The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, EOTM said:

Not crazy at all. Just either misinformed or you have made up your own definition of what an experiment is.

Misinformed when it says this.... hmm okay...

Until full approval is granted, all three of the coronavirus vaccines currently offered in the U.S. are technically considered experimental treatments.

30 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

No, we canceled last week, their numbers are like ours, and a quarter of the population. Flight canceled, condo canceled, car canceled. They are keeping our deposit, as we have booked for October, 2022. You??

Terrible sorry to hear! Probably a good choice.

Targeting Dec 2021. Little concern on the US numbers as I like quiet so if I walk to the beach and chill there....ok.

Having said that it is not looking good.

Technically Chuck wins on a technicality.  Technically. 

So, in less than a month your "Experimental" argument dies.  Never mind the fact that Pfizer Phase 3 participants received their first jabs last year.  Never mind the fact that millions of people who received their first jabs in December of last year have been fully vaccinated for going on 6 months.  Tell us when thus dangerous long-term side effects are supposed to show themselves.  The data says otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Chris12345 said:

Terrible sorry to hear! Probably a good choice.

Targeting Dec 2021. Little concern on the US numbers as I like quiet so if I walk to the beach and chill there....ok.

Having said that it is not looking good.

Will travellers to Hawaii require vaccine passports?  Might not be as bad there if their government only lets those in who are vaccinated.  

40 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Misinformed when it says this.... hmm okay...

Until full approval is granted, all three of the coronavirus vaccines currently offered in the U.S. are technically considered experimental treatments.

That'd a news report not a scientific study right? That's a fox news out of Kansas editorial right?

Honestly you seem like a nice person and you seem intelligent so why the willful ignorance?

Edited by EOTM
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine expected to receive full FDA approval by Labor Day, report says

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (WDAF) – Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine may soon be the first to be fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

The New York Times reports that because of the delta variant and the number of surging COVID-19 cases, the FDA accelerated the timeline to fully approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine. According to the New York Times, the agency wants to grant full approval by Labor Day.

Millions of people have received Pfizer’s version of the vaccine since the FDA granted the company emergency use authorization (EUA) late last year. Moderna’s and Johnson and Johnson’s vaccines also have emergency authorization.

Under the EUA, the FDA allowed the use of the coronavirus vaccines even though they weren’t fully approved because COVID-19 was considered a life-threatening emergency and there was no other alternative treatment available.

Since granting the EUAs, the FDA has spent months evaluating the vaccines and data from different studies and the vaccine companies. The administration takes all of those findings into account before granting full approval to a drug.

So, why is full approval important for something millions of people have already received?

Until full approval is granted, all three of the coronavirus vaccines currently offered in the U.S. are technically considered experimental treatments. Hospitals, universities, and other businesses have said they don’t feel comfortable requiring employees to get vaccinated until the FDA gives its approval. Once that happens, the vaccine will no longer be considered experimental. They also hope it will prevent legal ramifications that could surface with requiring workers to take an experimental vaccine.

Health experts have also said many unvaccinated people use the vaccines experimental status as a reason they don’t want to get the shot. Once it is fully approved, experts hope it will convince vaccine-hesitant people that the vaccines are safe to get.

“I think that is a game-changing moment. It’ll be fully authorized. I think you’ll see a lot of businesses and other places say we’re going to require vaccination. I think that’s going to start happening sooner and sooner. And I think that’s probably in many ways, if we’re going to protect ourselves as a society against COVID-19, it’s going to be the right thing to do,” Dr. Steve Stites, chief medical officer at the University of Kansas Health System, said Wednesday during an update with the hospital.

“There are very few other drugs, if any, that have (been given to people) … a billion times and studied across the world.. I think there has been a lot of focus on these medications, and lots of reports that this side effect or that side effect that people had to go evaluate. And because it’s so many people, we’ve been able to run down all those side effects. So I’m very confident that especially these messenger RNA drugs are going to be very safe,” Stites said.

Moderna filed for full FDA approval on June 1. The FDA said it needed the company to submit additional information before it would be considered for full approval.

https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronavirus/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-expected-to-receive-full-fda-approval-by-labor-day/

But I'm the one who is crazy for thinking this has been experimental, yeah whatever you people say.

Not crazy, just ignorant

My friend, who isn't anti vax, but didn't think covid was a big deal tested positive 4 days ago, has been sleeping non stop with a 38-40 degree fever just went to the hospital in an ambulance.

My convo with her this afternoon was a classic "why didn't I take the vaccine?  I did t think it was really a big deal and I'm so scared right now".  Two hours later she was on her way to the hospital after she started having trouble breathing.

Stupid, stupid, stupid

• Sad 4
  • Huggy Bear 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

My friend, who isn't anti vax, but didn't think covid was a big deal tested positive 4 days ago, has been sleeping non stop with a 38-40 degree fever just went to the hospital in an ambulance.

My convo with her this afternoon was a classic "why didn't I take the vaccine?  I did t think it was really a big deal and I'm so scared right now".  Two hours later she was on her way to the hospital after she started having trouble breathing.

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Sorry to hear this.  I hope your friend gets well.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Edit : shes 35, in Kelowna and very healthy

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

So anyone going to Hawaii this fall or no?

Booked for a medical conference in Nov. Not booking the flights just in case.  Maybe get another jab before going. Not unethical anymore. Doses being tossed to the garbage daily. It's not like they are going to export them either. 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Booked for a medical conference in Nov. Not booking the flights just in case.  Maybe get another jab before going. Not unethical anymore. Doses being tossed to the garbage daily. It's not like they are going to export them either. 

Thank God my Tech Conference for my CPA  Association is still virtual.  While I miss the really nice lunches and swag, I would rather not be with a lot of people indoors right now.