The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I didn't even know it was fox tbh I agree I'm not a fan of Fox, my mother sent it to me because she wants me to get vaccinated I'm going to get mad her actually because she knows better and even hates fox, but anyways regarding it being approved by the FDA are you acknowledging that part is true or ignoring it because it was a news report by fox?

That is legit truth though the vaccine has never been actually approved, it was only emergency approved for panic use, here read the definition. 

What is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?

An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is a mechanism to facilitate the availability and use of medical countermeasures, including vaccines, during public health emergencies, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives. Taking into consideration input from the FDA, manufacturers decide whether and when to submit an EUA request to FDA.

I still don't understand how something that's not actually approved is not considered experimental, obviously the person over at Fox sees it like that, I see it like that, I question why is hard for others to see it like that tbh.

The paragraph directly under what you quotes is why it isn't considered experimental.

Once submitted, FDA will evaluate an EUA request and determine whether the relevant statutory criteria are met, taking into account the totality of the scientific evidence about the vaccine that is available to FDA.

it still has to meet the criteria based on scientific evidence. EUA is simply just another fast track however it still has to meet the same criteria just like it still had to go through the actual experimental (clinical)phases just like every other vaccine. 

Edited by EOTM
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Funny you know exactly where I got that from, yes one paragraph taken out of the report, nothing altered or changed, copied right from it.

She might have known because I posted this earlier.

8 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

When the Pfizer vaccine gets full FDA approval soon (by Labour Day by some accounts) and the Moderna vaccine gets full approval later this year, will Chuck then stop calling them "experimental" or will Chuck come up with some other excuse?   Just asking.

Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

At work I used to have a reasonably long list of things to do. Start from the top and grind my way down.

Every so often my Chief Officer would say 'Hey Mike, we need to get this done in the next few hours." I'd bump that task up to the top of my list.

I wouldn't rush or cut any corners, I'd just bump up the priority. So I'd do what he wanted, and get to the rest of the stuff after doing the priority task.

Simple.

Critically needed vaccine? Sounds like a priority task, to me.

• Cheers 1

A huge wait at the Peace Arch today with people heading North as the border opens up to US visitors.

Too soon for me.  And maybe we should follow their lead?

It's not yet clear when the U.S. will reopen to Canadian tourists. Last month, the U.S. extended travel restrictions on non-essential travel from Canada and Mexico through Aug. 21 amid growing COVID-19 cases across the country. U.S. borders were first closed in March 2020 and restrictions have been extended monthly since then.

Last week, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said: "Any decisions about resuming travel will be guided by our public health and medical experts. ... I wouldn’t look at it through a reciprocal intention.”

Contributing: Bailey Schulz, USA TODAY; Associated Press

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/08/09/canada-travel-border-open-what-to-know/5532382001/

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

Not surprising to see that the usual suspects (Cruz, Abbott, Desantis) are trying to distract from their own bumbling regarding Covid, by blaming the rising infection rate of illegal immigrants and blaming the Biden Administration for it.

When it was mentioned to Desantis that Florida does not share a border with Mexico, he resorted to pure fantasy, claiming that Biden is taking said illegals and "seeding" them throughout the US. That bastion of BS, Rand Paul, also took up the ridiculous claim, one can only assume in an effort to deflect any and all blame for the viral resurgence against science denying morons like himself and onto every Republican's favorite scapegoat: Mexicans....<_<

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I can’t help but wonder if it occurs to anti-vaxxers that leaders of the most powerful armed forces on earth have deemed that every one of its members must be vaccinated. That would seem awfully foolhardy if the vaccine was risky. True anti-vaccers may never be convinced but for the vaccine hesitant how much more proof do you need?

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, -DLC- said:

"Covid is fast becoming a virus of the unvaccinated" (just stated on the news as they're showing a story about a 15 year old who contracted COVID last year who is still experiencing new symptoms...severe bruising all over her body).

I'd say the virus is "experimental" and anyone unvaccinated is potentially a guinea pig.

The Delta variant is creating all kinds of new issues, presenting in kids who are too young to be vaccinated.  Sadly.  

And as of right now, it's back to normal in the school system

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

A huge wait at the Peace Arch today with people heading North as the border opens up to US visitors.

Too soon for me.  And maybe we should follow their lead?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/08/09/canada-travel-border-open-what-to-know/5532382001/

There are no known cases of the lambda variant in Canada but many cropping up in the southern US by CDC reports.

For those out if the loop, the lambda variant is proving to be worse, far far worse than delta.

But yay cross border shopping...

• Sad 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

There are no known cases of the lambda variant in Canada but many cropping up in the southern US by CDC reports.

For those out if the loop, the lambda variant is proving to be worse, far far worse than delta.

But yay cross border shopping...

Oh damn.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Oh damn.

I should rephrase that properly.

There are currently no known CLUSTERS in Canada but a few cases identified.  It is currently deemed as bad or worse than Delta in that very little is known but it is providing incredibly resistant to vaccinated people and showing the same or similar infection rates as the "delta plus" variant causing so many issues.

They say no need to worry but we heard this about delta 6 months ago and...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Oh damn.

From CNN

More than 99.99 % Of fully vaccinated people don’t get symptoms needing hospitalization.  

People need to get vaccinated, because this is now a pandemic of those who refuse to be.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-08-09-21/h_9c6a79bada1c3b54c7d873635394a789

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Interesting.    I also heard a report about a month ago that they have discovered that a higher proportion of school age children were harbouring Covid Antibodies than adults, which debunked the myth that they were less likely to catch it and also reinforced the theory that children are actually amongst the widest group spreading the virus in communities which is what many have suspected for awhile.  Thankfully they have an extemely low probability of developing severe symptoms.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1