The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I know someone irl who is openly an antivaxxer. It's hard to find people who announce their stupidity, and back it up with "where's the research on vaccines on preventing covid? You still get them"

His wife and I were on friendly terms, but given what she said about vaccines, I stopped talking to her. These people are &^@#ing stupid.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I know someone irl who is openly an antivaxxer. It's hard to find people who announce their stupidity, and back it up with "where's the research on vaccines on preventing covid? You still get them"

His wife and I were on friendly terms, but given what she said about vaccines, I stopped talking to her. These people are &^@#ing stupid.

I feel the same way.  Have a few friends from the past on SM who I've weeded out because they're just pigheaded and spreading so much misinformation.  At first a few of us tried to politely give them some facts.....but no, they fight back with insults about how we're all sheeple following a Gov't that's out to get us all.  It's tiring and so irresponsible.  It really brings out the best and worst in people.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

I understand some of the trepidation when the vaccines first came out. But the numbers are now clear - indisputable.

And other than extremely rare reactions, there have been essentially zero side effects from them. And even the reactions are generally no big deal. A lady I know had anaphylactic shock after her first shot. But she still went for her 2nd, because anaphylaxis (with medical staff present) > COVID.

I still have a few friends who are holding out. I don’t understand it at all, at this point. But they aren’t “anti-vax” - they don’t actively try to persuade others not to protect themselves, and they follow safety guidelines to a T. At the end of the day, it’s their choice, and they’re still my friends.

If any of them were actually anti-vaxxers though, I’d worry about them, and try to convince them to seek psychological help. It’s one thing to make a decision for yourself, it’s another to reject public safety, and invade others’ choices to protect their families. Like that guy from Texas running the restaurant that kicked people out for wearing masks. That guy is messed in the head, and he’s dangerous to himself and others.

at this point there are no fence sitters.  "Vaccine hesitancy" is just a polite euphamism for anti-vaxxer, imo

• Thanks 1

I'm with Rod on this one.  Canes 100% vaccinated. 

https://www.canescountry.com/2021/9/17/22667572/carolina-hurricanes-rod-brindamour-andrei-svechnikov-tim-gleason-martin-necas-olympics

An offseason conversation with Rod Brind’Amour: Part three

The other big piece of news for the NHL is the new COVID protocols for the upcoming season, with some significant differences in the protocols for unvaccinated players and staff vs. vaccinated players and staff. I know Don Waddell said in a recent interview that he did that you guys will be 100% vaccinated going into training camp. How much was that something that was really important to you?

Editor’s note: This interview was conducted before Tuesday’s announcement that the team is officially 100% vaccinated.

I’m 100% behind it. I’m proud that our group’s dialed in and is like ‘Yeah, we’ve got to do what we have to do here.’ That’s what this is all about. The protocols and this and that, they are there because people don’t want to get vaccinated, in my opinion. So I’m all for it. Golly, we sat for a year praying for a cure for this or a way out and we get it, and people don’t want to put their arm out to take the shot, it doesn’t make sense to me. I’m proud of our group that once everyone gets here, we’ll have everyone in the training staff and the players 100% on board with this, and I guess we’re doing our part.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

at this point there are no fence sitters.  "Vaccine hesitancy" is just a polite euphamism for anti-vaxxer, imo

That’s a slippery slope.

I wonder how far our “cancel culture” will be able to take that concept…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

That’s a slippery slope.

I wonder how far our “cancel culture” will be able to take that concept…

I don't have any sympathy for people who aren't stepping up to protect their communities.  Cancel culture has nothing to do with it, that's a cop out

• Hydration 2