Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Logitek said:

Yes let’s make humorous dismissive comments about something that provides a real world example on something that occurs which is widely speculated to be an issue with the current vaccines rather than using our cognitive abilities to look into it further and realize that there are definitely valid things to be concerned about. 
 

Dismissing valid concerns. That’ll convinced people to get their vaccines.

 

You don't have concerns, you have fears. And thats OK. But you're stretching for ridiculous arguments to avoid one simple fact: if you are unvaccinated you are at a higher risk of harm, and you're putting others in harms way too. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/republican-official-dies-covid-five-105125382.html

 

Hope he didn't take any people with him (infect others).  

Quote

Responding to the death, the Galveston County Republican Party said it was a “tragedy”

They've got that right....

 

....it's "tragic" that people are actually this stupid....<_<

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They've got that right....

 

....it's "tragic" that people are actually this stupid....<_<

Inbreeding.;)

 

Seriously though, we've all done dumb things in our lives.  Difference is, it's unlikely we took others down our path as well.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Inbreeding.;)

Well, if they continue down this path of ignorance, there will be a lot of outbreeding as well....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-vaccine-passport-1.6130699

 

Hopefully we get this implemented in BC as well.

yup its the only fair approach. If people are too scared/lazy/brainwashed/whatever to get vaccinated they have no right to infect others.

 

There are a small % of folks who legitimately can't take the vaccine, and thats unfortunate, but until the numbers go down again and we have covid vaccines as part of our regular annual flu shots thats how it needs to be.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup its the only fair approach. If people are too scared/lazy/brainwashed/whatever to get vaccinated they have no right to infect others.

 

There are a small % of folks who legitimately can't take the vaccine, and thats unfortunate, but until the numbers go down again and we have covid vaccines as part of our regular annual flu shots thats how it needs to be.

How about they get FDA approval before they force this on people.

 

Seems the only brainwashed ones are the ones who think its completely normal to force people to get injections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

How about they get FDA approval before they force this on people.

 

Seems the only brainwashed ones are the ones who think its completely normal to force people to get injections.

they are approved for use. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/covid19-industry/drugs-vaccines-treatments/authorization/list-drugs.html

 

No one's forcing anything on you. Don't take it. Just don't expect to be able to go into the same public space until the pandemic is over as vaccinated people. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup its the only fair approach. If people are too scared/lazy/brainwashed/whatever to get vaccinated they have no right to infect others.

 

There are a small % of folks who legitimately can't take the vaccine, and thats unfortunate, but until the numbers go down again and we have covid vaccines as part of our regular annual flu shots thats how it needs to be.

Those legitimate reasons would be medical in nature.  Like something a doctor could fill out a form of some kind.  Like a medical exemption you can say.  Then those people can get regular covid tests and wear masks like the refusers, except maybe the legit ones shouldn't have to pay.  The anti-vaxxers, pay, pay, pay.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Those legitimate reasons would be medical in nature.  Like something a doctor could fill out a form of some kind.  Like a medical exemption you can say.  Then those people can get regular covid tests and wear masks like the refusers, except maybe the legit ones shouldn't have to pay.  The anti-vaxxers, pay, pay, pay.

exactly. 

 

The issue with the "vaccine hesitant" or out right anti-vaxxers is their reasoning isn't based in their own medical issues. Its fear, or politics, or any number of things not related to a real medical condition. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

How about they get FDA approval before they force this on people.

 

Seems the only brainwashed ones are the ones who think its completely normal to force people to get injections.

Well, full FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine is coming soon.  They applied in May and 6 months will be in November.  I've seen reports that it may happen by Labour Day.  More than enough time to review the data.

 

https://time.com/6087556/fda-pfizer-vaccine-approval/

FDA Accelerates Full Approval of Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine as Delta Variant Surges

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they are approved for use. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/covid19-industry/drugs-vaccines-treatments/authorization/list-drugs.html

 

No one's forcing anything on you. Don't take it. Just don't expect to be able to go into the same public space until the pandemic is over as vaccinated people. 

I've worked the front lines since the beginning of this pandemic.  Funny how people depended on people like myself while you got to sit in the safety of your home.

 

Now I'm told by people like you that I cant be in public unless I get a shot. Nah.  How about you stay home and let the healthy people who take care of themselves and have strong immune systems live with their choices.

 

Telling people to take the shot or they cant work and support their family IS forcing people to take this shot. Letting government force you to do something to your body is about as wrong as it gets.

 

 

I want to make clear that I'm NOT anti-vax.  But the choice should be personal, as with any choice one has with their own bodies.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, full FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine is coming soon.  They applied in May and 6 months will be in November.  I've seen reports that it may happen by Labour Day.  More than enough time to review the data.

 

https://time.com/6087556/fda-pfizer-vaccine-approval/

FDA Accelerates Full Approval of Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine as Delta Variant Surges

 

it doesn't matter tho, the anti-vexers will say it was rushed. 

 

Its also a much broader application process, they are looking at things like wider age ranges and the full range of reported side effects, not whether or not its safe to take. 

 

The approval part isn't in any kind of doubt. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I've worked the front lines since the beginning of this pandemic.  Funny how people depended on people like myself while you got to sit in the safety of your home.

 

Now I'm told by people like you that I cant be in public unless I get a shot. Nah.  How about you stay home and let the healthy people who take care of themselves and have strong immune systems live with their choices.

 

Telling people to take the shot or they cant work and support their family IS forcing people to take this shot. Letting government force you to do something to your body is about as wrong as it gets.

So are you saying you are on the front lines and not vaccinated? if thats true, thats really creepy. 

 

You want the right to infect people. You are the one forcing something on others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, full FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine is coming soon.  They applied in May and 6 months will be in November.  I've seen reports that it may happen by Labour Day.  More than enough time to review the data.

 

https://time.com/6087556/fda-pfizer-vaccine-approval/

FDA Accelerates Full Approval of Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine as Delta Variant Surges

 

I wonder what the new excuse will be once this happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EOTM said:

I wonder what the new excuse will be once this happens.

"it was rushed"

 

"can't trust big Pharma"

 

"government over reach"

 

the usual song book. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

So are you saying you are on the front lines and not vaccinated? if thats true, thats really creepy. 

 

You want the right to infect people. You are the one forcing something on others. 

No what's creepy is your mindset.  Stay home if you're worried.  

  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I've worked the front lines since the beginning of this pandemic.  Funny how people depended on people like myself while you got to sit in the safety of your home.

 

Now I'm told by people like you that I cant be in public unless I get a shot. Nah.  How about you stay home and let the healthy people who take care of themselves and have strong immune systems live with their choices.

 

Telling people to take the shot or they cant work and support their family IS forcing people to take this shot. Letting government force you to do something to your body is about as wrong as it gets.

All current data is that the majority of hospitalizations and deaths are from unvaccinated people.  

Also, your "choice" doesn't just affect you.  I would love for refusers to then be on the hook for any Covid related healthcare costs going forward.  Both you and anyone your potentially infect.  There are plenty of stories that can be posted of people who made your choice, got Covid, and regretted their choice.  

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...