The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

drummer4now, I'm beginning to wonder if you are in fact vaccinated. You've been on this board yakking the same nonsense over and over again, and all the while going through everything from rights, to losing jobs, to science, to religion, I don't get it, or you. Quit ^*$&ing trolling, and go get vaccinated so we all can get on with our lives. 20 and 30 year old people are now dying from this virus, but not according to you, it was like the flu.

• Wat 1

36 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

There's so much wrong with this.

First I'd like to ask:  what is"complying reasons"?

Also....people who die of cardio related death aren't subjecting others to unnecessary risk.  Their cardio death impacts...them.  COVID impacts all of us.

And care to put up some data about the unvaxed being overweight, etc.?  You can't make stuff up around here.

Complying reasons being religion or faith, health reasons, personal judgement, or just plain don’t want it… 

Non complying reasons being 5g or chips and conscripracy theories etc..

32 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So what about people who don't want to take a cab when they're drunk and they decide they want to drive?  OK with you?

Rights only extend so far.  And sure...stay home and exercise your right to do whatever you want but when you venture out into public, that changes.

People are free to make a choice in this.  But there are restrictions to that freedom once they leave  home.

Please refrain from strawman arguments you know the answer to the cab question…  not acceptable to drink and drive. 

I agree with rights extend so far so why cant vaccinated people stay at home if they fear Covid so much aren’t they better immune to it?

drummer4now, I'm beginning to wonder if you are in fact vaccinated. You've been on this board yakking the same nonsense over and over again, and all the while going through everything from rights, to losing jobs, to science, to religion, I don't get it, or you. Quit ^*$&ing trolling, and go get vaccinated so we all can get on with our lives. 20 and 30 year old people are now dying from this virus, but not according to you, it was like the flu.

I will happily post my card.. if you want like I did with the education. 

Edited by drummer4now

Pretty sad developments up in the Northern health Regions but I am actually surprised it took so long for them to suffer like Albertans have, especially since most of the people up in the peace region are not real BC'ers - rather worker bee transplants from Alberta working in the gas fields up there.   I know that area well and most people up there associate with Alberta not BC and have that same "Albertan mentality" - if you know what I mean!  So not surprising to see so many anti-vaxers fighting tooth and nail for their right to FreeDumb at any cost including their health and lives.   

Very disheartning that so many will get a hard fact check when they get sick because it's 100% guaranteed that we will all get Covid 19 Antibody exposure at some point or another.   Either in a slow controlled pace with a Vaccine that develops resistance to it - or - a "slam-Dunking" when you catch it in the "raw" and pay the price.   Good luck to everyone!  Make your decision Wisely !  You only get one chance to do so.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Cheers 3

Good update by Dr Offit. He is a pediatrician at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (excellent hospital, I did part of my training there) and on the FDA board for vaccines, and voted no to boosters to everyone 16+.

He clarifies what durable immunity means, and why breakthrough infection is a bad or misleading term.  

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Complying reasons being religion or faith, health reasons, personal judgement, or just plain don’t want it… 

Please refrain from strawman arguments you know the answer to the cab question…  not acceptable to drink and drive. 

I agree with rights extend so far so why cant vaccinated people stay at home if they fear Covid so much aren’t they better immune to it?

Now we have a good defence against the virus. 
The problem now is that the unvaccinared people spread the virus much more and it may lead to a mutation that kills vaccinated people.

So the cab or drive drunk is a good analogy.

Even if we only look at par example Hamonics child it’s a good analogy.

What if an unvaccinated person around the family by accident pass the virus on?

Something that is very hard if all around her is vaccinated.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Go for it! Like everything else you've posted, I call bs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Pretty sad developments up in the Northern health Regions but I am actually surprised it took so long for them to suffer like Albertans have, especially since most of the people up in the peace region are not real BC'ers - rather worker bee transplants from Alberta working in the gas fields up there.   I know that area well and most people up there associate with Alberta not BC and have that same "Albertan mentality" - if you know what I mean!  So not surprising to see so many anti-vaxers fighting tooth and nail for their right to FreeDumb at any cost including their health and lives.   

Very disheartning that so many will get a hard fact check when they get sick because it's 100% guaranteed that we will all get Covid 19 Antibody exposure at some point or another.   Either in a slow controlled pace with a Vaccine that develops resistance to it - or - a "slam-Dunking" when you catch it in the "raw" and pay the price.   Good luck to everyone!  Make your decision Wisely !  You only get one chance to do so.

Yep. I grew up in PG and traveled up to Dawson Creek and Ft St. John quite often for sports....we always felt that the real BC/Alberta border was the Pine Pass....

• Cheers 3

13 hours ago, drummer4now said:

A lot of unvaccinated deaths are from people who are overweight/with some other underlying condition or the elderly.. 

Like your enemy Horgan once said fatalities are part of life… every 30 seconds someone dies from Cardio related deaths in the US. 

Your point? 

I believe in freedom of choice and if someone has a complying reason not to get one leave them alone and respect their decision. As adults they should be able to gage the risks and benefits of getting one. Of course some will not want one for stupid reason like chips or 5g but for the sane ones I believe they have complying reasons. 

Don’t give me that crap I support murder or unwanted deaths. 

I don't think you understand what your position means.

Lets try it this way. Do you think its OK for an un-vaccinated person to work in a long term care facility?

• Thanks 1

Canada is still working on clarification that mixed doses will qualify as fully vaccinated.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/us-canada-border-november-8-1.6212093

U.S. to open border to fully vaccinated travellers starting Nov. 8

Those travelling by air will still be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test

18 hours ago, drummer4now said:

So you're not okay with people drinking and driving but you are still okay with unvaccinated people killing potentially millions by prolonging getting rid of the virus....

The only reason why you think this is a "strawman argument" is because it goes against what you are saying; yet, you are showing yourself to be a major hypocrite here.

I'll be completely honest: your logic here baffles me. I don't understand people like you. I think either you know what your saying is wrong but are afraid of being wrong or you just don't want to believe the inaction of not getting vaccinated kills others when it's clearly proven that it does.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JM_ said:

I don't think you understand what your position means.

Lets try it this way. Do you think its OK for an un-vaccinated person to work in a long term care facility?

I should have elaborated more and stated certain sectors require the vaccine where there is vulnerable people. 

58 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So you're not okay with people drinking and driving but you are still okay with unvaccinated people killing potentially millions by prolonging getting rid of the virus....

The only reason why you think this is a "strawman argument" is because it goes against what you are saying; yet, you are showing yourself to be a major hypocrite here.

I'll be completely honest: your logic here baffles me. I don't understand people like you. I think either you know what your saying is wrong but are afraid of being wrong or you just don't want to believe the inaction of not getting vaccinated kills others when it's clearly proven that it does.

What does drinking and driving and vaccines have to do with anything? Drinking and driving is an punishable offence; whereas not getting the vaccine is not… 

Why don’t you people understand it is a voluntary to get one.. screw the social norms. 

As of yet it is not illegal to be unvaccinated and I don’t understand how you can discriminate against them. 

Also a person should not be held liable for being unvaccinated and unknowingly spreading the virus; it is not their fault someone’s immune system is compromised or weak. 

Based on all your logic we should sue the fast food industry for giving people premature heart disease.. when it is the consumers fault. Same goes with CoVid if you feel unsafe or vulnerable stay in doors.. in instead of making others feel guilty or screwing others over. 

I challenge you to see the flip side of this argument.. 

Edited by drummer4now
  • Wat 3

4 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

As of yet it is not illegal to be unvaccinated and I don’t understand how you can discriminate against them. 

Because vaccination status is not a protected category under the Charter of Rights and a Freedoms.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Friday, Oct. 15, 2021, 89.0% (4,126,668) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.0% (3,848,689) received their second dose.

In addition, 89.5% (3,870,725) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.7% (3,621,151) received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 667 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 196,433 cases in the province.

There are 5,128 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 188,851 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 367 individuals are in hospital and 152 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.

The new/active cases include:

• 246 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 2,221
  • 75 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 724
  • 101 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 817
  • 184 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 734
  • 59 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 572
  • two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 60

In the past 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,055.

The new deaths include:

• Fraser Health: 11
  • Interior Health: two

Note: The deaths at Willingdon Care Centre are reflected in today’s numbers.

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health). The outbreak at Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
  • Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
  • Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).

assisted or independent living:

• Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
  • Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).

From Oct. 7-13, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 68.3% of cases and from Sept. 30-Oct. 13, they accounted for 76.3% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 7-13) – Total 4,019

• Not vaccinated: 2,478 (61.7%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 265 (6.6%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,276 (31.7%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 30-Oct. 13) – Total 439

• Not vaccinated: 312 (71.1%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 23 (5.2%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 104 (23.7%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 7-13)

• Not vaccinated: 273.3
  • Partially vaccinated: 76.2
  • Fully vaccinated: 30.4

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 30-Oct. 13)

• Not vaccinated: 51.3
  • Partially vaccinated: 10.4
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.3

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,025,356 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0062-001984

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Canada is still working on clarification that mixed doses will qualify as fully vaccinated.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/us-canada-border-november-8-1.6212093

U.S. to open border to fully vaccinated travellers starting Nov. 8

Those travelling by air will still be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test

It will get sorted out, but takes time. If JJ recipients can get a mix mRNA in the US, then it will speed things up. 

As a side note, my family visited NYC last month and their mixed vaccine status (AZ/Moderna) was accepted in restaurants. 

Spoke too soon. 

This just dropped. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/u-s-says-it-will-permit-entry-of-canadian-travellers-with-mixed-vaccine-doses-1.5625455

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 2

U.S. says it will permit entry of Canadian travellers with mixed vaccine doses

Published Oct. 15, 2021 7:06 p.m. ET

By Sarah Turnbull

CTVNews.ca Producer

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/u-s-says-it-will-permit-entry-of-canadian-travellers-with-mixed-vaccine-doses-1.5625455

Link to CDC:

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People | CDC

Interpretation of vaccine records: CDC has not recommended the use of heterologous (i.e., mix-and-match) primary series. However, the use of such strategies (including mixing of mRNA, adenoviral, and mRNA plus adenoviral products) is increasingly common in many countries outside of the United States. Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series.  The recommended interval between the first and second doses of FDA-approved/authorized and WHO-EUL listed vaccines varies by vaccine type. However, for purposes of interpretation of vaccine records, the second dose in a two dose heterologous series must have been received no earlier than 17 days (21 days with a 4 day grace period) after the first dose.

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Friday, Oct. 15, 2021, 89.0% (4,126,668) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.0% (3,848,689) received their second dose.

In addition, 89.5% (3,870,725) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.7% (3,621,151) received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 667 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 196,433 cases in the province.

There are 5,128 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 188,851 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 367 individuals are in hospital and 152 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.

The new/active cases include:

• 246 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 2,221
  • 75 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 724
  • 101 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 817
  • 184 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 734
  • 59 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 572
  • two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 60

In the past 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,055.

The new deaths include:

• Fraser Health: 11
  • Interior Health: two

Note: The deaths at Willingdon Care Centre are reflected in today’s numbers.

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health). The outbreak at Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
  • Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
  • Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).

assisted or independent living:

• Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
  • Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).

From Oct. 7-13, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 68.3% of cases and from Sept. 30-Oct. 13, they accounted for 76.3% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 7-13) – Total 4,019

• Not vaccinated: 2,478 (61.7%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 265 (6.6%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,276 (31.7%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 30-Oct. 13) – Total 439

• Not vaccinated: 312 (71.1%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 23 (5.2%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 104 (23.7%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 7-13)

• Not vaccinated: 273.3
  • Partially vaccinated: 76.2
  • Fully vaccinated: 30.4

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 30-Oct. 13)

• Not vaccinated: 51.3
  • Partially vaccinated: 10.4
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.3

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,025,356 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0062-001984

Those numbers seem to have basically stayed static between 650 and 800 for weeks

20 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I should have elaborated more and stated certain sectors require the vaccine where there is vulnerable people.

thats been the point the entire time that you've been fighting against.

• Upvote 2