The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

For the few of you who don't believe COVID is real. My friend in VGH who's getting cancer treatments. Just said a patient with long term health issues from covid along with other health issue died last night in his ward. 

It's real, just get vaccinated.

The life you save might be your own. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So to get "natural" immunity you have to get the virus. Once you have the virus you have about a 2% chance of dying, and about 6-8% chance of being a long haul covid victim.

or you could take a vaccine and turns that 2% chance into .002%.

Seems  like simple enough math for people, yet some are willing to die.

the numbers that have been coming out for long-covid appear more like 20-35% range of infected.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

the numbers that have been coming out for long-covid appear more like 20-35% range of infected.

That is terrible news.

I've posted, a few times, an email I sent to the B.C. CDC asking for those numbers, and as of Oct last year they were not tracking long haulers.

Hopefully that has changed.

• Sad 1

Israel reporting similar findings to what's being reported here.  The chart shows that "breakthrough" cases resulting in hospitalization tend towards the older individuals.  

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/these-unvaccinated-10-fuel-israel-s-covid-crisis-1.10251639

These Unvaccinated 10% Fuel Israel's COVID Crisis

In Israel, COVID is fast becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated: Of the 644 patients in serious condition on Tuesday, 73 percent were from the small population of eligible Israelis who had not received any shots

isracovidunva3194333770.png

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hey Doc, and insight into this Looks promising (at first glance anyway)

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57553602

Interesting.  This is not mRNA or attenuated monkeypox like AZ and JnJ.  

The dry powder inhalers are common and very easy to use, cheap, well that is a debatable if anyone has had to buy these for their asthma.

Certainly and interesting alternative if it pans out.  

• Thanks 1

Awhile back I posted that my wife co-worker got Covid-19 in March.  He was in the ICU, recovered and sent home with an oxygen tank.  At home, he was exhausted and bed ridden.  After many months, he's back at work.  Luckily no long term problems (so far).

Before Covid-19 he was slightly chubby.  Now he's so skinny.  He lost alot of weight (about 20lbs at least).

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

I think this deserves its own thread.  Please be polite and respectful...I'm just trying to find out real reasons/rationale here.

My wife works in private healthcare.   Her patients are mostly from rural and religious communities.   She is hesitant because of the stories she sees and hears about regarding vaccine side-effects.  She also claims the "no long term study" line too.  Also, she sees people who fled political over-handedness only to have a provincial government say they "have to take" a vaccine.  This continues the distrust of governments and health/government agencies.  

For those of you who are, or know someone who is vaccine hesitant, what are the concerns?    There are people who have died, suffered heart attacks/strokes/paralysis, and other severe outcomes soon after receiving the vaccine.  Is that enough to scare people away?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Hey we got enough problems on the island… try living in port alberni in normal times, let alone with a town full of anti vaxxers

Port Alberni, a town that has emergency Tsunami warning sirens. In case a scientific device senses a underseas earthquake hundreds of miles away. At which point the system uses science to send a signal, using a scientifically proven electrical pulse from the sensor to a computer system, that uses a formula created by scientists to ascertain whether a large wave will be created, and where it will end up.

Science at work, saving lives.

Seat belts- science saving lives

Pace makers

Insulin

Blood thinners

on and on, and on, and on, and also includes covid vaccines.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2