The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

4,305,838 dead of covid

?   dead of the vaccine.

This convo is getting bizarre.

If someone contracts COVID, they lose their say in it all at that point.  Which way things go is very much a crapshoot and there's no turning back.  The Delta variant is proving to be nasty .  I'd rather get a vaccine that protects against that kind of risk than a very rare occurrence of a reaction to the vaccine.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Ok since Deb wants me to address this so be it then. 

Well what should we do? Is there a vaccine for it yet? How long is the vaccine going to take a few months? I guess the question will be will people take a vaccine to protect them from water? Or is anything even being done?

What about driving a car? Theirs a risk of dying does it stop people from driving or getting into a vehicle no. Smoking is another risk yet people do it, even though they know their slowly killing themselves but they take the risk anyways still. 

We do wear a government mandated seat belt though.

Also the government puts out millions of dollars a year to help people quite and have taken away that industries ability to advertise.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

If someone contracts COVID, they lose their say in it all at that point.  Which way things go is very much a crapshoot and there's no turning back.  The Delta variant is proving to be nasty .  I'd rather get a vaccine that protects against that kind of risk than a very rare occurrence of a reaction to the vaccine.

They're usually the ones in ICU wondering if they can be vaccinated, or saying they made a mistake in not being vaccinated.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

Exactly.  And often, taking that bed from someone else who really needs it when it could have possibly been preventable.

And this is the reason why some provinces will not allow people to visit from outside their province unless vaccinated.  I can certainly see a Maritime bubble where vaccine passports are required to enter.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

Exactly.  And often, taking that bed from someone else who really needs it when it could have possibly been preventable.

I read a suggestion on another platform that said there should be tents set up outside of hospitals to treat unvaccinated people who get Covid. Rather than having doctors, it would be staffed by Google  and YouTube experts.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And this is the reason why some provinces will not allow people to visit from outside their province unless vaccinated.  I can certainly see a Maritime bubble where vaccine passports are required to enter.  

It's scary (and kind of infuriating) seeing all the Alberta plates here this week....I honestly feel that we're pushing to rush things when all it does is set us back.

I also don't know why we're opening up the border to US visitors when they aren't yet opening that side to us.  Seems like it should be done in unison?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I read a suggestion on another platform that said there should be tents set up outside of hospitals to treat unvaccinated people who get Covid. Rather than having doctors, it would be staffed by Google  and YouTube experts.

Remember that woman spouting off in a video from her kitchen?  She's your new nurse!

• Haha 2

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/08/dick-farrell-anti-vaccine-radio-host-dies-covid.html

Anti-Vax Radio Host Urges Friends to Get Vaccinated Before Dying of COVID

AUG 07, 20214:05 PM

A right-wing radio host from Florida who publicly criticized vaccines told his friends to get vaccinated shortly before he died of COVID-19, according to NBC affiliate WPTV. Dick Farrell, who was also an anchor on Newsmax, frequently railed against vaccines on Facebook. “Why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2u all along about masks, where the virus came from and the death toll?” Farrel wrote on Facebook on July 3. In another post, Farrell raised doubts about the effectiveness of vaccines because he claimed two people he knew who had been vaccinated were later hospitalized with the coronavirus.

Farrell, a fan of former President Donald Trump, frequently criticized Dr. Anthony Fauci, characterizing him in a Facebook post as “a power tripping lying freak.” Some of his posts were flagged by Facebook for spreading false information. But Farrell’s friends said he changed his mind about vaccines after he was hospitalized with the coronavirus. “COVID took one of my best friends! RIP Dick Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot. He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, “I wish I had gotten it!” Amy Leigh Hair wrote on her Facebook page.

Mick Mcabe wrote on Facebook that Farrell died on August 4 after battling COVID-19 for three weeks. He was 65.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

4,305,838 dead of covid

?   dead of the vaccine.

This convo is getting bizarre.

Well to answer your question…

1 person died of the astra vaccine in Ontario from the blood clots and a women became crippled in the USA. 

That is all I am aware… 

But seriously how does one even know if someone died from the vaccine or not? Aside from dying from the known side effect of blood clots with astra: how would the coroner know/not if someone died from say a heart attack or something due to the vaccine? 

Anyway second dose on Tuesday… 

And that is the final dose no third or fourth shot because big pharma and the gov and suck it.. 

Edited by drummer4now
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

1 person died of the astra vaccine in Ontario from the blood clots and a women became crippled in the USA. 

That is all I am aware… 

But seriously how does one even know if someone died from the vaccine or not? Aside from dying from the known side effect of blood clots with astra: how would the coroner know if someone died from say a heart attack or something due to the vaccine? 

And that is the final dose no third or fourth shot because big pharma and the gov and suck it.. 

Glad to hear you’ll be getting your second. You are entitled to your point of view like everyone else but good on you for doing your part.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

That is all I am aware… 

But seriously how does one even know if someone died from the vaccine or not? Aside from dying from the known side effect of blood clots with astra: how would the coroner know/not if someone died from say a heart attack or something due to the vaccine? 

Might need an annual booster.  I wonder if the flu shot could include a Covid booster?  

18 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

That is all I am aware… 

Well, the first two are free. I paid for my Shringrix (sp), because I want to prevent myself or at least have less a risk of getting shingles. I did have a mild case of shingles, and luckily my GP got me on the right track. I've had polio, smallpox, and pneumonia as well, all under doctors and pharmacists recommendations.

Edited by johngould21

1 hour ago, A.A.A said:

Heya, not sure if this helps but my units (over 450 combined staff) are at least 90% vaxxed, there are some individuals who want the vaccine but can't get it because they've had severe allergic or anaphylactic reactions in the past to vaccines, some who are booked to get the shot in the next couple weeks, and some who are anti-vax or have reservations.

Every critical care doctor I've talked to has gotten the shot.

I think what convinced the hesitant staff to get the vaccines is seeing young and relatively healthy people end up in critical care. In the first, second and third waves my hospital had any where from 60-80% of the province's hospitalized covid cases, we know how bad it can get.

And now in this fourth wave, we are only seeing the unvaccinated population ending up in the hospital with covid.

I think at the end of the day, you have to decide what would you rather get - a vaccine or covid?

Thank you for your service. I too know an ICU nurse when they were making decisions on who to intubate, and who they couldn't help. As Dr Henry said, it's the unvaccinated 20-40 year olds that are now the highest positive cases in the Province.

• Cheers 2

Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine expected to receive full FDA approval by Labor Day, report says

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (WDAF) – Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine may soon be the first to be fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

The New York Times reports that because of the delta variant and the number of surging COVID-19 cases, the FDA accelerated the timeline to fully approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine. According to the New York Times, the agency wants to grant full approval by Labor Day.

Millions of people have received Pfizer’s version of the vaccine since the FDA granted the company emergency use authorization (EUA) late last year. Moderna’s and Johnson and Johnson’s vaccines also have emergency authorization.

Under the EUA, the FDA allowed the use of the coronavirus vaccines even though they weren’t fully approved because COVID-19 was considered a life-threatening emergency and there was no other alternative treatment available.

Since granting the EUAs, the FDA has spent months evaluating the vaccines and data from different studies and the vaccine companies. The administration takes all of those findings into account before granting full approval to a drug.

So, why is full approval important for something millions of people have already received?

Until full approval is granted, all three of the coronavirus vaccines currently offered in the U.S. are technically considered experimental treatments. Hospitals, universities, and other businesses have said they don’t feel comfortable requiring employees to get vaccinated until the FDA gives its approval. Once that happens, the vaccine will no longer be considered experimental. They also hope it will prevent legal ramifications that could surface with requiring workers to take an experimental vaccine.

Health experts have also said many unvaccinated people use the vaccines experimental status as a reason they don’t want to get the shot. Once it is fully approved, experts hope it will convince vaccine-hesitant people that the vaccines are safe to get.

“I think that is a game-changing moment. It’ll be fully authorized. I think you’ll see a lot of businesses and other places say we’re going to require vaccination. I think that’s going to start happening sooner and sooner. And I think that’s probably in many ways, if we’re going to protect ourselves as a society against COVID-19, it’s going to be the right thing to do,” Dr. Steve Stites, chief medical officer at the University of Kansas Health System, said Wednesday during an update with the hospital.

“There are very few other drugs, if any, that have (been given to people) … a billion times and studied across the world.. I think there has been a lot of focus on these medications, and lots of reports that this side effect or that side effect that people had to go evaluate. And because it’s so many people, we’ve been able to run down all those side effects. So I’m very confident that especially these messenger RNA drugs are going to be very safe,” Stites said.

Moderna filed for full FDA approval on June 1. The FDA said it needed the company to submit additional information before it would be considered for full approval.

https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronavirus/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-expected-to-receive-full-fda-approval-by-labor-day/

But I'm the one who is crazy for thinking this has been experimental, yeah whatever you people say.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

36 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine expected to receive full FDA approval by Labor Day, report says

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (WDAF) – Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine may soon be the first to be fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

The New York Times reports that because of the delta variant and the number of surging COVID-19 cases, the FDA accelerated the timeline to fully approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine. According to the New York Times, the agency wants to grant full approval by Labor Day.

Millions of people have received Pfizer’s version of the vaccine since the FDA granted the company emergency use authorization (EUA) late last year. Moderna’s and Johnson and Johnson’s vaccines also have emergency authorization.

Under the EUA, the FDA allowed the use of the coronavirus vaccines even though they weren’t fully approved because COVID-19 was considered a life-threatening emergency and there was no other alternative treatment available.

Since granting the EUAs, the FDA has spent months evaluating the vaccines and data from different studies and the vaccine companies. The administration takes all of those findings into account before granting full approval to a drug.

So, why is full approval important for something millions of people have already received?

Until full approval is granted, all three of the coronavirus vaccines currently offered in the U.S. are technically considered experimental treatments. Hospitals, universities, and other businesses have said they don’t feel comfortable requiring employees to get vaccinated until the FDA gives its approval. Once that happens, the vaccine will no longer be considered experimental. They also hope it will prevent legal ramifications that could surface with requiring workers to take an experimental vaccine.

Health experts have also said many unvaccinated people use the vaccines experimental status as a reason they don’t want to get the shot. Once it is fully approved, experts hope it will convince vaccine-hesitant people that the vaccines are safe to get.

“I think that is a game-changing moment. It’ll be fully authorized. I think you’ll see a lot of businesses and other places say we’re going to require vaccination. I think that’s going to start happening sooner and sooner. And I think that’s probably in many ways, if we’re going to protect ourselves as a society against COVID-19, it’s going to be the right thing to do,” Dr. Steve Stites, chief medical officer at the University of Kansas Health System, said Wednesday during an update with the hospital.

“There are very few other drugs, if any, that have (been given to people) … a billion times and studied across the world.. I think there has been a lot of focus on these medications, and lots of reports that this side effect or that side effect that people had to go evaluate. And because it’s so many people, we’ve been able to run down all those side effects. So I’m very confident that especially these messenger RNA drugs are going to be very safe,” Stites said.

Moderna filed for full FDA approval on June 1. The FDA said it needed the company to submit additional information before it would be considered for full approval.

https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronavirus/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-expected-to-receive-full-fda-approval-by-labor-day/

But I'm the one who is crazy for thinking this has been experimental, yeah whatever you people say.

Not crazy at all. Just either misinformed or you have made up your own definition of what an experiment is.