Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Truly one of the saddest news clips I've ever seen.

 

 A few years back, my Dad was in a motorcycle accident, and spent a month and a half in ICU, Vancouver General.

There was room for him, and the staff was all in tip top shape.

Now, maybe not a proper room for him, and the staff must be exhausted.

 

What do we do when the staff says " Sorry I'm done, if you still want me, I'll be back in a month. If you don't, I'll take that job at my Uncle's welding shop instead.

As I'm getting ready to take a quick visit to VGH to see my friend Peter getting cancer treatments. Good news is he seems to be getting stronger. I also donated to BC Cancer Foundation. They have had an estate offer to triple any donations before Oct. 31st. When I told him this, Peter was super appreciative. $100 is all I can afford right now. But I want him to know his friend wants to help him fight back all he can. 

  • Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:


Thanks for posting this clip, it should be mandatory viewing for every Canadian. If you are still vaccine hesitant this outcome is the risk you are taking for yourself, your loved ones, and your community. If you are an anti-vaxxer who protests at hospitals/schools or berates and abuses people in health care please watch this. If it doesn’t change your point of view you may have to consider that you are just a disgusting human being. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JM_ said:

first trying to spread misinformation about vaccine risk, and they just trying to seed doubt in general. You've got to be a pretty sick puppy to send out that stuff,

I come to this site and one military forum. 

Today on the military forum some stupid SOB, mouth breathing, wack job is trying to spread some completely unsubstantiated bull about cancer risk from the vaccines.

No links, not even to all those bs you tube vids.

Now most of us will think- "Wack job says what?" but there will be a couple of people that will remember their Uncle's fight with cancer, and decide not to vaccinate.

 

All because of one stupid SOB, mouth breathing, wack job.

  • Hydration 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gurn said:

I come to this site and one military forum. 

Today on the military forum some stupid SOB, mouth breathing, wack job is trying to spread some completely unsubstantiated bull about cancer risk from the vaccines.

No links, not even to all those bs you tube vids.

Now most of us will think- "Wack job says what?" but there will be a couple of people that will remember their Uncle's fight with cancer, and decide not to vaccinate.

 

All because of one stupid SOB, mouth breathing, wack job.

does that site have moderators like ours? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

does that site have moderators like ours? 

Yes, I've already sent in a mod alert. Getting very close to just never going back there.

I like the site for it's on topic military/navy discussions; but their off topic" Politics of War" forum has gone completely insane over the last few years.

They, like this place, have a problem with previously banned posters reappearing, doing some havoc, then getting banned again.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes, I've already sent in a mod alert. Getting very close to just never going back there.

I like the site for it's on topic military/navy discussions; but their off topic" Politics of War" forum has gone completely insane over the last few years.

They, like this place, have a problem with previously banned posters reappearing, doing some havoc, then getting banned again.

Cat Playing GIF

  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny I seem to remember, being pulled in random school days. And getting vaccinated for polio, small pox, and other vaccinations. I didn't die and neither did any of my schoolmates. 

And there sure as hell weren't kids skipping the shots.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As I'm getting ready to take a quick visit to VGH to see my friend Peter getting cancer treatments. Good news is he seems to be getting stronger. I also donated to BC Cancer Foundation. They have had an estate offer to triple any donations before Oct. 31st. When I told him this, Peter was super appreciative. $100 is all I can afford right now. But I want him to know his friend wants to help him fight back all he can. 

Glad you mentioned this. I'm in. 

All the best to Peter. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Glad you mentioned this. I'm in. 

All the best to Peter. 

He’s lost a ton of weight. His voice is low and gravely now. But I think that turns on his girlfriend on now. Long road ahead. Glad to see him and getting treatments. Good news not a protester in sight. Thanks Jack.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He’s lost a ton of weight. His voice is low and gravely now. But I think that turns on his girlfriend on now. Long road ahead. Glad to see him and getting treatments. Good news not a protester in sight. Thanks Jack.

He'll be able to sing Dylan songs once he's out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

How long until we get approval for kids to actually GET them? Wife and I would love to send our kids to school, soccer games etc without fearing for their lives every damn day...:unsure:

I want to see my grandnephew and nieces get their shots too. 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I want to see my grandnephew and nieces get their shots too. 

 

Yeah, be nice to see more family/friends, feel more comfortable with having people stay at our house etc (including my whack-a-doo, unvaccinated sister :picard: )... Right now, we're just not comfortable risking it.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

 

As of Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, 86.8% (4,024,302) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 79.4% (3,679,181) received their second dose.

 

In addition, 87.4% (3,778,735) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.2% (3,470,043) received their second dose.

 

Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,692 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 179,646 cases in the province:

  • Sept. 17-18: 644 new cases
  • Sept. 18-19: 613 new cases
  • Sept. 19-20: 435 new cases

Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.

 

There are 5,608 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 171,769 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 307 individuals are in hospital and 156 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

 

Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.

 

The new/active cases include:

  • 533 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 1,732
  • 239 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 988
  • 371 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 1,183
  • 345 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 1,037
  • 204 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 661
  • no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: seven

In the past 72 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,899.

 

The new deaths include:

  • Fraser Health: six
  • Vancouver Coastal Health: two
  • Northern Health: three

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Overlander (Interior Health), for a total of 21 active outbreaks, including:

  • long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander (Interior Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
  • acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
  • assisted or independent living: David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)

From Sept. 10-16, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 76.3% of cases and from Sept. 3-16, they accounted for 85.0% of hospitalizations.

 

Past week cases (Sept. 10-16) – Total 4,749

  • Not vaccinated: 3,268 (68.8%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 355 (7.5%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,126 (23.7%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 3-16) – Total 401

  • Not vaccinated: 319 (79.6%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 22 (5.5%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 60 (15.0%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 10-16)

  • Not vaccinated: 313.7
  • Partially vaccinated: 91.6
  • Fully vaccinated: 28.6

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 3-16)

  • Not vaccinated: 44.9
  • Partially vaccinated: 8.7
  • Fully vaccinated: 1.4

After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 32.2 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.

 

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,711,306 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

 

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001825

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Nine more people were admitted to hospitals for a total of 307 in the province. Of those people, 20 more were admitted to ICUs, where there are now 156 people receiving critical care.

That's the number to watch, as it puts our healthcare system in jeopardy as it climbs.

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...