Just very rude John... 

Goes against your established opinion the guy is automatically a quack?

• RoughGame 1
4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Some interesting data out of Iceland...........

Another worrisome data point comes from Iceland. The island nation opened on June 26 with extremely high rates of vaccination.
iceland vaccinations
Despite that, cases immediately began a sharp climb.
Iceland covid cases
The good news is that there have been only 3 hospital admissions so far but the bad news is that curbs are already back in place. Pre-arrival testing requirements are required again along with mask mandates and capacity limits.

Iceland largely used the Johnson & Johnson vaccine along with Pfizer.

Just by eyeballing that chart, it looks like it's about 80-85% of all eligible adults and youth getting at least their first shot (if Pfizer), probably closer to 80% fully vaccinated.  Any idea as to how many are local transmission (ie. indirect), how many are initially introduced from abroad (ie. direct)?

14 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Just very rude John... 

Goes against your established opinion the guy is automatically a quack?

He's right up there with that band of gypsy's from Ohio and their views on the pandemic a few months back. I sometime wonder where or how they get a medical degree, like some of the "lawyers" in USA politics, :ie Cruz. IMO, he is by the way! As I said he would be my former doctor.

Edited by johngould21
  • Vintage 1
57 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

He's right up there with that band of gypsy's from Ohio and their views on the pandemic a few months back. I sometime wonder where or how they get a medical degree, like some of the "lawyers" in USA politics, :ie Cruz. IMO, he is by the way! As I said he would be my former doctor.

That "Dr" has been debunked so many times in the last year and a half I'm surprised anyone has the gonads to throw him out as a "source" anymore.

Dr Phil has more credibility than he does

• Vintage 1
56 minutes ago, stawns said:

That "Dr" has been debunked so many times in the last year and a half I'm surprised anyone has the gonads to throw him out as a "source" anymore.

As does this guy.

1AF80902-B2A4-45F5-920E-0000B1393C4C.gif

• Haha 1

France is set to pass 'vaccine passports' into law

Sun 25 Jul 2021 20:37:22 GMT

Last week President of France Macron said that proof of full vaccination or a negative test will be need to access venues such as theatres, nightclubs, bars cafes and restaurants.

Parliamentary talks have been taking place and reports are that opposing factions in parliament are agreed.  The Senate approved the legislation 199 votes to 123 (with some amendments). The legislation also needs approval from France's Constitutional Council before becoming law.

France has seen protests against the proposals but they looks set for implementation. 

Speaking of protests, Australia saw similar over the weekend in Sydney and Melbourne from unmasked crowds. These are likely to have spread infections further and risk more extensions of lockdowns in both of Australia's largest two cities. 
  • Like 1
  • RoughGame 1
6 hours ago, stawns said:

Yet he still gets his bs out there to all the anti everythings. I'm surprised the CMA hasn't stepped in and smacked him on the wrists.

• Vintage 1