The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Looking forward to antivaxxers boycotting companies that require vaccines.

I’m thinking companies will rather be boycotted by 10-15% of their customers than 80-85%.  

Vaccine passports!  I’m getting mine laminated.  

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vaccine passports!  Here we go!  Too bad antivaxxers.  ‘No fun for you’.  

I think it's a briefing to inform the populace that the September relaxation of restrictions is still on track. 

or it could be that the virus has mutated again......  xaz15txx56fecfee01829645262951.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking companies will rather be boycotted by 10-15% of their customers than 80-85%.  

Vaccine passports!  I’m getting mine laminated.  

Especially given the people boycotting will already not be allowed in.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

No fun, no food, no travel, 9 months in and we're still having this conversation.

i have 2 daughters.  i have simple rules about conduct and manners.  specific things that have to be done before we have fun.  like brushing their teeth, clearing the table; drying and putting away dishes.  if they work together we have a blast.  when they act like 9 and 12 year olds though and pass it off on someone else then blame everyone but themselves for us not going out or doing anything we have no fun.

think of the anti vax, my freedom, no  masks government are commies crowd as a petulant 9 or 12 year old who just refuses to brush their teeth to get something going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 1

15 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

No fun, no food, no travel, 9 months in and we're still having this conversation.

Yup.  It’s now a pandemic of the antivaxxers.  Completely open society to the vaccinated by implementing vaccine passports.  

Get ‘er done dr. Bonnie

• Hydration 2
  • RoughGame 2

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vaccine passports!  Here we go!  Too bad antivaxxers.  ‘No fun for you’.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  It’s now a pandemic of the antivaxxers.  Completely open society to the vaccinated by implementing vaccine passports.  

Get ‘er done dr. Bonnie

In your Alf dreams... 

I predict BC will follow suite with Alberta and Ontario and say no all together or hold off.. 

Vaccine passports for international travel YES Vaccine passports for domestic NO... 

Business are already desperate for customers and workers I don't see them doing this if they're cash striped. 

For example, I received like 5 emails from a gym I signed up for 10 years ago practically begging me to come back. 

Businesses are struggling. 

Edited by drummer4now

44 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Looking forward to antivaxxers boycotting companies that require vaccines.

Boycotting places that won't let you in will be kind of funny.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

In your Alf dreams... 

I predict BC will follow suite with Alberta and Ontario and say no all together or hold off.. 

Vaccine passports for international travel YES Vaccine passports for domestic NO... 

Business are already desperate for customers and workers I don't see them doing this if they're cash striped. 

For example, I received like 5 emails from a gym I signed up for 10 years ago practically begging me to come back. 

So the ability to make the majority of their customers more comfortable with coming in wouldn't help them?

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So the ability to make the majority of their customers more comfortable with coming in wouldn't help them?

People are already shopping visiting venues etc.. without a mask and proof of vaccine.. 

So I don't understand how a sudden change in policy will help.

IMO should of been implemented early; allittle too late. 

All this does is split society up in the have and have nots and we don't want a two tier society...

8 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

In your Alf dreams... 

People and workers want to feel safe.  Vaccine passports won't affect businesses at all.  In fact it will be the exact opposite.  Personally I have lessened my trips to restaurants because of unvaccinated patrons.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

People and workers want to feel safe.  Vaccine passports won't affect businesses at all.  In fact it will be the exact opposite.  Personally I have lessened my trips to restaurants because of unvaccinated patrons.  

Went out for a meal with my girlfriend last weekend and was treated to Albertans standing way too close to me in the lineup.  I'm not in a hurry to repeat the experience.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

People are already shopping visiting venues etc.. without a mask and proof of vaccine.. 

So I don't understand how a sudden change in policy will help.

IMO should of been implemented early; allittle too late. 

All this does is split society up in the have and have nots and we don't want a two tier society...

We already have a two tier society because there is a percentage of people who don't care about everyone else. 

Any restriction put in place for those people have nothing to do with creating a system of haves and have nots but rather proof positive that every choice good or bad has consequences good or bad to them. 

People don't just get to make a decision and then cry about everything that comes along with those decisions. Well that's not true; people absolutely can do that but the choice is made and the die is cast for those choices. Anybody who thinks that there won't be restrictions on the people who willfully choose not to be vaccinated is fooling themselves.

Businesses want to go back to normal. Businesses want their corporate lives back and business will drive these restrictions because they would rather appeal to the 80 to 90 percent of their potential customers/

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Edit,

increased restrictions applicable to Interior Health

Looks like just the Central Okanogan district.

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, Health Minister Adrian Dix and Interior Health interim chief medical health officer Dr. Sue Pollock declared an outbreak for the Central Okanagan.

This includes Kelowna, West Kelowna, Westbank First Nation, Peachland, Lake Country and local electoral areas.

Edited by EOTM

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

Wow sounded like there was a real S%$t show happening there.  

Honestly if they just sell the vaccine and say it's a party drug then I'm sure Kelowna will get to 100%.

but yeah when 4 percent of the population makes up 50% of the cases...

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3