The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

It's not YOU we are worried about.

Of course not. The implication is that as being young, healthy and in physically optimal condition, my body is more equipped to fight off the virus without presenting with the kind of symptoms which can easily infect people. Now valid that I am not an expert so I don't know how easily I can infect others or be infected by others but that's a risk I can live with.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

The implication is that as being young, healthy and in physically optimal condition, my body is more equipped to fight off the virus without presenting with the kind of symptoms which can easily infect people.

what are the symptoms which can easily affect people? are there symptoms that don't easily infect people?

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Now valid that I am not an expert so I don't know how easily

Now you're getting somewhere

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

I don't know how easily I can infect others or be infected by others but that's a risk I can live with.

....oh maybe you're not...your negligence could cause this to get worse. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

what are the symptoms which can easily affect people? are there symptoms that don't easily infect people?

Now you're getting somewhere

....oh maybe you're not...your negligence could cause this to get worse. 

Poster @samurai says you are only particularly infectious if you are symptomatic. That makes sense to me. I will be sure to stay home if I get any symptoms.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toews said:

Of course not. The implication is that as being young, healthy and in physically optimal condition, my body is more equipped to fight off the virus without presenting with the kind of symptoms which can easily infect people. Now valid that I am not an expert so I don't know how easily I can infect others or be infected by others but that's a risk I can live with.

That's the new partisan divide we're discovering in our society during a crisis. All I can say is I hope you don't infect others, because I don't think you're changing your mind. If you can't sacrifice a small period of time (in the grand scheme of things) with reduced entertainment for the greater good of society, I think we're just very different human beings.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

Just to reiterate to everyone here to not use the posts in this forum as an authoritative source on anything related to COVID-19.

Also, try to keep it respectful (I know it's hard at times) and feel free to report anyone you feel is attacking other users, trolling or deliberately spreading misinformation.

You mean this guy ?...

Trump Words GIF by moodman

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Toews said:

Poster @samurai says you are only particularly infectious if you are symptomatic. That makes sense to me. I will be sure to stay home if I get any symptoms.

Thanks man.

I think you are a great poster. Have enjoyed your submissions over the years. It's early with this thing and we need to know more. 

I didn't mean that poster when I said deffer to the experts. 

7 minutes ago, Toews said:

It seems like you're just trolling people on purpose now, but reading your posts makes me think the rest of us on CDC can save lives by keeping you on here posting so that you don't instead go galavanting around showing off your tremendously optimal amazing physique. sexy donald trump GIF by Bubble PunkTrump Words GIF by moodman

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

The difference is that the posters don't have a separate agenda like the "experts" in gov't making the decision. But I'm pretty sure you already know that.

Sure.  Posters who call the pm Trudy.  Clown.  Turdeau etc have no agenda.

Medical experts advising the government who have spent their entire professional lives helping the sick have an ulterior motive.

K

:huh:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

Who the hell is talking about mail?? The issue is infected people who for some wild reason are still welcome into Canada.. see the US #s? See the Canadian #s? Mix in some exponential growth. Keeping those separate will keep the total of both down and you don't need to be a mathematician to know that. 

So.  Close the borders entirely when the virus is already prevalent in every major city and spring break just started sending about a million students free to go home to small towns across the country.

Again

K

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

The kind of symptoms you may or may not have has absolutely no bearing on how contagious you are.

What personal risk are you actually living with if you are hardly presenting with symptoms? Unless, of course, you consider personally infecting you’re grandma, uncle with Asthma or elderly neighbour, to be your personal responsibility. Which does not seem to be the case here, beyond the risk that you are personally willing to make others live with.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Toews said:

As of right now I don't see enough reason to interrupt everything in my life just to lock myself away. That was my point. I understand people's worries but I am otherwise healthy and will take precautions like washing hands. Of course I will react to things as they change, so if it gets way worse then there will be some cause for additional measures like masks. Its absolutely mind-numbing to sit at home without a single sport to watch.   

Right....but you could still carry without having symptoms?

That's why it's dangerous.

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

That's the new partisan divide we're discovering in our society during a crisis. All I can say is I hope you don't infect others, because I don't think you're changing your mind. If you can't sacrifice a small period of time (in the grand scheme of things) with reduced entertainment for the greater good of society, I think we're just very different human beings.

How can you trust everything that you are being told? This situation is unprecedented, there is no handbook that these people are reading out of. The people in charge of making decisions are the likes of Donald Trump and Justin Trudeau, neither of them are epidemiologists. Not to mention these politicians are balancing their own personal interests (ie. getting re-elected) with the general public's health. Why hasn't the US border been shut down? Because it would cost Canada far too much be economically viable. All I am saying is that the general public has the same considerations, not everyone can stay at home. Some people have bills to pay, mortgages etc. They too have to balance self-interest (survival) with the general public's health. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sure.  Posters who call the pm Trudy.  Clown.  Turdeau etc have no agenda.

Medical experts advising the government who have spent their entire professional lives helping the sick have an ulterior motive.

K

There are posters pushing their political agenda on a Canucks forum?? 

K

(btw.. you may want to ignore those people if that truly is the case)

Edited by 'NucK™