The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

My comment was directed at how you concluded that....that the blood work indicated it, which isn't how it's measured.

And rights only extend so far in this world.  Your rights AND my rights have to be considered and you have the right to not vaccinate against a highly contagious virus but you don't have the right to spread it to others (like me and my family).

You have a right to smoke....you just can't spread your second hand smoke to me.

You have a right to get hammered...you just can't drive drunk in the wrong lane head on at me.

You have a right to eat peanut butter....just not in a classroom where a child has a severe nut allergy.

You have a right to wear horrible cologne...just not in a highly sensitive critical care unit.

Etc.

So rights only extend so far and they do have limitations and boundaries.  Go outside your home into public and others' rights also come into play.

In the US, the right to bear arms doesn't mean you can go shoot at things wherever you want.  If  you're endangering others, your rights will likely be challenged.

Please don’t jump the gun and think because I  support some elements of the anti vaccine cause that I haven’t received at least one dose because I have. 

Anyway we will see how the governments will handle this… 

Edited by drummer4now
Triple post please delete ;) using mobile.
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

There's probably about 10+ people who replied to my posts prior to, why would I formulate responses and waste theirs and my time, if their minds are already made up?

Prime example of why there is no point replying to people like yourself. The sheer arrogance, and that's even tougher to do via text. I wish you and yours the best of health. I really don't care what you believe.

You've got it backwards. "Sheer arrogance" is thinking you know better than medical professionals.

• Vintage 1

@Whorvat

See, the question was really simple, asked by a few in this thread.

Essentially, how do we get through a Pandemic with nasty mutating virus without vaccination?

Humans have never achieved herd immunity without a vaccination. 

And follow up questions..

Or would you like to wait longer for better vaccinations, as you mentioned that you thought the ones we have now have been rushed/not trialled enough? 

If so, doesn't that mean more lock downs/ circuit breakers?

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

You were politely asked to come up with solutions other than with vaccines.  People that come in here and start criticizing other's views without backing things up will get this response from others.  

I don't know what the ultimate solution, but I don't think its mass-vaccination, as I have already stated. 

I do know multiple people personally who have had adverse reactions/side effects to said vaccine. Including one who can no longer walk. They were a rock climber prior to. These reactions/side effects occurring in the very first year, how anyone can think they know what lasting effects this will actually have.

I am not against vaccination, I am against vaccination without thorough studies on the lasting effects and potential repercussions from being the largest clinical trial in human history.

If wanting to see this play out before potentially ****ing myself with a vaccine makes me a leper to society, so be it. The pharmaceutical companies have no repercussions or liability in any shape/form, THINK about that.

Happy we have so many willing and able test subjects though.

I wish you and yours the best of health.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

@Whorvat

Essentially, how do we get through a Pandemic with nasty mutating virus without vaccination?

Or would you like to wait longer for better vaccinations, as you mentioned that you thought the ones we have now have been rushed/not trialled enough? 

We could always just let our hospitals overflow like Italy.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

I don't know what the ultimate solution, but I don't think its mass-vaccination, as I have already stated. 

I do know multiple people personally who have had adverse reactions/side effects to said vaccine. Including one who can no longer walk. They were a rock climber prior to. These reactions/side effects occurring in the very first year, how anyone can think they know what lasting effects this will actually have.

I am not against vaccination, I am against vaccination without thorough studies on the lasting effects and potential repercussions from being the largest clinical trial in human history.

If wanting to see this play out before potentially ****ing myself with a vaccine makes me a leper to society, so be it. The pharmaceutical companies have no repercussions or liability in any shape/form, THINK about that.

You're a test subject either way according to your own logic, just as part of the control group.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

@Whorvat

Considering hospitalizations are almost all people not getting the vaccine, is this now (sort of) a pandemic of the non vaccinated?  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

You're a test subject either way according to your own logic, just as part of the control group.

Touche on that front heffy. I would prefer to stay on this side until further notice though

9 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

This are several posts where you close with wishing others the best of health but your choice to not get vaccinated is a contradiction to that.  Not being vaccinated means you are a higher risk disease spreader, and host to mutation.  Really, you should read the literature, because it’s overwhelmingly clear these vaccines are very safe, and extremely effective.  

Talk to your family doctor.  I’m sure she/he will recommend you get vaccinated.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

This is several posts where you close with wishing others the best of health but your choice to not get vaccinated is a contradiction to that.  Not being vaccinated means you are a higher risk disease spreader, and host to mutation.  Really, you should read the literature, because it’s overwhelmingly clear these vaccines are very safe, and extremely effective.  

Talk to your family doctor.  I’m sure she/he will recommend you get vaccinated.  

My family doctor refuses to say one side or the other. Because they then can be held liable for adverse effects. My friend who can no longer walk, their appointment for the vaccine was scheduled by their work. 

We will see how this all plays out, but I don't see many employers wanting to be on the hook for liabilities related to mandating a vaccination

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

My family doctor refuses to say one side or the other. Because they then can be held liable for adverse effects. My friend who can no longer walk, their appointment for the vaccine was scheduled by their work. 

We will see how this all plays out, but I don't see many employers wanting to be on the hook for liabilities related to mandating a vaccination

Have a look at this link:

https://www.paho.org/en/topics/immunization/debunking-immunization-myths

I don't know about you, but I'd rather believe info from the source above then random twitter posts.

• Cheers 1

Just now, coho8888 said:

Have a look at this link:

https://www.paho.org/en/topics/immunization/debunking-immunization-myths

I don't know about you, but I'd rather believe info from the source above then random twitter posts.

I don't know about you, but I will believe my GP and people I know personally who have these adverse effects ruining their life right now.

Wish you and your family the best of health.

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

It’s highly likely we follow a big city like New York and implement vaccine passports.  Those who choose to not get vaccinated will have a very restricted access to society.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

I don't know about you, but I will believe my GP and people I know personally who have these adverse effects ruining their life right now.

Wish you and your family the best of health.

Exactly how many people do you personally know who have life altering side effects from these vaccines?  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly how many people do you personally know who have life altering side effects from these vaccines?  

2 with life altering, 1  less serious

You and your family may be fine with that risk, my family and I having already contracted COVID, and all being 100% healthy, are not.

40 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Does your friend live in BC? I would have thought that something like that would be all over the news, but I wasn't able to find anything....

Also, I find your GP's attitude a bit odd. :unsure: I happen to know several doctors and none of them have any issue whatsoever with advising people to get vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

2 with life altering, 1  less serious

You and your family may be fine with that risk, my family and I having already contracted COVID, and all being 100% healthy, are not.

How big is your sample population?  How likely is it that your sample size is statistically relevant?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How big is your sample population?  How likely is it that your sample size is statistically relevant?

I love the move the goal posts mentality.

How likely is it I care what the rest of the stats say, if I have these examples in my own life? 

I am done in this thread. For real this time. Hope everyone's families the best of health now and in the future.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Considering hospitalizations are almost all people not getting the vaccine, is this now (sort of) a pandemic of the non vaccinated?  

Yes…342 new cases in B.C. Today with half of them(171)in interior most of which are non vaccinated