The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, EOTM said:

Honestly if they just sell the vaccine and say it's a party drug then I'm sure Kelowna will get to 100%.

but yeah when 4 percent of the population makes up 50% of the cases...

Vaccine in powder form...  there you go!  You're onto something ;) 

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I know it is, just with the Delta variant there is sure to be an Echo variant and then another and another and talks of indefinite restrictions just seems illogical. 

Pretty much everyone that has wanted to get vaccinated has had a chance. 

At some point we have to go back to living our normal lives.  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking lives will be pretty normal for those who choose vaccination.  For the antivaxxers there will be many restrictions, like with vaccine passports to access much of society.  

I have doubts Alf. Already Lamdba on the horizon said to be partially resistant to some things in the vaccines. I imagine more variants come, restrictions come back in place, & more vaccines shots/boosters are pushed later on... Until we feel the virus's aren't dangerous enough anymore, I guess. The unvaccinated community is (understandably) an easy place to point, but if these variants coming are resistant to vaccines & the vaccinated can still spread then I don't see think the finish line is quite as clear as we might hope.

Hopefully I'm wrong. 

25 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious with the vaccine passport, do you have to renew your passport after 4-6 months after the 2nd shot vaccine effectiveness weakens, because you're then required to have a 3rd shot to travel.... 

My bet would be that it works with your bc service card.

15 minutes ago, EOTM said:

My bet would be that it works with your bc service card.

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Definitely would be the smarter approach to take if this is the route they want to go.

41 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious with the vaccine passport, do you have to renew your passport after 4-6 months after the 2nd shot vaccine effectiveness weakens, because you're then required to have a 3rd shot to travel.... 

My best bet is let us not jump to conclusions when there is no such thing  ;)

There is issues of how vaccine passports will be accepted internationally as there is no national or international standard… 

As a person who had the vaccine I don’t want this to come as people have become too gullible letting the government strip away their freedoms. 

I just annoyed some courier lady at the post office delivering mail because I wasn’t wearing a mask with some others as well. She had the nerve to ask the post office lady what the mask policy is only to be told there is no mask mandate in BC… 

Edited by drummer4now

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Definitely would be the smarter approach to take if this is the route they want to go.

Yeah and the app is actually not bad, considering it's made by the bc govt.

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

There is issues of how vaccine passports will be accepted internationally as there is no national or international standard… 

As a person who had the vaccine I don’t want this to come as people have become too gullible letting the government strip away their freedoms. 

I just annoyed some courier lady at the post office delivering mail because I wasn’t wearing a mask with some others as well. She had the nerve to ask the post office lady what the mask policy is only to be told there is no mask mandate in BC… 

A passport doesn't strip away freedoms any more than a no shirt no shoes no service policy.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I can not stress enough how often I went back and forth with Forsberg and Strome about their hypocritical hate on for BC when every single summer the mass exodus of vehicles from Alberta to the Okanagan and island grew exponentially.

We can not find parking on any beach in Penticton right now because of the red plates getting up and parking at 8 am.  Boat launches have hours long waits for the same reason.

The province of the "trudeau is the main reason for all our issues, BC is the second" crowd seems to love to visit BC.  The anti mask, anti vaxx "our freedumb" alberta crowd sure do seem to enjoy it here as well.  There is a clear and concise reason why the Okanagan is exploding right now and the hotel/air bnb data will indicate exactly where it's coming from

I don't know if maybe my memory is faulty, but I seem to recall Strome visits the Okanagan himself  in the summers....

It was one of those things that I used to ask about: "If we're so bad, why are Albertans so keen on spending their time off here?"

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

I just annoyed some courier lady at the post office delivering mail because I wasn’t wearing a mask with some others as well. She had the nerve to ask the post office lady what mask policy is only to be told there is no mask mandate in BC… 

Have you not seen what Quebec is doing? 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Whats the logic?

BC is on fire and really smokey... lets head over there for some camping and Covid spreading?

Well unfortunately let's think like Alberta.....

I have $25,000 to spend in 2 weeks and I can't leave the country. I don't like Vancouver because it's a real city....I ain't going East......

BC interior it is. 

It is also gutless to put restrictions in place after the long weekend.

It doesn't take a dr to figure out the long weekend is party central.

Edited by Chris12345

7 minutes ago, EOTM said:

A passport doesn't strip away freedoms any more than a no shirt no shoes no service policy.

When a passport forces you to have something injected into your body to travel, yes technically it does then strip away your freedom. A shirt or shoe isn't something you put into your body, you could always sit at home and order your food instead with no shirt or shoes on.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

There's a passport? I am not up to date?

• Cheers 1