The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

People keep trying to trot out Sweden as some sort of success. Sweden has less than 1/3 our population but comparable rates of infection and mortality

Sweden 10.2 million
Canada 37.9 million

This means for it to be comparable, Canadas infection and mortality rate would need to be almost 4x higher than it is now.

When we look at death rates

Sweden has 14.6k deaths to covid

Canada has 26.7 k deaths to covid

There is a very simple reason Swedens leaders came out and stated that they had failed their people in how they approached their response and that people died needlessly.

• Like 1

I was pondering over policy ideas and this popped into my head: Legislative ammendedment to the tax code of a 10% across the board income tax increase that expires at the end of the 2024 tax year. And a tax credit that fully offsets the increase if you provide proof of vaccination. 

Don't want the shot? Fine, but then you're paying for all the extra doctors, nurses, and ICU beds we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

I was pondering over policy ideas and this popped into my head: Legislative ammendedment to the tax code of a 10% across the board income tax increase that expires at the end of the 2024 tax year. And a tax credit that fully offsets the increase if you provide proof of vaccination. 

Don't want the shot? Fine, but then you're paying for all the extra doctors, nurses, and ICU beds we need.

this is a good idea.

I'd take it a step further tho, and make covid treatment elective if you didn't get the shot for non-medical reasons. Pay the full freight of the treatment, plus it might make decisions easier for doctors on who to triage. 

• Cheers 1

Man, woman charged with assault after anti-vaccination protest at Eaton Centre: Toronto police

protest, Eaton, Centre,

Security guards try to hold back anti-vaccination protesters from entering the Eaton Centre on Saturday.

TORONTO -- Two people arrested at an anti-vaccination protest at the Eaton Centre on Saturday have been charged with assault, Toronto police say.

According to investigators, a large group of anti-vaccination protesters arrived at the Eaton Centre on Saturday and attempted to enter the mall.

Police say the protesters were denied access by uniformed security staff and at one point, a security guard was assaulted.

No injuries to protesters or security staff were reported.

Police say Michael Leaf, a 29-year-old Thornhill resident, and Vanessa Carvalho, a 23-year-old Brampton woman, have each been charged with one count of assault.

They are scheduled to appear at the Old City Hall courthouse on Dec. 15 at 11 a.m.

Caryma Sa'd, who was at the protest to capture footage of what was taking place, said the incident began as a rally at Yonge-Dundas Square.

"At the end of sort of the main speaker's portion of the rally, people kind of dispersed. And I started hearing yelling coming from behind me," she told CP24 on Sunday, adding that she could hear people encouraging protesters to "band together" in non-compliance.

In video footage of the protest, people could be seen shoving security guards and police in an attempt to enter the downtown shopping mall.

"There was violence on the part of the crowd," S'ad said.

"I would say mall security really did its best to hold the people back and police were there, but whatever the rationale was for not being strong on enforcement, the reality is they really didn't do much to hold people back."

Speaking to reporters at a vaccination clinic at Sherway Mall on Sunday, Mayor John Tory said while protesters have a right to demonstrate, they must do so peacefully.

"Those people who have an objection to vaccinations, and proof of vaccination being required, should decide that they are going to protest peacefully," he said of the incident at the Eaton Centre on Saturday.

"I have no problem with them having a different opinion about this and I have no problem with them choosing, if that's what they wish to do, not to get vaccinated.... That's a choice they can make. What they don't have a choice of doing is obstructing other people or behaving in an aggressive manner."

Tory encouraged mall operators to call police if they feel these protests are "crossing a line."

"What we don't have is the right for a group of people to have tyranny over the majority who have chosen to get vaccinated, who support the policies of the governments to have proof-of-vaccination be required," he added.

"I don't tell the police what to do nor do any politicians but I would just say my opinion would be if people are engaging in aggressive, especially physically aggressive behaviour that is putting others at risk or is unduly disruptive, then I would hope that the police would decide... to arrest them."

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, mdehaan said:

The PCR test is a DNA test and not reliable for testing covid.

You're gonna need to go back in this thread.  This has been thoroughly trashed a number of times, including the whole "the inventor said it wasn't designed for testing covid" line.  You probably need to actually "do your research" and look for primary sources instead of nodding along with bitchute/YouTube videos of some jagoff droning on, not providing actual sources for said claims.

Also, source please.  I mean, there are a number of us who provide links to scientific articles or MSM articles that reference empirical data/scientific articles.  You provide nothing.  

As Hitchens said.  "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

• Like 1

Unbelievable. People will spend a couple hours making a sign, proudly declaring they will let their families die completely unnecessarily. I would do anything to protect my family. I'd gladly give my own life for theirs. I can't possibly fathom the self righteous, selfish and entirely idiotic mind set that would allow for this kind of thinking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Unbelievable. People will spend a couple hours making a sign, proudly declaring they will let their families die completely unnecessarily. I would do anything to protect my family. I'd gladly give my own life for theirs. I can't possibly fathom the self righteous, selfish and entirely idiotic mind set that would allow for this kind of thinking.

99.97% survival rate.
Your post is perfect example of the enslavement of fear.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, mdehaan said:

99.97% survival rate.

So when are you going to volunteer to be in the 0.03%? 

Your comment just smacks of someone who has had zero meaningful consequences from covid, and you clearly don't understand what's been keeping us safe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So when are you going to volunteer to be in the 0.03%? 

Your comment just smacks of someone who has had zero meaningful consequences from covid, and you clearly don't understand what's been keeping us safe. 

Gladly.

The governments been keeping us safe, obviously.

3 hours ago, mdehaan said:

99.97% survival rate.

That is entirely incorrect.

Your post is the perfect example how some people are so self righteous, selfish and entirely idiotic that they would try to use a statistic that leaves over four and a half million people dead as their 'ha ha' statement even when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by shayster007
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Well I ditched someone for this gem so don't underestimate people.

Oh...this was a woman who posted it and responded.  So...ya...

Screenshot_20210922-211151.png

Screenshot_20210922-210717.png

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Sign in a store:

You don't have to vaccinate all your kids.  Just the ones you want to keep.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2