The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

22 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Just very rude John... 

Goes against your established opinion the guy is automatically a quack?

Why is his opinion somehow not credible, but yours with anecdotal statements is?

22 hours ago, drummer4now said:

It always grinds my gears when people speak for God... like they know what he wants.

How do you know he wants people vaccinated? 

Why is it people can somehow claim god wants babies to be born but doesn't want them vaccinated?

How can one be pro life about pregnancies but also not pro life about vaccines saving lives when speaking for or about god?

Just my 2 cents

• Upvote 1

Curious what the rising risk and cases of the delta variant in the US and Canada will do to the border reopening.

Even more curious as to what the feds response will be if provinces start showing consistent gains and triple digit case loads from it

• Hydration 1

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno what I think about this...

Unvaccinated Steelers Are Now Wearing Indicators

Pittsburgh Steelers who are unvaccinated against COVID-19 are now wearing indicators.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/unvaccinated-pittsburgh-steelers-wearing-indicators

It’s a good thing.  It tells everyone else the person isn’t vaccinated.  Lots of businesses will require vaccine passports to use their services.  I’d expect the businesses that require vaccination of their employees and vaccine passports of their customers to do way better than ones that don’t.  Unless it’s a place for village idiots to hang out.  

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s a good thing.  It tells everyone else the person isn’t vaccinated.  Lots of businesses will require vaccine passports to use their services.  I’d expect the businesses that require vaccination of their employees and vaccine passports of their customers to do way better than ones that don’t.  Unless it’s a place for village idiots to hang out.  

Do they wear the yellow bracelets when playing in a game?

Will that affect the other players on the field and the game overall?

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Do they wear the yellow bracelets when playing in a game?

Will that affect the other players on the field and the game overall?

I’m pretty sure it’s just for when getting water and things like that.  Other players know to stay clear of those guys.  It could cost them all a week’s pay.  And that’s a hell of a lot.  These are college educated guys, and they’re bright people.  It’s crazy some are a feared of these vaccines, especially when there is so much science behind them, and all their teammates are mostly vaccinated.  Really makes no sense.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m pretty sure it’s just for when getting water and things like that.  Other players know to stay clear of those guys.  It could cost them all a week’s pay.  And that’s a hell of a lot.  These are college educated guys, and they’re bright people.  It’s crazy some are a feared of these vaccines, especially when there is so much science behind them, and all their teammates are mostly vaccinated.  Really makes no sense.  

So during the game they wear identifiers/wrist bracelets ? Do they get to play when not vaccinated and the other team can see that?

Seems weird. I wouldn't want to play with or against a non-vax, in fact I think a player shouldn't have to.

Though I am also not sure of the step to publicly label them. Seems like the wrong idea to me. I would rather, if you are not vaccinated you don't play.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So during the game they wear identifiers/wrist bracelets ? Do they get to play when not vaccinated and the other team can see that?

Seems weird. I wouldn't want to play with or against a non-vax, in fact I think a player shouldn't have to.

Though I am also not sure of the step to publicly label them. Seems like the wrong idea to me. I would rather, if you are not vaccinated you don't play.

I guess that’s up to the employer.  Lots of businesses will insist their employees get vaccinated, or find other work.  

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Curious what the rising risk and cases of the delta variant in the US and Canada will do to the border reopening.

Even more curious as to what the feds response will be if provinces start showing consistent gains and triple digit case loads from it

Keep it closed, is my opinion. I wouldn't trust any of those rednecks heading to Alaska by car, saying they've been vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Anyone who's gotten the second shot, did you find the side-effects kind of come and go. And in general you feel kinda loopy?

First one, just the shot, sore arm the next day. This one I'm feeling it. 

No.  Didn’t have any side effects.  But, I did get my second dose on a Sunday morning and was seriously boozed up.  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Anyone who's gotten the second shot, did you find the side-effects kind of come and go. And in general you feel kinda loopy?

2nd shot of moderna kicked my ass sideways.

Aches, fever, headache, bad sleep....yep, and feeling loopy. Lasted for two days after the shot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Got second Pfizer yesterday.  Sore arm this morning, and a little digestive system issues.  Other then that all good.

• Hydration 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sorry Alf

I have a buddy that recieved a football scholarship down south.............some of the courses are not what you would call hard

Image result for pictures of basket weaving

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I know that the federal government isn't going to introduce vaccine passports but allow the provinces to come up with them.. 

I don't know how it will work in BC but I can't see them being used here. 

Ontario has already said no and same with Alberta. 

Edited by drummer4now

20 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sorry Alf

I have a buddy that recieved a football scholarship down south.............some of the courses are not what you would call hard

Image result for pictures of basket weaving

My guess is that most of them will likely avoid courses in the sciences, especially those heavily involving math.  On the other hand, I could see them focussing on communications programs - helps with getting them ready for the NFL draft, as well as dealing with the media if/when they do make it to the big league.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1