The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nice to see we’re getting close to 90% of the eligible people vaccinated.  That 10% that’s left though is accounting for near to 80% of hospitalizations.  

BC and many provinces are on a good projection. But too many still not taking public health precautions, hence the current wave.  

Patients from Northern Health are being airlifted to other health regions to get care. 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-adds-752-covid-19-cases-9-deaths-dashboard-says-1.5613101

Speaking to reporters Wednesday afternoon, Health Minister Adrian Dix revealed that 35 COVID-19 patients had been flown from Northern Health to hospitals in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island.

"None of them are fully vaccinated," Dix said. "(There are) 15 people who are coming down from the Peace River local health area to principally Vancouver Island. It's a terrible place to be. I don't wish it on anyone, but we have to provide them the best care in the world … and we have to get everyone else vaccinated so others aren't going to go through the same thing ."

On a per-capita basis, Northern Health continues to have the highest rate of infection in the province by a wide margin. Northern Health added 43.3 new cases per 100,000 residents on Wednesday, while Interior Health added 20. Fraser Health saw 15.3 infections per 100,000 residents, Island Health saw 8.9 and Vancouver Coastal Health saw 6.9.

• Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Disinformation is literally killing people. 

My friend lives in Texas. His brother believes in the antivax info. He went to Sturgis and got Covid, ended up in ICU and died last month. He also gave it to his unvaccinated wife and his vaccinated dad. Wife survived. His dad was fully vaccinated but has underlying lung disease. Went to ICU but survived. He is out of hospital now. 

The sad irony is that the people these antivaxxers get their ‘lead’ from are all vaccinated.  But the antivaxxers are too ignorant (sadly) to realize they are being used, abused, and tossed out like the morning garbage by their ‘so called’ leaders.  

• Upvote 2

Lindsey Graham got booed in South Carolina today, after he encouraged people to "think about" getting vaccinated....:rolleyes:

When he (correctly) pointed out to people that the majority of of Covid hospitalizations were among the unvaccinated, he was met with more boos and several cries of "lies!"...

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that Graham is now getting booed, thanks to his prior continued enabling of the lies and campaign of disinformation from Donald Trump. You reap what you sow, Lindsey.....<_<

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The sad irony is that the people these antivaxxers get their ‘lead’ from are all vaccinated.  But the antivaxxers are too ignorant (sadly) to realize they are being used, abused, and tossed out like the morning garbage by their ‘so called’ leaders.  

this is so true Alf. Its why we need to keep bringing in more restrictions that limit these peoples movements. There's no other choice, they're brainwashed.

• Vintage 3

41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lindsey Graham got booed in South Carolina today, after he encouraged people to "think about" getting vaccinated....:rolleyes:

When he (correctly) pointed out to people that the majority of of Covid hospitalizations were among the unvaccinated, he was met with more boos and several cries of "lies!"...

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that Graham is now getting booed, thanks to his prior continued enabling of the lies and campaign of disinformation from Donald Trump. You reap what you sow, Lindsey.....<_<

Didn’t the orange one tout these vaccines with his operation Warp Speed?  I thought he got booed, when he recommended vaccinating, by the morons too, no?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Disinformation is literally killing people. 

My friend lives in Texas. His brother believes in the antivax info. He went to Sturgis and got Covid, ended up in ICU and died last month. He also gave it to his unvaccinated wife and his vaccinated dad. Wife survived. His dad was fully vaccinated but has underlying lung disease. Went to ICU but survived. He is out of hospital now. 

Thanks for sharing the story. Sad, sorry to hear,

I've been to Sturgis. LOTS happens that is more dangerous than a vaccination.  

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t the orange one tout these vaccines with his operation Warp Speed?  I thought he got booed, when he recommended vaccinating, by the morons too, no? 

Too little and far too late....

For the two years prior, he was downplaying the severity of the virus,discouraging people from wearing masks and undercutting the actual experts, like Anthony Fauci...

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Too little and far too late....

For the two years prior, he was downplaying the severity of the virus,discouraging people from wearing masks and undercutting the actual experts, like Anthony Fauci...

What do you expect from a guy whose name is Lindsey.

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This guy’s nickname is thunder from down under.

I thought that only dummies in Philly punch horses, clearly I was wrong!

image.jpeg.5d53a0f7ec90118fb67007642716449d.jpeg

He pleaded not guilty. This is my current home town, Melbourne.

Protesters drank beer then threw the empty bottles at police day 1 of this protest. Brawls with police erupted. 5 different police had broken noses. 10 to hospital. Then protesters pissed in bags & threw bags of piss at police, reporters, nurses going to the clinic up the street. Aproximately 2000 came down, effectively for a fight.

Day 2 police came in full riot gear. They kept coming. Unfortunately day 4, police abusively tackled a protester in Flinders station, directly behind thunders shoulder.

Melbourne has had extreme lockdowns; hit day 250, most in the world tomorrow. The lockdowns have worked.  The death rate in Australia in comparison to population is 1/20th Canada. 1/50th parts of the US. But there have been other costs. Originally people saw so few cases there was reluctance to get vaccinated.  Lost jobs, civil unrest, kids a whole year out of school. Its hard to get a balance right?  But 1/20th the death rate.      

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

15 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

We live in crazy times indeed, I do get that people are tired of the lockdowns.

In the U.S some have been screaming about their rights and saying we are on our way to communism, fascism etc.

Some of us that lived under less democratic regimes laugh at their comparisons.

Back in 1972, pilgrim from Mecca brought back small pox to former Yugoslavia.

Disease has been eradicated since 1930s but an outbreak ensued.

Government declared martial law, closed the border, cordoned off villages and towns and put around 10 000 people under quarantine in hotels.

Army was guarding those hotels and leaving was not an option, maybe it was, but you would be carried out feet first.

Entire country of 18 million was vaccinated in just couple of weeks.

Vaccination wasn’t voluntary either, none of that “my body my choice”

Yeah we live in a much more privileged time of society. The stuff NA protest over pales in comparison to a lot of the stuff in the 20th century. 

Even the civil rights movement faced worse $&!# and that’s light compared to outside NA during that time. 

We have definitely come a long way in a short amount of time as humans. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Vaccination wasn’t voluntary either, none of that “my body my choice”

I mentioned elsewhere?

Freedom comes with a cost.  In Texas more people died 4 days this week than Australia since the beginning of the pandemic. Similar, 15% larger population.

70,000 dead vs less than 1400.

But they can go to the pub saloon without a mask?

Very interesting Small Pox story!  Indonesia had a reward for those who broke curfew, or mask rules early this pandemic. They got tasked with digging graves for all the Covid dead.  After a belt with the back of a military rifle. The Melbourne protests were a kick in the gut. Most of the population was locked down. Construction was considered essential; allowed to work through. Protested a crackdown as work site cases ballooned to 10 x the average. The crackdown was mild.  They could not eat in lunch rooms together?  

Got too entitled so the premiere locked the whole industry, 2 weeks. Made it mandatory they & all essentials could not come back without a vax.

No pay & $5000 fines for protesting; most have got the jab reluctantly and are back at work. Guys like thunder got a $5000 fine, put in jail, lost his job.

Brilliant! :frantic:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

He pleaded not guilty. This is my current home town, Melbourne.

Protesters drank beer then threw the empty bottles at police day 1 of this protest. Brawls with police erupted. 5 different police had broken noses. 10 to hospital. Then protesters pissed in bags & threw bags of piss at police, reporters, nurses going to the clinic up the street. Aproximately 2000 came down, effectively for a fight.

Day 2 police came in full riot gear. They kept coming. Unfortunately day 4, police abusively tackled a protester in Flinders station, directly behind thunders shoulder.

Melbourne has had extreme lockdowns; hit day 250, most in the world tomorrow. The lockdowns have worked.  The death rate in Australia in comparison to population is 1/20th Canada. 1/50th parts of the US. But there have been other costs. Originally people saw so few cases there was reluctance to get vaccinated.  Lost jobs, civil unrest, kids a whole year out of school. Its hard to get a balance right?  But 1/20th the death rate.      

It's getting so hard on my son and all the kids who have missed out on time with their friends building the social skills that are so important later in life. 

This will have a lasting impact on their lives.

Today I learnt there have been 9 confirmed cases in my hometown.  

One of them is in ICU on a ventilator. 

I think back to those NSW removalists that brought the new strain into our state not wearing their @#$@*"¥ masks and with holding crucial information 

Remember these dickheads CS 

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100300690

That's where our leaders have screwed the pooch,hotel Quarantine and enforcing the laws regarding visits to our state when our borders have been open.

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I mentioned elsewhere?

Freedom comes with a cost.  In Texas more people died 4 days this week than Australia since the beginning of the pandemic. Similar, 15% larger population.

70,000 dead vs less than 1400.

But they can go to the pub saloon without a mask?

Very interesting Small Pox story!  Indonesia had a reward for those who broke curfew, or mask rules early this pandemic. They got tasked with digging graves for all the Covid dead.  After a belt with the back of a military rifle. The Melbourne protests were a kick in the gut. Most of the population was locked down. Construction was considered essential; allowed to work through. Protested a crackdown as work site cases ballooned to 10 x the average. The crackdown was mild.  They could not eat in lunch rooms together?  

Got too entitled so the premiere locked the whole industry, 2 weeks. Made it mandatory they & all essentials could not come back without a vax.

No pay & $5000 fines for protesting; most have got the jab reluctantly and are back at work. Guys like thunder got a $5000 fine, put in jail, lost his job.

Brilliant! :frantic:

Those @$$holes still had work while hundreds of thousands of people had lost work.

People who had built up their businesses,in some cases over generations watching them go under. 

There is worse to come.

Insolvencies are actually down because of the government stimulus when that stops the $##$ is really going to hit the fan.

50 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

A question for you all. When you go to a restaurant, bar, gym, or an event, have they scanned your vaccine passport? Or, just looked at it, as well as your ID? Curious, because I haven't had mine scanned yet.

I haven't been anywhere nor will I until the government abandons their "education" approach and starts enforcing and punishing those who don't comply

Heard on CKNW this morning that the BC CDC announced those adults who aren't vaccinated are 53 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid and 58% more likely to die from Covid than those adults who are vaccinated.  

Any adult choosing to avoid vaccination is a complete and utter fool.  

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on CKNW this morning that the BC CDC announced those adults who aren't vaccinated are 53 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid and 58% more likely to die from Covid than those adults who are vaccinated.  

Any adult choosing to avoid vaccination is a complete and utter fool.  

Further to that, hearing the jeering that Lindsey Graham got at a rally, even though he is a complete and utter joke, shows us how far we, as a planet are from getting out of this Delta variant.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1