The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Alf, you are truly starting to pick my grits. Stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot is only pissing a lot of folks off here. You mentioned the cull.... let it be. Young people and children ARE getting sick. How would you like to lose one of your grandchildren who may have asthma or CF in the 'cull'??? Shrug your shoulders and go "Oh well, he/she was weakly and sick"???? Yeah, I didn't think so...so can you please educate yourself on the FACTS of 'Herd Immunity' and lay off the 'cull' talk. We all heard you the first 5 times, enough already, please.

Sadly some people need attention. 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Heard miscellaneous report today that all sports should assume 2 month shutdown.

Wondering if there's a scenario where they run season into late Aug, early Sept. Take 2 weeks downtime, do a 3 or 4 day camp, maybe play 1 - 3 exhibition and start the season.

Going to be a weird summer, a lot of speculation on how they do this.

That is much more likely than seeing much playoff hockey this year. I think we're done. If we make it to June and the league tries to do a 4 week start to Cup it'll be a joke. See ya in September (hopefully), hockey puck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A reporter asked Trump to rate his administration's response to the Coronavirus on a scale of 1-10......see if you can guess what Trump's response was....:rolleyes:

I am Making American great again so great we haven't seen a time as this. I think we are doing extremely well.  Better yet, the people of America think we are doing really well. Something about China and Mexico and then I think we are doing a phenomenal job thank you very much.  That's it have a good day everyone 

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

way too little, way too late. It is extremely frustrating to know we had an advantage and opportunity at one point to educate,  prepare, implement a shutdown with better control foresight and frankly ability to do so orderly.

I was almost hoping the Government just came out and announced State of Emergency, unlocking access to resources, funds and personnel and keeping people home unless otherwise essential not to. We had that opportunity. The segmented and lack of consistency between provinces and the lax attitude around points of entry and for who is mind boggling. I was a fan of not going through what Italy has and is but we haven't learned.

They were sleeping 

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

way too little, way too late. It is extremely frustrating to know we had an advantage and opportunity at one point to educate,  prepare, implement a shutdown with better control foresight and frankly ability to do so orderly.

I was almost hoping the Government just came out and announced State of Emergency, unlocking access to resources, funds and personnel and keeping people home unless otherwise essential not to. We had that opportunity. The segmented and lack of consistency between provinces and the lax attitude around points of entry and for who is mind boggling. I was a fan of not going through what Italy has and is but we haven't learned.

People from my company have had possible contact with confirmed cases AND contact with our office and yet my employer is refusing to allow people who can, to work remotely. We're expected to still go out every day and continue to come to the office and put any thus far unaffected coworkers, or any public we happen across, at potential risk, 

I'm absolutely baffled and embarrassed by my company's response to this. Honestly don't even know what to do about it.

But hey, at least it's not just the government... :rolleyes:

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Fair question but may be a moot point. I checked the webcams at the four border crossings in the lower mainland and valley on Sunday about 4:30 pm. Virtually zero traffic heading into Canada. Normally, on a Sunday afternoon, the waits are anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours. From that I took that darn few Canadians headed into Washington this weekend, and fewer still Americans were choosing to vacation at a time like this. I think Americans are self regulating when it comes to leaving the US, and Canadians already know if they were to fall ill in the US without travel medical insurance and need hospital care, it could bankrupt them.

I have a friend that is currently in Oregon and is on her way home.  She says that there's more Cdn plates than US plates (other than transport trucks) on the I-5.  Apparently a lot of RVs on the road (Snowbirds).

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

So just an example of what a border closure can do if you do it soon enough (rather than wait until there are 1000s of cases in a country):

covid.jpg.edc4a1c2317de9ffb7f08f5e6befcb9e.jpg

Now just take a WILD guess as to when the borders of Denmark were closed.  Hint:  take a look at the % increase in # of cases on the right hand column.

Here's your answer:  https://euobserver.com/tickers/147735

March 14th

Yeah, exactly nothing as the experts have said.  They closed the border land and air on the 14th.  Number of have gone up.   

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

Okay so, a guy comes back from Vegas and comes to one of our builds the day after getting back. I asked what he’s doing here and why he did not self quarantine and he plays it off as whatever. I left and told him to leave. Am I wrong for doing this and getting upset?

No, you are not. If he hasn't self-quarantined for 2 weeks, he should be showing you a negative test result. Otherwise, GTFO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

Okay so, a guy comes back from Vegas and comes to one of our builds the day after getting back. I asked what he’s doing here and why he did not self quarantine and he plays it off as whatever. I left and told him to leave. Am I wrong for doing this and getting upset?

No.  Good for you for doing what you need to do as a citizen.  It's not like you decked the guy or anything, you just brought it to his attention that what he's doing is the reason places like Italy and Spain are out of control now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1