The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, full FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine is coming soon.  They applied in May and 6 months will be in November.  I've seen reports that it may happen by Labour Day.  More than enough time to review the data.

https://time.com/6087556/fda-pfizer-vaccine-approval/

FDA Accelerates Full Approval of Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine as Delta Variant Surges

I wonder what the new excuse will be once this happens.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

So are you saying you are on the front lines and not vaccinated? if thats true, thats really creepy. 

You want the right to infect people. You are the one forcing something on others. 

No what's creepy is your mindset.  Stay home if you're worried.  

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I've worked the front lines since the beginning of this pandemic.  Funny how people depended on people like myself while you got to sit in the safety of your home.

Now I'm told by people like you that I cant be in public unless I get a shot. Nah.  How about you stay home and let the healthy people who take care of themselves and have strong immune systems live with their choices.

Telling people to take the shot or they cant work and support their family IS forcing people to take this shot. Letting government force you to do something to your body is about as wrong as it gets.

All current data is that the majority of hospitalizations and deaths are from unvaccinated people.  

Also, your "choice" doesn't just affect you.  I would love for refusers to then be on the hook for any Covid related healthcare costs going forward.  Both you and anyone your potentially infect.  There are plenty of stories that can be posted of people who made your choice, got Covid, and regretted their choice.  

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"it was rushed"

"can't trust big Pharma"

"government over reach"

the usual song book. 

"I have friends that are in Healthcare that say vaccines cause more harm"

• Vintage 1

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

I'm not worried. You seem to be. And you seem to be OK with risking passing on covid based on some flawed idea of your immune system.

What part of the front line are you on?

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

All current data is that the majority of hospitalizations and deaths are from unvaccinated people.  

Also, your "choice" doesn't just affect you.  I would love for refusers like yourself to then be on the hook for any Covid related healthcare costs going forward.  Both you and anyone your potentially infect.  There are plenty of stories that can be posted of people who made your choice, got Covid, and regretted their choice.  

Fear mongering.

There are far more people who got the virus and their natural immune system took care of them as designed.

Example: the entire Vancouver Canucks got this virus this year and were playing professional hockey within 3 weeks.

Use your head here.  Again, I'm not against the vax, I'm against vax passports and forced vaccination.  

9 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I've worked the front lines since the beginning of this pandemic.  Funny how people depended on people like myself while you got to sit in the safety of your home.

Now I'm told by people like you that I cant be in public unless I get a shot. Nah.  How about you stay home and let the healthy people who take care of themselves and have strong immune systems live with their choices.

Telling people to take the shot or they cant work and support their family IS forcing people to take this shot. Letting government force you to do something to your body is about as wrong as it gets.

I want to make clear that I'm NOT anti-vax.  But the choice should be personal, as with any choice one has with their own bodies.

Being healthy and taking care of yourself is taking the vaccine though.

1 minute ago, EOTM said:

"I have friends that are in Healthcare that say vaccines cause more harm"

yup, but even simple math comparing the case fatality rate for Covid and giving every single possible death associated to the vaccines put the vaccine death rate orders of magnitude safer than the virus.  It isn't even close.

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Are you going to take responsibility if you get COVID, pass it to someone who is immunocompromised and then they die from it? Because you would be directly responsible for that death by infecting them and choosing not to be vaccinated. Or how about you end up in hospital and then have permanent damage and you are unable to work due to constant fatigue. Will you then demand the government is responsible to assist you due to your inability to work? Again, that would be due to your choice to not get vaccinated.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not worried. You seem to be. And you seem to be OK with risking passing on covid based on some flawed idea of your immune system.

What part of the front line are you on?

My guess is first window at the Drive-Thru......

• Haha 1

Just now, DJSkingz said:

Are you going to take responsibility if you get COVID, pass it to someone who is immunocompromised and then they die from it? Because you would be directly responsible for that death by infecting them and choosing not to be vaccinated. Or how about you end up in hospital and then have permanent damage and you are unable to work due to constant fatigue. Will you then demand the government is responsible to assist you due to your inability to work? Again, that would be due to your choice to not get vaccinated.

This is a lot of what ifs.

What about all the people who are vaccinated that are getting covid and being hospitalized?  

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My guess is first window at the Drive-Thru......

yeah I don't imagine I'm going to get an answer on that one.

Its fascinating to see the mentality at play here though isn't it? just proves how much we need a passport system. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

What about all the people who are vaccinated that are getting covid and being hospitalized?  

And what are those numbers? Quite a bit lower than the unvaccinated hospital rates I bet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

In BC current data has that number of fully vaccinated at about 5% and those cases were ELDERLY.  Single dose cases were running at about 18% and median age was 62.  The remainder were UNVACCINATED.  The two groups are not the same.  NOT EVEN CLOSE.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I don't imagine I'm going to get an answer on that one.

Its fascinating to see the mentality at play here though isn't it? just proves how much we need a passport system. 

My guess as well.....

the same thing happened when I called that other guy out on his claim of the vaccine crippling his friend. I asked if the friend lives in BC,because I just can't imagine someone having that kind of a reaction and there was zero news about it.

I did a google search and the only thing I could find that was similar, was a case in Tennessee....

Same thing with this guy. I just cannot imagine any Health Authority allowing one of it's employees to be unvaccinated and still work with sick people....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Vintage 1