The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

why do people keep feeding into the posters who try to denounce Covid and or the vaccines/restrictions etc when they have ZERO Legit proof!?!?

Stop acknowledging them and they should likely disappear as they aren't getting their fix anymore...no!?!?

Covid is here to stay and for a while it seems...the longer it is around the higher chance EVERYONE has of contracting it and possibly getting real sick from it or heaven forbid DIE from it!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Jtutino said:

So you dont want 100% of people vaxxed in the 12 to 17 age range? Only 17 people in th 0 - 19 age range have died from covid in Canada. My guess is that most of those people had underlying conditions. Your teenager is more likely to die of a drug overdose in B.C than they are from Covid. Since the start of 2020 under 2k have died from covid where as 2700 have died from drug overdoses.

You do realize that unvaccinated kids are a vector for viral transmission, and Petri dishes for potential variants, right?  Or are you one of those selfish antivaxxers who could care less for any social contract and responsibility to a healthier society?  

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

why do people keep feeding into the posters who try to denounce Covid and or the vaccines/restrictions etc when they have ZERO Legit proof!?!?

Stop acknowledging them and they should likely disappear as they aren't getting their fix anymore...no!?!?

Covid is here to stay and for a while it seems...the longer it is around the higher chance EVERYONE has of contracting it and possibly getting real sick from it or heaven forbid DIE from it!

https://doctorsandscientistsdeclaration.org/

Over 11,000 doctors/ scientists have come forward to speak out against some of the policies and methods of the vaccines/ restrictions.  I think the most worrisome thing is that these doctors are being threatened with there jobs if they speak out against the mandates. Thats not how science and medicine are supposed to work. There should always be open channels for discussion

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheAce said:

https://doctorsandscientistsdeclaration.org/

Over 11,000 doctors/ scientists have come forward to speak out against some of the policies and methods of the vaccines/ restrictions.  I think the most worrisome thing is that these doctors are being threatened with there jobs if they speak out against the mandates. Thats not how science and medicine are supposed to work. There should always be open channels for discussion

Nowhere in that online petition is vaccines mentioned.   Furthermore, it reads like something a quack who was pushing hydroxychloroquine and is pushing ivermectin would write.  Real scientists and health care professionals will look to actual clinical trials before recommending a treatment.   It's only in the clinical trials that someone would get an unproven treatment as a trial participant.   The vaccines had clinical trials and have been approved.   There are treatments like the TRUMP cocktail drugs that have been approved.  If the clinical trial for ivermectin shows it works, then great.

Also, some online petition.  Lol.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Nowhere in that online petition is vaccines mentioned.   Furthermore, it reads like something a quack who was pushing hydroxychloroquine and is pushing ivermectin would write.  Real scientists and health care professionals will look to actual clinical trials before recommending a treatment.   It's only in the clinical trials that someone would get an unproven treatment as a trial participant.   The vaccines had clinical trials and have been approved.   There are treatments like the TRUMP cocktail drugs that have been approved.  If the clinical trial for ivermectin shows it works, then great.

Rory Fitzpatrick........NHL allstar.:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't been on CDC in a long time.  Life is less stressful when you need to be be argumentative with strangers online.  

Anyways...

Tokyo currently.... a metropolis of about 30+ million in an area about the same size as the Lower Mainland.... their daily rate is about ~100.  Was 89 just a few days ago.  BC on the other hand has a population of 5 million, but about 500-700 case daily.  In Japan their vaccination level is way way lower than those of other industrialized economies (none of my wife's family are vaccinated).  Can't really say they nipped it in the bud at the beginning either as just last year the government were handing out travel vouchers for their citizens to travel more domestically, to go eat out more, to go out to shop more, etc.... all to boost their economy.  

Yet with everything that has happened, their rate of transmission is lower, their total death count is way lower than Canada too.  I know there have been lots of gaffs as some people dying with causes "unknown" or people with Covid being turned away from the hospitals, etc.... but 10/10 Japan's results has been better than Canada.... and their government hasn't really done much or "competently".

If this is the case, one must wonder why BC and Canada has done what they are doing.  With vaccination levels among the highest in the world, the introduction of covid passports, etc... yet cases still continue to rise unimpeded... perhaps maybe there are other issues that should be accounted for?  That draconian measures in place are doing more harm to society than any benefits in battling the coronavirus.  

People will point out that Japan does mask wearing more or better... but have anyone actually seen people without masks on locally?  Perhaps it's just me, but everywhere I go, I see people wearing masks all the time.  The only time I don't seem masks are when people are outdoors at the park or just walking.  So what is that is making Canada worse than Japan?  Japanese are healthier?  That debatable... but longest lifespan may have something to do with it.  If it is all about underlying health, then Canada is overreacting as a whole.

One thing I always wonder.... we all know smoking is bad for your health.  A smoker will generally get sick more often than a non-smoker, chronic smokers will definitely be weaker when combating pneumonia, influenza, etc.  Yet there are reports that whether or not one is a smoker does not statistically make one more or less susceptible to catching or having a bad reaction from Covid.  Sounds very off.... I mean if I said smokers aren't more likely to get the flu, people would immediately point out cow manure on it.  What about those who abuse drugs, drinks too much, perhaps vaping too often (chemical from vapes are very bad too).... it should make you question how the stats are being reported.  

How the numbers are being reported is very important too.  I mean the "regular" flu and pneumonia deaths has practically disappeared these past 2 years, since those who would unfortunately succumb to the flu has instead caught Covid.  In Canada, an average of 8000 people each year dies from the flu..... so times 2 for 2 years of covid and it's approximately 16000 deaths.  Covid has claimed about 28000.  For all intent and purposes, the coronavirus is about 75% more deadlier than the flu.  To put things into perspective, in a hypothetical scenario, if there's no covid and someone just said that the flu season is going to be 2x more dangerous than previous seasons.... would you still rush out to get the flu shot (assuming you don't)... or would you just go "huh.... I guess I should just be careful"?

Just some food for thought.  

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

It always takes a bit of a deep dive to look into these kind of posts.  I searched at random one co-signer of this petition and picked Dr Flavio Cadegiani. Turns out he is one of President Bolsonaro’s right hand men. He set up an app that prescribed Chloroquine to thousands of Covid patients in Brazil. He is also behind a bizarre trial giving Proxolutemide (a Chinese hair growth product) to 615 Covid patients. There were so many inconsistencies and outright fraud that it can’t even be called a study. The Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine refused to publish the findings. It would be far to kind to refer to this guy as a quack.

I wasn’t able to link to the article but this is a screenshot of my search for anyone who cares to have a look.

1BC35E3F-95B7-4DE0-81C0-55D12F0E4C56.jpeg

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Hundreds of kids died in the US already. Covid is among the top ten causes of death in kids. If you let it go unchecked, the numbers will go even higher.  Polio is only 1% symptomatic. So why do we bother to get vaccinated? 

If it is your kid, it matters.  If it isn't, it still should matter in a decent society. 

Most diseases in kids have a better prognosis than adults, heart disease, cancer etc. But do you not treat it or try to prevent it if possible?  Those are all underlying condition.  Just because there are other more common causes of death, it doesn't make it less important. False dichotomy thinking. 

It goes deeper than that:

https://vancouversun.com/news/national/frustration-and-anger-saskatchewan-children-missing-out-on-health-care-services/wcm/b975925c-6298-4c29-aae2-026c259e64e3

Sad story in Saskatchewan.  Way to go Moe.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Sad 2

Just signed up for my 3rd! Was a little nervous since I'll be so early in Canada to get it, but gotta trust the process. It will likely be awhile before the general public is seeing their booster though, I reckon.

I'm the perfect cocktail of working in healthcare, a history of respiratory issues, and immunocompromised due to the chemotherapy drug I was taking over the last year or so. I'm not having to take the chemotherapy any more (thank the bloody heavens) but still need the booster asap to make sure all the anti vaccine idiots don't kill me while I'm at work.

• Huggy Bear 3

10 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

11,000 quacks ?   Also this was part of the Rome summit which was a huge get together to discuss covid.  But this is part of the problem, as soon as anyone ( and in this case actual medical professionals ) comes forward they quickly get dismissed by people like you as quacks .  Did you see recently that Moderna has been recommended not to be used by people aged 24 and under because of possible heart complications ?  Many parts of Europe and Ontario as well. Why is that ?  If there had been rigorous clinical trials then wouldnt this have been known ? The fact is that these are still going through the clinical process and its been admitted that long term affects are not known.

Not sure what Trump has to do with this or why you would even mention him ?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, TheAce said:

Did you see recently that Moderna has been recommended not to be used by people aged 24 and under because of possible heart complications ?

we did. We saw that they recommended Pfizer instead.

Edited by JM_

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we did. We saw that they recommended Pfizer instead.

Yep.... and i should mention that my post and the point of the petition isnt to condemn vaccinations.   But why did they not find these results ( moderna heart issues ) in the clinical trials if they had been extensively studied and tested on ? 

10 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Haven't been on CDC in a long time.  Life is less stressful when you need to be be argumentative with strangers online.  

Anyways...

Tokyo currently.... a metropolis of about 30+ million in an area about the same size as the Lower Mainland.... their daily rate is about ~100.  Was 89 just a few days ago.  BC on the other hand has a population of 5 million, but about 500-700 case daily.  In Japan their vaccination level is way way lower than those of other industrialized economies (none of my wife's family are vaccinated).  Can't really say they nipped it in the bud at the beginning either as just last year the government were handing out travel vouchers for their citizens to travel more domestically, to go eat out more, to go out to shop more, etc.... all to boost their economy.  

Yet with everything that has happened, their rate of transmission is lower, their total death count is way lower than Canada too.  I know there have been lots of gaffs as some people dying with causes "unknown" or people with Covid being turned away from the hospitals, etc.... but 10/10 Japan's results has been better than Canada.... and their government hasn't really done much or "competently".

If this is the case, one must wonder why BC and Canada has done what they are doing.  With vaccination levels among the highest in the world, the introduction of covid passports, etc... yet cases still continue to rise unimpeded... perhaps maybe there are other issues that should be accounted for?  That draconian measures in place are doing more harm to society than any benefits in battling the coronavirus.  

People will point out that Japan does mask wearing more or better... but have anyone actually seen people without masks on locally?  Perhaps it's just me, but everywhere I go, I see people wearing masks all the time.  The only time I don't seem masks are when people are outdoors at the park or just walking.  So what is that is making Canada worse than Japan?  Japanese are healthier?  That debatable... but longest lifespan may have something to do with it.  If it is all about underlying health, then Canada is overreacting as a whole.

One thing I always wonder.... we all know smoking is bad for your health.  A smoker will generally get sick more often than a non-smoker, chronic smokers will definitely be weaker when combating pneumonia, influenza, etc.  Yet there are reports that whether or not one is a smoker does not statistically make one more or less susceptible to catching or having a bad reaction from Covid.  Sounds very off.... I mean if I said smokers aren't more likely to get the flu, people would immediately point out cow manure on it.  What about those who abuse drugs, drinks too much, perhaps vaping too often (chemical from vapes are very bad too).... it should make you question how the stats are being reported.  

How the numbers are being reported is very important too.  I mean the "regular" flu and pneumonia deaths has practically disappeared these past 2 years, since those who would unfortunately succumb to the flu has instead caught Covid.  In Canada, an average of 8000 people each year dies from the flu..... so times 2 for 2 years of covid and it's approximately 16000 deaths.  Covid has claimed about 28000.  For all intent and purposes, the coronavirus is about 75% more deadlier than the flu.  To put things into perspective, in a hypothetical scenario, if there's no covid and someone just said that the flu season is going to be 2x more dangerous than previous seasons.... would you still rush out to get the flu shot (assuming you don't)... or would you just go "huh.... I guess I should just be careful"?

Just some food for thought.  

Tokyo is such a great place, I'm happy for you. What are you doing there?

They had a lot of restrictions in place, so that seems to account for the drop from the scary numbers earlier this summer: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/28/japan-to-end-state-of-emergency-as-covid-cases-plummet

Just now, TheAce said:

Yep.... and i should mention that my post and the point of the petition isnt to condemn vaccinations.   But why did they not find these results ( moderna heart issues ) in the clinical trials if they had been extensively studied and tested on ? 

because its hard to get all the effects until it gets into the wider population. Trials are always a risk that way.

Thankfully the heart inflammations have been nearly all mild cases from the vaccine. Kids are still far more likely to get severe cases from covid, so its great that Pfizer is still an option for kids.

5 minutes ago, TheAce said:

11,000 quacks ?   Also this was part of the Rome summit which was a huge get together to discuss covid.  But this is part of the problem, as soon as anyone ( and in this case actual medical professionals ) comes forward they quickly get dismissed by people like you as quacks .  Did you see recently that Moderna has been recommended not to be used by people aged 24 and under because of possible heart complications ?  Many parts of Europe and Ontario as well. Why is that ?  If there had been rigorous clinical trials then wouldnt this have been known ? The fact is that these are still going through the clinical process and its been admitted that long term affects are not known.

Not sure what Trump has to do with this or why you would even mention him ?

TRUMP had covid, and the treatments he received have actually been approved.  Hydroxychloroquine was shown to be trash, and Ivermectin has yet to be demonstrated as an effective treatment in clinical trials (trials are ongoing).

I did see that there is a risk.  Thing is, it isn't something that is common.  It is rare.  In this study from the New England Journal of Medicine (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110737 ), like 54 cases in 2.5 million vaccinated members.  Most were mild or moderate in severity.  That kind of thing won't show up in any clinical trial, even the large ones used for the vaccines.  And guess what, myocarditis is something you can definitely get from Covid.  The Oilers have two players out with it after getting Covid.  https://www.si.com/hockey/news/oilers-forward-josh-archibald-out-indefinitely-with-myocarditis .

As for the quack thing, 4petesake validated my point.  Quacks persist giving unproven medications outside of clinical trials.  Quack persist in giving trash advice.  Quacks can be called Dr., or did you miss the demon semen lady?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2