The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Not really. I'm not the one getting upset about others exercising their right to what they do with their own body

Mischaracterization, most don't ultimately care what you do with your body. They just want your unvaccinated body kept the hell away from theirs, and their friends and loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Whorvat said:

When someone has to say they will be open minded about something :lol:

The answer certainly isn't mass-vaccination with the least studied 'vaccine' in our existence. This is the largest clinical trial of human history.

We live in a society where the government says to jump, and 75% ask how high? Since when does the government, who is deeply, deeply rooted in big pharma, have our individual best interests in mind?

I'd hope people would read up on history, as its headed to repeat itself

You were given a very clear very simple chance to discuss your view on how to fix it without vaccine and instead resorted to this.

Well done.

• Vintage 1

The answer certainly isn't mass-vaccination with the least studied 'vaccine' in our existence. This is the largest clinical trial of human history.

We live in a society where the government says to jump, and 75% ask how high? Since when does the government, who is deeply, deeply rooted in big pharma, have our individual best interests in mind?

crickets GIF

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I can assure you my blood work and blood pressure is fine :) not that I don’t know why three posters have mentioned medication and supporting big pharma.

Well thankfully no member on CDC is in charge of public health measures… Strip one right for another? Favour one person over the other? What is this a two tier society… 

In eyes of human rights we are equal. 

Why is your blood pressure such a statement of success for you?  This is maybe the third or fourth time you've repeated this in 2 pages so...good for you?

As for your 2 rights one wrong theory.

I own guns, but I cannot bring them in to a business if I want to.  Why?  

Why don't you look it up and tell me why and then tell me which of my rights is somehow being infringed upon thus creating some sort of two tier society.  As a gun owner I have rights, why aren't THEY being defended?  Seems like a two tier society here or something

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, -DLC- said:

The Offspring have booted out their drummer, Pete Parada, for refusing the vaccine.

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not surprised.  When you're in the middle of a pandemic and have a lead singer/band leader who is a PhD in molecular biology and a lead guitarist who is entering the high-risk age range for the virus (or perhaps already is considered high-risk, depending on the variant), you can't always base band decisions on musical ability/talent.

Good on Dexter and Noodles for laying down the law in the band.  I wonder what they're going to do about their upcoming tour dates though... drag their session drummer on stage?  :lol:

edit - just read that he refused the vaccine for medical reasons, and explained exactly what his issue is.  Perhaps things aren't as clear cut as they seem.

To clarify, the drummer of Offspring has a medical condition in which his doctor decided for him he was unsuitable for vaccination at this time due to it, Guilliane Barre syndrome or something.  Both band and Parada have clarified that due to the extensive travel schedule and inability to ensure Parada would be safe on a tour that it was in his and the bands best interest that he not join them but is NOT kicked out of the band but instead just not on the tour as they plan to be back in studio this winter. 

"Since I'm unable to comply with what is increasingly becoming an industry mandate — it has recently been decided that I'm unsafe to be around, in the studio, and on tour."

Parada told fans he has "no negative feelings" toward his bandmates, saying, "They're doing what they believe is best for them, while I am doing the same."

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

So it is less likely.

Confirmed.

Thanks

I think some of the people in this thread are for some reason assuming that we think the vaccine is a 100% full-proof cure, and if it isn't, then it's not worth pursuing :lol:

It's all about managing risk, people. Risk. Reducing likelihood, not eliminating it, which is practically impossible. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They pass it the same in that they do interacting with people doing all the same activities unvaccinated people do. It's less likely but it still obviously happens, which is what I meant. 

29 minutes ago, gurn said:

So it is less likely.

Confirmed.

Thanks

In fact, according to this study,  vaccinated people are  3 times less likely to test positive for covid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/large-uk-study-suggests-fully-vaccinated-people-are-less-likely-to-spread-covid/ar-AAMW7xq?ocid=uxbndlbing

And this report, https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/227713/coronavirus-infections-three-times-lower-double/

quotes England's  Vaccine Deployment minister as saying:

"Vaccine Deployment Minister Nadhim Zahawi said: “Today’s results show the positive impact of the vaccination programme with those who are double jabbed three times less likely than unvaccinated people to get the virus and less likely to pass on this awful disease to those around them."

So double vaccine people are 3 times less likely to test positive, and then  less likely to spread covid.

Edited by gurn

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

In fact, according to this study,  vaccinated people are  3 times less likely to test positive for covid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/large-uk-study-suggests-fully-vaccinated-people-are-less-likely-to-spread-covid/ar-AAMW7xq?ocid=uxbndlbing

And this report, quotes England's  Vaccine Deployment minister as saying:

"Vaccine Deployment Minister Nadhim Zahawi said: “Today’s results show the positive impact of the vaccination programme with those who are double jabbed three times less likely than unvaccinated people to get the virus and less likely to pass on this awful disease to those around them."

So double vaccine people are 3 times less likely to test positive, and then 3 time less likely to spread covid.

yes, well, for the record the assertion that it was foolproof was never made despite some advocates, particularly the one above your post, around here suggesting it was which of course is dishonest at a minimum and possibly deliberate too. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Not really. I'm not the one getting upset about others exercising their right to what they do with their own body unlike half the peanut gallery in this thread here. 

You're free to smoke cigarettes.  You're not free to smoke them in an indoor restaurant due to the negative impact on the health of others.  Same idea.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yes, well, for the record the assertion that it was foolproof was never made despite some advocates, particularly the one above your post, around here suggesting it was which of course is dishonest at a minimum and possibly deliberate too. 

We have a large number of these people posting simply to re-enforce each others feelings. Cannot even converse with such people on this topic. Everyone has their lines drawn already.

No point replying further in this thread. Carry on everyone, I wish you and your families all the best of health in the future. I will do what is best for my family and I, and you do the same.

Edited by Whorvat
  • RoughGame 1

Strange world.

Some people look at that pool with  a shark in it and say, we are going swimming in that tank, after all there is only one shark and there are 100 of us so, I'll be just fine.

So 2 people are outright killed by the shark, and between 8-10 more people come out of the pool missing an arm, leg or something more important.

Sound nutty to me, but hey people have rights.

However when some of those 100 people, minus the two dead swimmers, and 8-10 injured people want to drag that shark pool everywhere they go, and try to push everyone else into the pool, I draw my line in the concrete.

Screw you, I'm not going swimming, keep that damn pool in your own backyard.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

We have a large number of these people posting simply to re-enforce each others feelings. Cannot even converse with such people on this topic. Everyone has their lines drawn already.

No point replying further in this thread. Carry on everyone, I wish you and your families all the best of health in the future. I will do what is best for my family and I, and you do the same.

So instead of formulating a response as to how you'd fix it.  You simply generalize everyone, claim you cannot converse with them and leave?

k

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Correction: You'll do what you think is best for your family. I don't believe that you actually know what is best....

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So instead of formulating a response as to how you'd fix it.  You simply generalize everyone, claim you cannot converse with them and leave?

k

There's probably about 10+ people who replied to my posts prior to, why would I formulate responses and waste theirs and my time, if their minds are already made up?

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Correction: You'll do what you think is best for your family. I don't believe that you actually know what is best....

Prime example of why there is no point replying to people like yourself. The sheer arrogance, and that's even tougher to do via text. I wish you and yours the best of health. I really don't care what you believe.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

k

Yep.  no response because they don't have any.  I personally don't need any forum sites to reaffirm my beliefs on this topic.  I use my own common sense and listen to Science and the experts in the field.  So Whorvat, please don't speak for me.  You are dead wrong

On 8/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, stawns said:

So here's your chance.  I'll be open minded.........how do you propose getting out of them managing this pandemic/virus?

This was the ask.

This was your response.

3 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

There's probably about 10+ people who replied to my posts prior to, why would I formulate responses and waste theirs and my time, if their minds are already made up?

Prime example of why there is no point replying to people like yourself. The sheer arrogance, and that's even tougher to do via text. I wish you and yours the best of health. I really don't care what you believe.

This was your secondary responser after I was incredulous at your refusal to answer then to simply give the most political self serving tripe I've seen in a while and pointed it out.

I simply asked you if you had a rebuttal, then you responded as such.  But have the temerity to claim I am arrogant for simply asking you to answer someone's question after YOU respond like this?

It's like...reading a breathing Dunning Kruger graph...how arrogant of myself to ask you to follow up to such a simple request instead of answering the way you have without a shred of irony or hypocrisy at all.

Edited by Warhippy

8 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

So is your agenda here to try and change my mind?  To convince me that covid is just like the common flu?  That listening to some random idiot on twitter is better than listening to experts and scientists in the field?

Edited by coho8888
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This was the ask.

This was your response.

This was your secondary responser after I was incredulous at your refusal to answer then to simply give the most political self serving tripe I've seen in a while and pointed it out.

I simply asked you if you had a rebuttal, then you responded as such.  But have the temerity to claim I am arrogant for simply asking you to answer someone's question after YOU respond like this?

It's like...reading a breathing Dunning Kruger graph...how arrogant of myself to ask you to follow up to such a simple request instead of answering the way you have without a shred of irony or hypocrisy at all.

Re-read who I quoted and called arrogant.

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

So is your agenda here to try and change my mind?  That covid is just like the common flu?  That listening to the experts and scientists in the field is actually a good thing as opposed to some random idiot on twitter?  Good luck with that one.

No agenda, I can also see there's no room for discussion, as if you take a differing view you're immediately attacked.

Not something I am willing to discuss further in this thread, for my account not being banned sake.

Wish you and your family the best of health.

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Re-read who I quoted and called arrogant.

No agenda, I can also see there's no room for discussion, as if you take a differing view you're immediately attacked.

Not something I am willing to discuss further in this thread, for my account not being banned sake.

Wish you and your family the best of health.

You were politely asked to come up with solutions other than with vaccines.  People that come in here and start criticizing other's views without backing things up will get this response from others.