Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Modern conservatives

Covid - "my body, my choice"

Abortion "BABY MURDERER"

Abortion: Don't kill babies!

Gun laws: Hand's off my gun! 

I used to praise Canada's laws. But the recent Liberal choices are just simply stupid. 

P.S. The dude in Nova Scotia, that went on a killing spree? No licence, shouldn't have had firearms, or ammo. 

But acquired them illegally. Feel safer now? 

How about more money to arrest and sentence criminals, gun smugglers, more for mental health counselling. 

Or does that make too much sense? Pretty sure the Canadian taxpayers don't want to pay $22 each for a buyback, when $750 million could be going

to healthcare, paramedics, mental health, homeless, drug addiction....

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yup

For me, this pandemic is a real line in the sand and I'm tired of the vocal minority getting the grease

its funny watching some US politicians now recommend getting vaccinated, tools like that Florida governor. He's only doing it because he thinks the new variants might kill off too much of his base. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yup

For me, this pandemic is a real line in the sand and I'm tired of the vocal minority getting the grease

It’s actually insane that 10-15% of the voting population is directing our government’s policies.  Horrid job by governments representing the vast majority.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its funny watching some US politicians now recommend getting vaccinated, tools like that Florida governor. He's only doing it because he thinks the new variants might kill off too much of his base. 

America made the whole pandemic political.  Absolutely stupid to do, and cost thousands of lives.  Seems like up here we’ve avoided that, for the most part, and it’s more an age thing.  Appears it’s more the 20-40 crowd who have this selfishness about them where, because the likelihood of them getting really ill from Covid is low, they believe they don’t need to be vaccinated.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

America made the whole pandemic political.  Absolutely stupid to do, and cost thousands of lives.  Seems like up here we’ve avoided that, for the most part, and it’s more an age thing.  Appears it’s more the 20-40 crowd who have this selfishness about them where, because the likelihood of them getting really ill from Covid is low, they believe they don’t need to be vaccinated.  

I haven't seen the numbers, is that the main group up here now?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s actually insane that 10-15% of the voting population is directing our government’s policies.  Horrid job by governments representing the vast majority.  

Maybe time for some tough love.

Or, just drop the love part all together and just get tougher.

Give them something to whinge about as the government hurting their freedumb is their new pablum. They will be stoked to moan on the internet and then go do a poorly attended protest.  

• Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Should check out the Alberta regional numbers right now post stampede...it is kind of amusing

A bit of a surge there with 387 total new cases in Alberta over the weekend hopefully things don’t get worse..

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

“poll, conducted May 18-25, found that the highest share of unvaccinated respondents were 30-49 years old (41%), followed by 29% ages 18-29 and 20% ages 50-64, while only 9% of those unvaccinated were 65 and older.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/06/11/here-are-the-biggest-groups-that-are-still-refusing-the-covid-19-vaccine-poll-finds/?sh=50568aa642cc

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

And they've all come to the okanagan this week and brought it with them

Yup, from what i understand the numbers for the "interior region" are climbing as fast as the lower mainland or faster.....

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yup, from what i understand the numbers for the "interior region" are climbing as fast as the lower mainland or faster.....

We're way past the lower mainland now.  I think we're more than coastal and fraser combined.

We've been invaded by Albertans and 75% of the people are behaving like it's all over

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The Office Yes GIF

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yea because we just have or still haven't been able to get our second shot.  Who knew that when the government pushes groups of people back that we would be the more likely to get it.  Was just part of a giant twitter thread of some old fart accusing young people of being selfish and casuing the issues and he got stomped out pretty quick when all of us 20-40s came out and said the government was turning us away from our second shot because it wasn't "time" or we just got it and still in the 2 week incubation period.  

Old fart apparently deleted his original tweet bashing the young people now.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Yea because we just have or still haven't been able to get our second shot.  Who knew that when the government pushes groups of people back that we would be the more likely to get it.  Was just part of a giant twitter thread of some old fart accusing young people of being selfish and casuing the issues and he got stomped out pretty quick when all of us 20-40s came out and said the government was turning us away from our second shot because it wasn't "time" or we just got it and still in the 2 week incubation period.  

Old fart apparently deleted his original tweet bashing the young people now.

pretty sure that old fart was Horgan.

Is the problem 2nd doses, or young people that haven't got their 1st dose?