The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

26 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

The difference between people protesting against deep seeded civil Injustice, and not getting a vaccine to protect the others around them and help end a pandemic shouldn't need to be explained to anyone. 

Fair enough.. but I wasn’t questioning BLM right to protest or it’s authenticity.

I was trying to compare and contrast the two protests and state how different are they from one another? Which one has caused more damage like deaths or financial damage? Just purely speaking the people protesting themselves not people who never attended them. 

IMO protests are either about voicing an opinion about injustice, etc.. or disagreeing with the status quo. 

These protesters have same right as BLM but they need to do so in a safe and proper manner as illustrated by 24K. 

Edited by drummer4now

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

Yes but what happened to the right of protest? Or are only BLM protests allowed where they loot and murder people i.e Seattle and other places. 

See this is the problem with trying to appease everyone it allows hypocrisy takes over. 

Now I don’t support protests near hospitals or schools where vulnerable children are allowed and people waiting for ICU, etc, but how are they going to legislate this? 

Right now if you ask me the BLM protests were way more damaging (financially and socially) than these anti vaxx ones, Now i am not taking into account unvaccinated death rates or the financial cost of being unvaccinated; just strictly speaking about the people protesting themselves.

Covid has unleashed a Draconian age.. 

I’ve responded too late, since many of the posters have sufficiently mentioned the responses that I would have brought forth in reply to your post. 

BLM protests and anti-vaxx protests are like comparing apples to orangutans. Not even in the species. 

This is not about appeasement. A pandemic situation isn’t meant to appease the willfully ignorant. On the other side, the protestors of the BLM are not willfully ignorant in the slightest since they are protesting the assault of the African people for hundreds of years, culminating to the most recent and horrific( in a long line and history of horrific) acts. 

There’s no equivalence between the two matters. One is a matter of being born a certain way and having negative consequences brought upon you. The other is choosing to behave a certain way and ignorantly thinking that negative things are being brought upon you. 

Literally apples vs. orangutangs. You’re either smart enough to see that or you’re not. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

The difference between people protesting against deep seeded civil Injustice, and not getting a vaccine to protect the others around them and help end a pandemic shouldn't need to be explained to anyone. 

Apparently the need is apparent.

Astoundingly. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’ve responded too late, since many of the posters have sufficiently mentioned the responses that I would have brought forth in reply to your post. 

BLM protests and anti-vaxx protests are like comparing apples to orangutans. Not even in the species. 

This is not about appeasement. A pandemic situation isn’t meant to appease the willfully ignorant. On the other side, the protestors of the BLM are not willfully ignorant in the slightest since they are protesting the assault of the African people for hundreds of years, culminating to the most recent and horrific( in a long line and history of horrific) acts. 

There’s no equivalence between the two matters. One is a matter of being born a certain way and having negative consequences brought upon you. The other is choosing to behave a certain way and ignorantly thinking that negative things are being brought upon you. 

Literally apples vs. orangutangs. You’re either smart enough to see that or you’re not. 

Read my subsequent posts please for more clarification. 

It may be comparing apples and oranges; but what about the damage? 

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The comparison between apples and orangutans is damaging enough to your own faculties of logic. 

Sorry typo I am using mobile with COVID… 

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The comparison between apples and orangutans is damaging enough to your own faculties of logic. 

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Apparently the need is apparent.

Astoundingly. 

Clever word play.. 

Edited by drummer4now

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

This had me thinking...  do you remember when Jenny McCarthy came out with the slogans that risk of autism increases because of vaccines?  I think that she was the first person of influence that I had heard of to raise those doubts.   

The fact that she was given a platform to talk non-sense and wasn't called out on it immediately is a whole other topic.  Her credentials were usually in the centerfold. 

Sadly I have a friend from High School who has two autistic kids. That's the kind of stuff he believed in.  

Doesn't explain why both my nieces have two kids each, none of whom have autism, and they are all vaxxed the same way. 

Autism is so rough for the parents and kids, It's understandable that you want to point fingers. And you're looking for a scapegoat.

They don't want to admit that it might simply be exposure to pesticides, or chemicals in our water and food supply that might be the issue.

(Especially since he and his wife spent years in Macau, I'm sure the air pollution there could even be environmental factors at play here.)

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly I have a friend from High School who has two autistic kids. That's the kind of stuff he believed in.  

Doesn't explain why both my nieces have two kids each, none of whom have autism, and they are all vaxxed the same way. 

Autism is so rough for the parents and kids, It's understandable it's easy to point fingers. And you're looking for a scapegoat.

They don't want to admit that it might simply be exposure to pesticides, or chemicals in our water and food supply that might be the issue.

(Especially since he and his wife spent years in Macau, I'm sure the air pollution there could even be environmental factors at play here.)

Autism isn’t a choice however. Dying from Covid-19 by ignorantly and willfully being unvaccinated is. 

Apologies for using your post to once again highlight how this virus doesn’t compare to other examples of health issues. 

This virus is a once in a century kind of mass extinction plague that humanity is dealing with that affects literally all races, genders, ages and socio-economic statuses.

Autism isn’t a choice. Being unvaccinated is.

I just wish I could knock some goddamn sense into these unvaccinated idiots. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Autism isn’t a choice however. Dying from Covid-19 by ignorantly and willfully being unvaccinated is. 

Apologies for using your post to once again highlight how this virus doesn’t compare to other examples of health issues. 

This virus is a once in a century kind of mass extinction plague that humanity is dealing with that affects literally all races, genders, ages and socio-economic statuses.

Autism isn’t a choice. Being unvaccinated is.

I just wish I could knock some goddamn sense into these unvaccinated idiots. 

I think you’re overreaching a fair bit on this post.. 

First off like people have mentioned the vaccinated (including myself) can contract and spread it.. so vaccines are a great tool but not end all by all. 

IT hasn’t reached mass extinction level proportions and hopefully never does as more people die in 30 secs from cardiovascular diseases than COVID. 

Yes a minority of this unvaccinated believe in some strange stuff like chips, etc.. but a large percentage are also smart able bodied people whom are very body conscious of what they put into their bodies. 

Edited by drummer4now

7 hours ago, drummer4now said:

First off like people have mentioned the vaccinated (including myself) can contract and spread it.. so vaccines are a great tool but not end all by all. 

IT hasn’t reached mass extinction level proportions and hopefully never does as more people die in 30 secs from cardiovascular diseases than COVID. 

Yes a minority of this unvaccinated believe in some strange stuff like chips, etc.. but a large percentage are also smart able bodied people whom are very body conscious of what they put into their bodies. 

Yet they have no qualms eating at McDonalds. ;)

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, drummer4now said:

People don't spread cardiovascular disease to others though.   So it's more isolated and an individual deal that doesn't trickle down to others.

I'd honestly say it's a majority of whack jobs who like to rah rah rah and be heard that are out there protesting vaccinations.  I'd also challenge the "body conscious" part because it's like many of them:  have tatts, eat McDonalds, take Advil or ? (do they know about all the ingredients in those?...doubtful), etc.

Sure some may "eat" clean but that's only part of it.  What are they using as cleaning products?  

To downplay this because some are scared of "the unknown", which happens to be something that scientists and medical professionals are strongly recommending, isn't really selling their argument.  Or their intelligence to me.

Do they challenge all the "unknowns" or just the ones that get them on TV?

Sure....question everything...especially when it comes to your body.  Do they know how their clothes are made?  Many dyes are used that are carcinogens....unless they're researching everything that their body comes into contact with, they're not doing a thorough job.  And again...this is science and medicine advertising this...not Walmart.

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I You’re either smart enough to see that or you’re not. 

I'd say it is fairly obvious, at this point, just where the poster fits in this scenario.

My biggest hope is that while the fools die in record numbers they don't destroy the medical system on their way out.

Another couple of months, should tell us if the rest of us get to start going in for our backdated surgeries; or if the doctors all quit.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd say it is fairly obvious, at this point, just where the poster fits in this scenario.

My biggest hope is that while the fools die in record numbers they don't destroy the medical system on their way out.

Another couple of months, should tell us if the rest of us get to start going in for our backdated surgeries; or if the doctors all quit.

at the very least, if you're unvaccinated you should have your surgery bumped for someone that did get vaccinated. Its just sad that so many people are suffering because of this idiotic anti-vax stance. Honestly it feels like dealing with a toddler who's lost it and can't be reasoned with. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Right now if you ask me the BLM protests were way more damaging (financially and socially) than these anti vaxx ones, Now i am not taking into account unvaccinated death rates or the financial cost of being unvaccinated; just strictly speaking about the people protesting themselves.

Covid has unleashed a Draconian age.. 

Nobody asked you

You're wrong

Protesting in anger to try to promote equality and end police brutality is NOT EVER going to be as damaging as people protesting at schools and hospitals because they refuse to take a jab.  Like ever.  Protesting in mass groups during a pandemic is dumb no matter what, but if you're going to protest for anything basic human rights and drawing attention to racial inequality is a damned site better than a selfish mob of ****wits who are screaming at nurses and cancer patients at a hospital or delivering bogus freemen of the land letters to school principals.

As for financial damage what the ever loving hell, and I ask this as a business owner; do you think endless lockdowns have done for people?  One lockdown is one thing, but almost 2 bloody years of endless lockdowns, mandates and restricted business practices is FAR FAR more damaging than people walking the streets chanting, or a few idiots getting out of line in some cities.

Give yer head a shake

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1