The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

But, you said 'widely accepted'.

Why?

Most articles I have read say it is not engineered and as Chicken pointed out it's not a weapon. 

Widely accepted but not totally accepted and can it be proven either way?  I haven't heard anything on that in a while now, but I've mostly heard stuff opposite of what you have.  

Would be nice to know for sure the origin. 

36 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

So a booster is a vaccine modified for the new strain? Or it just boosts the existing you already have.  If different strains keep coming back and you keep getting boosted is there like a tipping point where you can no longer outmuscle the virus? 

If you stop and think about it, there are alot of questions that can come up on this topic regarding the future  

Thanks to science we will very likely live relatively healthy lives into our 80’s.  We have these mRNA vaccines now, and they will be able to better target influenza along with SARS Cov 2.  

13 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Widely accepted but not totally accepted and can it be proven either way?  I haven't heard anything on that in a while now, but I've mostly heard stuff opposite of what you have.  

Would be nice to know for sure the origin. 

What does it really matter now how SARS Cov 2 came into being?  It’s here, and we will live with it.  

• RoughGame 2

15 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

You'll also notice the ? Behind my asking isn't it widely accepted. :)

That's fair i guess, I thought your question implied your opinion. 
You're right we might not ever find out where Covid came from. 

New info all the time...

https://www.wired.com/story/flawed-covid-19-origin-theory-italy/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's fair i guess, I thought your question implied your opinion. 
You're right we might not ever find out where Covid came from. 

New info all the time...

https://www.wired.com/story/flawed-covid-19-origin-theory-italy/

Interesting   my brother in law drives bus. He drove a bus load of Chinese exchange students in November 2019. Got sick after but didn't think much of it till  covid became more public 

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thanks to science we will very likely live relatively healthy lives into our 80’s.  We have these mRNA vaccines now, and they will be able to better target influenza along with SARS Cov 2.  

Does anyone even get the flu anymore? If you don't get tested can you tell the difference? 

I got diagnosed with bronchitis last year and they swabbed me at the same time for covid.

It came back positive so did I have both? I'll probably never know that either.  

6 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Does anyone even get the flu anymore? If you don't get tested can you tell the difference? 

I got diagnosed with bronchitis last year and they swabbed me at the same time for covid.

Maybe the Covid caused the bronchitis?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Heard a rumour from a credible source that they might be dropping tye mask mandate for schools soon.  We're two weeks in and we've got triple the cases in those two weeks than we had all of last year.

I sure hope we keep the mask mandate in place for schools.  That’s got to be the biggest area of spread now, no?  

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Heard a rumour from a credible source that they might be dropping tye mask mandate for schools soon.  We're two weeks in and we've got triple the cases in those two weeks than we had all of last year.

I sure hope not...

• Hydration 1

13 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Im pretty sure i got covid February of 2020 but i didnt qualify for testing yet so i cant be 100% certain, but the way i felt wasnt anything close to any flu I've gotten. I wasnt that close to being hospitalized or anything but there was definitely a difference in the symptoms. It felt like i had a 50 pound weight on my chest for a week and i can only imagine how bad a serious case would be. 

• Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Waltzed right into the weight room like I owned it. I've been going there for so long they didn't bother check my status. 

Once checked, in a business like one where the customer is well know, what's the point of checking more?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Once checked, in a business like one where the customer is well know, what's the point of checking more?  

They didn't at all. I mean, that's fine, they shouldn't, requiring a flu shot to lift weights is the most preposterous thing I've heard of recently, and I've read and seen a lot of stupid $&!# these past weeks and months. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They didn't at all. I mean, that's fine, they shouldn't, requiring a flu shot to lift weights is the most preposterous thing I've heard of recently, and I've read and seen a lot of stupid $&!# these past weeks and months. 

If they know you personally, and that you're vaccinated (against Covid) what is the point of checking?  But if a business that is supposed to be checking for vaccination isn't, then they will be fined, and closed.  And they should be.  We don't want  to go the direction of the dough heads in Alberta.

23 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Vitamin D, C, Zinc, and now quercetine are all being reported to be a big help.  Cant hurt anyway.

you what else has been "reported" to work.?

Invermectin

and fish tank cleaner.

turns out those reports were completely and utterly wrong.

As to can't hurt:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

Vitamin D toxicity, also called hypervitaminosis D, is a rare but potentially serious condition that occurs when you have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your body.

Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by large doses of vitamin D supplements — not by diet or sun exposure. That's because your body regulates the amount of vitamin D produced by sun exposure, and even fortified foods don't contain large amounts of vitamin D.

The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-it-possible-to-have-a-vitamin-c-overdose

Taking more than the upper limit for vitamin C isn’t life-threatening, but you may experience side effects like:

• abdominal pain
  • cramps
  • diarrhea
  • headaches
  • nausea (and possible vomiting)
  • sleeping problems

https://healthhearty.com/zinc-overdose-symptoms

A zinc overdose reduces the levels of the other essential minerals, like copper and iron from our body, and also decreases other enzymes in the body thereby reducing immunity. Hence, an overdose of zinc is harmful. Too much of zinc gives a metallic taste in mouth. The other symptoms are chills and high fever. When all these three symptoms start showing together, visit a doctor, to avoid complications. Other symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, cough, stomach pain, and severe irritation in the throat. Some people may also suffer from yellowing of eyes and skin. Nausea accompanied with dizziness, weakness, and indigestion are the other common symptoms of zinc overdose.

However, if a person has been taking excessive doses of zinc for a long time, it becomes a chronic overdose. This overdose is apparent, as the immune system of the person weakens. Other zinc side effects are anemia, which happens usually in children, and the lowering of HDL, which is the good cholesterol, in the body. If taken for a long time, it leads to the loss of smell, as too much of zinc damages the nerve receptor in the nose.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/quercetin#safety-side-effects

n some instances, taking more than 1,000 mg of quercetin per day may cause mild symptoms like headaches, stomach aches, or tingling sensations (48Trusted Source).

When consumed in food, quercetin is safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.

However, studies on the safety of quercetin supplements for pregnant and breastfeeding women are lacking, so you should avoid taking quercetin if you’re pregnant or nursing (49Trusted Source).

As with any supplement, consult your healthcare provider before taking quercetin, as it can interact with some medications, including antibiotics and blood pressure medications (50Trusted Source).

• Hydration 1