The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Okay so, a guy comes back from Vegas and comes to one of our builds the day after getting back. I asked what he’s doing here and why he did not self quarantine and he plays it off as whatever. I left and told him to leave. Am I wrong for doing this and getting upset?

Not wrong at all....those are the very folks that will be spreading this virus willy nilly with absolutely no concern for anyone else. MORE people need to be doing this, mentioning the self quarantine and sending these people home if they are in position to do so. At the very least they should have it pointed out to them that they are putting other people at risk.

It's true, we are really seeing the worst of people and the best of people as this virus infection continues to escalate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Alf, you are truly starting to pick my grits. Stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot is only pissing a lot of folks off here. You mentioned the cull.... let it be. Young people and children ARE getting sick. How would you like to lose one of your grandchildren who may have asthma or CF in the 'cull'??? Shrug your shoulders and go "Oh well, he/she was weakly and sick"???? Yeah, I didn't think so...so can you please educate yourself on the FACTS of 'Herd Immunity' and lay off the 'cull' talk. We all heard you the first 5 times, enough already, please.

“About 4% of children were asymptomatic, 51% had mild illness and 39% had moderate illness. About 6% had severe or critical illness, compared to 18.5% of adults. One child, a 14-year-old boy, died.“

https://www.aappublications.org/news/2020/03/16/coronavirus031620

Evidence is conclusive that this virus attacks the older, and weak (already ill) people way more than it does healthy children.  

This is not “stirring the pot”.  This is the most recent data from China.  

We are creating a panic in our society amongst people who are in no way at any risk.  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Okay so, a guy comes back from Vegas and comes to one of our builds the day after getting back. I asked what he’s doing here and why he did not self quarantine and he plays it off as whatever. I left and told him to leave. Am I wrong for doing this and getting upset?

My old supervisor and an adjacent coworker both came back from Florida and Mexico respectively last Monday and on Friday were told to stay home this week.

On friday I was part of a meeting at the end of the day where they video conferenced her in and she was going on about how serious we should take this. Uhhhh yeah says the person who waited a week to self quarantine only after her boss demanded her to (he said he didnt know she left Canada).

The other guy who went to Mexico didn't want to not get paid so he showed up and kept quiet.

These are typical people; sadly. I want to murder them.

Edited by RonMexico
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

People from my company have had possible contact with confirmed cases AND contact with our office and yet my employer is refusing to allow people who can, to work remotely. We're expected to still go out every day and continue to come to the office and put any thus far unaffected coworkers, or any public we happen across, at potential risk, 

I'm absolutely baffled and embarrassed by my company's response to this. Honestly don't even know what to do about it.

But hey, at least it's not just the government... :rolleyes:

atleast your company's response wasn't " don't worry if we have to dramatically reduce, you can use sick days, wellness days, and oh what the hell who wants a layoff ? anyone ? who wants to be that person ? ". I think the meeting went well overall.

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

atleast your company's response wasn't " don't worry if we have to dramatically reduce, you can use sick days, wellness days, and oh what the hell who wants a layoff ? anyone ? who wants to be that person ? ". I think the meeting went well overall.

Oh we've laid people off and reduced hours too.

22 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

NO.

we have a fellow worker , who this past week has been visiting his ailing mother in one of the most busiest hospitals in Vancouver every night and then returning to work in the a.m. to work closely with 150 co workers.

i had to practically draw him out a diagram for him to understand..

there is a weak link in our species that we now protect with laws so that they can live equally with us..  in fact they cripple our spirt, growth, and evolution..

years ago .. we would just bonk them on their heads and eat them by a fire .

• Cheers 1

Ps.  Most of my industry shut down over the weekend to take pre-cautionary measures..

it was not mandated by government..

Governments have reacted to slow with this.

Airtravel should have halted 3-4 weeks ago.

if anything there is a greater good in what we learn here.

Systematic shut downs should take place in the future far ahead of time.. in every country and or how they are affected.

This IS what will eventually wipe out mass populations in the world.

8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Repeating it over and over is trolling for $&!#s and giggles, Alf. We all heard you the first time. You deliberately missed the point. Young people and children ARE dying....even your quoted stats say they are. If it were your precious grandchild being 'culled' would you just say to it's parents, "No big deal, he/she was part of the cull" Try telling the parents of a child with C-19 that it's no big deal...come on, I dare you. I asked you nicely... now, please, stop with the 'cull' and uneducated 'herd immunity talk.
Who gives a &^@# whether it attacks older folk or immunity compromised folk more... the parents of a child with C-19 could give a $&!# at that point.

I KNOW you have a heart hidden inside your furry Alf chest somewhere...please use it....show a little Alf class and empathy...Educate yourself that the folds not as great a risk are able to pass it on to the folks that ARE at risk. Please, Alf, enough already...let's just be prepared and responsible...not stirring the pot for $&!#s and giggles on a hockey message board. Your last post activity is passive/aggressive trolling. Please, just stop.

I don't think he has the marbles to realize that he, with his self proclaimed health issues, is part of the "people with comorbidities" demographic that this virus seems to devastate. 

• Upvote 3