The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

Anybody have a link to a site detailing  the total hospitalizations, and people that went to icu; since this began in B.C. I've only got daily totals for those numbers.

Thanks   :)

If you don’t have it already give this link a try, you can configure your dashboard here. It shows 8,176 hospitalized to date but I only see a daily count for ICU.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

If you don’t have it already give this link a try, you can configure your dashboard here. It shows 8,176 hospitalized to date but I only see a daily count for ICU.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data

So a case fatality rate of 1.17% here in BC and a hospitalization rate of 5.4%.  Then, there is the fact that a significant percentage of survivors experience long-covid.  

Nope, the vaccines are more dangerous and a bigger problem.  /s

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, EOTM said:

You think it's funny that the idea of taking a preventative is taking care of yourself? Do you also wait until you are completely dehydrated before you drink water?

You son of a bitch! 

Glad to see you back. 

:towel:

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

Thankfully most people aren't negligent fools and are doing the right thing without being told the have to, like some entitled brat.

Oh what a life. I'm going tp live it up! 

Maybe someday soon? Can't take flight.  

Melbourne locked down again.  5KM limit from home. No guests, no bike rides (no dealers) , only one per house at the local supermart. Within 5km...

This week will mark our 200th day with such lockdowns.

Get vaccinated people!  Want this to end.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Logitek said:

Vaccines will lead to ADE and continual mutation of strains.

In an NIH meeting this morning, it was the first time that ADE was brought up and discussed openly as a concern along with discussions on mutations due to the vaccines. Now that it’s being discussed in the scientific community as a valid possibility that is happening, it’s a matter of time before it hits the news cycle. The caveat being that on the call, there was no definitive conclusion yet but we’re starting to evaluate it now and collect data. 

Lack of Vaccinations lead straight to high level transmission.

And death. 

Is that preferred? Or is there an alternative... 

Mutations, see the Delta variant, Brazilian which grabbed all the Nucks? All surfaced before mass vaccinations.  It happens anyway. Booster shots as variants surface & vaccines become less effective to new strains also inevitible.  

It's not nice to say, but at some point humanity will have to face the fact that we can't have our life expectancy climbing towards 80.  

19 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's not nice to say, but at some point humanity will have to face the fact that we can't have our life expectancy climbing towards 80.  

That's a little out of......

Fly Out New York Yankees GIF by Jomboy Media

32 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I might be a fan off locking u up before you infect my 82 year old mum...  :ph34r:

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I remember on that Dinosaurs(muppet) show from the 90s that when they turned 70, they’d get thrown off a cliff into a tar pit. 

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, stawns said:

My arvument to them is if you don't want to step up and be a part of protecting your community, then you shouldn't be able to enjoy the benefits of that community.  You are willfulky choosing to turn your back on us and there's consequences to that

It doesn't go over well with them

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Out of curiousity; why can't we?

2 minutes ago, EOTM said:

Out of curiousity; why can't we?

I feel like there will be more and more diseases that develop the more people that we have living on this planet. 

There has been an explosion in population and a big shift to live closer together in big urban centres.  

Our food production is more and more streamlined.  

Those are my thoughts on it. 

12 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I might be a fan off locking u up before you infect my 82 year old mum...  :ph34r:

I got my two vaccines and I hope that your 82 year old mum stays alive and well. 

12 hours ago, stawns said:

That's a little out of......

Fly Out New York Yankees GIF by Jomboy Media

I know it is, just with the Delta variant there is sure to be an Echo variant and then another and another and talks of indefinite restrictions just seems illogical. 

Pretty much everyone that has wanted to get vaccinated has had a chance. 

At some point we have to go back to living our normal lives.  

29 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I know it is, just with the Delta variant there is sure to be an Echo variant and then another and another and talks of indefinite restrictions just seems illogical. 

Pretty much everyone that has wanted to get vaccinated has had a chance. 

At some point we have to go back to living our normal lives.  

I’m thinking lives will be pretty normal for those who choose vaccination.  For the antivaxxers there will be many restrictions, like with vaccine passports to access much of society.