The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Logitek said:

Sure. The COVID vaccines are considered leaky vaccines.

According to a new study published today in the scientific journal PLOS Biology, some types of vaccines could allow more virulent versions of a virus to survive, putting those who are unvaccinated at greater risk of severe illness.”

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/leaky-vaccines-can-produce-stronger-versions-of-viruses-072715

alternatively, read it from the inventor of the mRNA vaccine technology homsef

in his article:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/aug/5/biden-teams-misguided-and-deadly-covid-19-vaccine-/

Everybody is turning this into being anti-vaccine which is far from the truth. I’m only bringing up a valid concern and support for that concern. That does not make me anti-vaccine. I have most of mine and even got a tetanus booster the other month voluntarily. 

And I doubt anyone would dispute that vaccines aren't the be all end all.  I'd say you've provided good sources and maybe been coloured with the anti vax brush a little unfairly.  That said, this virus has shown to be very proficient at mutating before the vaccines, so I'm not sure it's entirely accurate either

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

This again.  The Delta appeared BEFORE mass-vaccination was a thing.  FACT.  You are comparing pineapples to apples.  Two totally different things.  

Really? I thought a pineapple was the same fruit but just like a different breed or whatever. They taste the same to me.

But I don't exactly have a PhD in fruit sciences.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Logitek said:

~1.4 million cases in Canada 
~26K deaths

Of the deaths, more than 15K were in care homes meaning roughly 11K are outside of care homes. That 11K includes those with high risk factors. 

Including all deaths were talking 1.8% and taking out care homes were looking at 0.7%. 

By all means protect those in care homes but don’t push the vaccine on the rest of the population. If the elderly are vaccinated they should have minor cases. You are very likely not at risk. 

Count from 1 to 26 000, it's actually a pretty big number.

I'll wait here till you're done :)

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

We live in a democracy, which means the will of the majority will be imposed.

The vocal minority will have to deal with the restrictions put in place weather it be vax passes or not being allowed in a CFL game etc..

You have never lived in freedom. We live in a society that has to look out for the greater good for all. 

Private sector has the right to make their own decision but most likely it will come down to what the government says.. 

As of right there now are no plans for such an arrangement. At least in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. 

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

If people refuse the vaccine, it should be treated as waiving your charter right to healthcare, permanently.

Except the vaccine is voluntary so this would never work…

I don’t understand why people can’t grasp the idea of it being voluntary… 

That means theoretically there is no consequences or guilt for not getting one. I.e it is optional. 

Thankfully most of the people in charge know this and know about the ethics surrounding limiting peoples freedoms… 

Edited by drummer4now

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

This is why many governments around NA (and elsewhere) have completely abandoned the position of trying to convince the remaining anti-vax people to get their vaccines 'for others' and have done a 180° turnaround in strategy and are appealing to these peoples ingrained selfishness by offering draws, lotteries,  trips, scholarships,  etc....in an effort to get the remaining a$$holes to get with the program.  

Not sure how I feel about government using taxpayer money to offer lottery winnings to get people to vaccinate but it's happening already so....

yeah thats a tough one, I hate the idea of rewarding these people but its a matter of hospital costs. Its just cheaper to make some dummy rich. 

16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Thankfully most people aren't negligent fools and are doing the right thing without being told the have to, like some entitled brat.

you nailed it, Lucky. It really does come down to entitlement. At your expense. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Private sector has the right to make their own decision but most likely it will come down to what the government says.. 

As they should. One of the perks of capitalism. Right to refuse service, as long as it doesn't discriminate. In this case there is a pretty strong reason to do so, general health. 

I can see some private businesses re-enforcing mask mandates if these numbers continue to rise as their customers maybe only in the business for a short time, such as retail etc..

However, I understand the Vax decision by the CFL as their customers are in the venues for a while sitting close to each other. I could see the gov enforcing that too for nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, entertainment. Would make sense. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

As they should. One of the perks of capitalism. Right to refuse service, as long as it doesn't discriminate. In this case there is a pretty strong reason to do so, general health. 

I can see some private businesses re-enforcing mask mandates if these numbers continue to rise as their customers maybe only in the business for a short time, such as retail etc..

However, I understand the Vax decision by the CFL as their customers are in the venues for a while sitting close to each other. I could see the gov enforcing that too for nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, entertainment. Would make sense. 

Smart business practice to have vaccine passports (and a promise to consumers of employees being vaccinated) because he paying public will prefer those establishments.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Logitek said:

Because the virus survives in the host and fights off the immune response and slowly mutates and the vaccinated chickens are able to still spread the virus, although they don’t get as sick from it (which demonstrates the vaccine “works”) but unvaccinated to get much more sick from it. 

Slowly it mutates as it spreads and fights off vaccinated immune response and infects other individuals. 

The strains effectively

evolve in strength the more they survive the immune response and get passed on so if it survives one person and passes on it’s now a bit stronger in fighting the immune response created from the vaccine and if it survives in the second infected party, it’s now even better at fighting that immune response as it evolves and mutates to handle it better. 

Eventually the immune response doesn’t have an impact and it gets stronger ie. new variant, and the vaccine needs modified to fight against the more virulent strain and onwards the cycle continues leading to continual boosters required to correct the issue the vaccine creates in the first place. 

Although vaccines are able to inhibit the development of tumors, disease causing MDV can still infect vaccinated chickens resulting in evolution of strains capable of overcoming vaccine immunity. 

https://portal.nifa.usda.gov/web/crisprojectpages/0221494-generation-and-analysis-of-a-recombinant-mareks-disease-virus-with-mutation-in-the-meq-and-ribonucleotide-reductase-genes-for-potential-use-as-vaccine.html

The information is out there for all those willing to look. The creator of mRNA technology said this would likely happen as well with the COVID vaccines because they are considered “leaky” vaccines. 

Look, I get you're not a nut but these studies really don't mean what you think they mean. If you are really interested in why please just go to UBC or SFU or your closest Kwantlen campus and talk to some qualified professionals about this. Nothing I say is going to convince you, it's great to be skeptical but you are misunderstanding these studies at the basic level, the language they use, what they say and what they are trying to prove at the basic level as well.

You have a misunderstanding of ADE and what it means for vaccination efforts, for example. It doesn't have anything to do with the disease mutating to be stronger through vaccination.

Edited by Kurgom

House lawmaker suing Pelosi over mask rule says he has COVID

Thu, August 5, 2021, 11:39 AM

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Rep. Ralph Norman, one of the three congressional Republicans suing Speaker Nancy Pelosi over fines for not wearing masks during a vote on the U.S. House floor, has contracted a breakthrough case of COVID-19, the second member of South Carolina's delegation to do so.

Norman, who has said he has been fully vaccinated since February, tweeted that he began experiencing minor symptoms of COVID-19 on Thursday, tested positive for the virus that day and would quarantine for 10 days.

Representing South Carolina's 5th District since 2017, Norman is part of a federal lawsuit against Pelosi over a mandate earlier this year that members wear masks while on the House floor.

Last week, Norman and U.S. Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Thomas Massie of Kentucky sued Pelosi, seeking a determination that their $500 fines — issued because they went maskless during a May vote — are unconstitutional and should be rescinded.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

This is the hits the heart of this argument for me.

Does one care enough for their fellow citizens to get the jab/vaccine ?

We have had some problems with the rollout however my first jab is booked and I will get it in a couple of weeks and the follow up jab 3 weeks later.

You will soon be:

All kidding aside, been over a month since my second Pfizer jab.  

dcb8fac9dd1e4b6a1ae3ae43da0d3bfff53d3cdcc83395cb8fb4df770e302287.jpg

• Cheers 1