The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah but the way that CNN handled the whole issue was really eye opening. 

Start out by slandering someone that wasn't advocating for it but stated that they used it. Then send someone in to prove a point only to have them retract from their position and apologize. 

Then finally completely cut out those important parts on CNN and make a mockery of the whole situation.  

I'd highly recommend checking out the entire 20 minute segment, unedited. 

CNN is just as bad as Fox when it comes to twisting stories (as you're already aware). Unfortunately from discussions I've had with members here, many refuse to believe that, and it always gets redirected to "Fox is worse, Rogan is worse", etc. Even if that's true, I wouldn't consider CNN a credible source.

Rogan took a few medications, and claims that it made him healthy within days. The biggest story here should be that one of the medications he took could be an effective treatment, with more research needed to confirm. Sounds encouraging to me. But apparently a news station sticking to just facts is expecting to much...

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

CNN is just as bad as Fox when it comes to twisting stories (as you're already aware). Unfortunately from discussions I've had with members here, many refuse to believe that, and it always gets redirected to "Fox is worse, Rogan is worse", etc. Even if that's true, I wouldn't consider CNN a credible source.

Rogan took a few medications, and claims that it made him healthy within days. The biggest story here should be that one of the medications he took could be an effective treatment, with more research needed to confirm. Sounds encouraging to me. But apparently a news station sticking to just facts is expecting to much...

Nah. The biggest story should be that the research has already been done and it has found that vaccines are extremely safe and effective.....but people like Joe Rogan like to cast doubt on those facts because it makes them money....

• Cheers 3

36 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If I drink a sixer and recover from Covid, should I tell people that beer was helpful and we need to be researching the efficacy of beer as a treatment?

• Cheers 3

28 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I mean if we're talking about the degrees of how much worst they are, yes Fox would be worst then CNN but both of them are just so bad and manipulative in the way they cover the news and also WHICH news they decide to cover.  I have formed an opinion in the last 10 years that it's better to not know anything about a subject then to be misinformed.  

I've seen Rogan described as a caveman that took an interest in intellectual pursuits and it's actually quite accurate haha 

Anyways I haven't really listened to his podcast much at all since it's first month or two of existence.  I did look up his episode with Elon Musk as it was a very interesting listen.  Rogan has always been a little bit too simple minded for my taste and I really thought that he should've stuck more to covering MMA and paraphernalia. 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nah. The biggest story should be that the research has already been done and it has found that vaccines are extremely safe and effective.....but people like Joe Rogan like to cast doubt on those facts because it makes them money....

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

If I drink a sixer and recover from Covid, should I tell people that beer was helpful and we need to be researching the efficacy of beer as a treatment?

This is all true and that's a good example King Heffy.  Again the only reason that I brought this up was not to talk about Ivermectin but rather how CNN covered this story.  

We are all plugged into news and social media 24/7, or at least 16/7 if you have a full time job where you're not on your phone constantly.  

I think it's important to realize how everyone's view and opinion is being shaped. 

On the subject of money being made, it's in CNN's court as Pfizer is one of their main financial sponsors.  Joe Rogan isn't being sponsored by the maker of this general drug without a patent.  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

This is all true and that's a good example King Heffy.  Again the only reason that I brought this up was not to talk about Ivermectin but rather how CNN covered this story.  

We are all plugged into news and social media 24/7, or at least 16/7 if you have a full time job where you're not on your phone constantly.  

I think it's important to realize how everyone's view and opinion is being shaped. 

On the subject of money being made, it's in CNN's court as Pfizer is one of their main financial sponsors.  Joe Rogan isn't being sponsored by the maker of this general drug without a patent.  

No, he is paid by Spotify, because there are a lot of listeners who tune in to have their biases confirmed by someone with a huge platform. Same reason people listen to Tucker Carlson lying incessantly on Faux.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No, he is paid by Spotify, because there are a lot of listeners who tune in to have their biases confirmed by someone with a huge platform. Same reason people listen to Tucker Carlson lying incessantly on Faux.....

That's not logical.  

CNN has a money incentive to promote and spin a story one way due to Pfizer being a very important financial backer for them and the issue at hand being drug related.  

What slant/spin/incentive would Spotify provide?  They don't have a horse in the race (pun intended) when it comes to this discussion. 

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This doesn't question vaccine research. This is about having treatments available for anyone that catches covid. This includes vaccinated. It always seems to be argued as one or the other, which doesn't make much sense. If what Rogan took was helpful, that should be researched, not mocked.

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rogan says he was prescribed it from a doctor. He didn't just use a household item at random.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And the same reason people tune in to CNN ;)

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Rogan says he was prescribed it from a doctor. He didn't just use a household item at random.

I could easily get some quack to prescribe weed for Covid. Should we now be doing research as to the efficacy of that?

Correlation does not mean causation.

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 2

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I mean if we're talking about the degrees of how much worst they are, yes Fox would be worst then CNN but both of them are just so bad and manipulative in the way they cover the news and also WHICH news they decide to cover.  I have formed an opinion in the last 10 years that it's better to not know anything about a subject then to be misinformed.  

I've seen Rogan described as a caveman that took an interest in intellectual pursuits and it's actually quite accurate haha 

Anyways I haven't really listened to his podcast much at all since it's first month or two of existence.  I did look up his episode with Elon Musk as it was a very interesting listen.  Rogan has always been a little bit too simple minded for my taste and I really thought that he should've stuck more to covering MMA and paraphernalia. 

What's that saying, "if you don't watch the news, you're uninformed. If you watch the news, you're misinformed"?

Rogan shouldn't be considered a source of trustworthy news. However, a story involving him should be told by him, without any twisting by some network.

Best to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

15 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That's not logical.  

CNN has a money incentive to promote and spin a story one way due to Pfizer being a very important financial backer for them and the issue at hand being drug related.  

What slant/spin/incentive would Spotify provide?  They don't have a horse in the race (pun intended) when it comes to this discussion. 

Because controversial commentary drives listeners. Do you think people would tune in to hear Rogan talk about how he took the vaccine and everything is all good? The listeners are people who want to hear him stir the pot and to hell with whether he's spreading disinformation or not.

Exactly as Faux news does with their false claims of election fraud and the Capitol riot being a False Flag.....both groups are telling their audience what they want to hear, rather than the truth, because that's what makes them money.

BTW: I wasn't able to find any information that backs your claim of Pfizer being a major advertiser on CNN. Can you provide a source for that?

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

And the same reason people tune in to CNN ;)

Meh. Get back to me when you can show me two CNN anchors who appeared a political rally for the Democrats.....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-fox-news-hannity-trump-rally-20181105-story.html

People keep trying to make the case that CNN is as bad as Fox, but it just isn't true....

• Vintage 2

Meh. Get back to me when you can show me two CNN anchors who appeared a political rally for the Democrats.....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-fox-news-hannity-trump-rally-20181105-story.html

People keep trying to make the case that CNN is as bad as Fox, but it just isn't true....

Faux news has a Muchmuch videoDJ as a anchor:

:lol:

Why would I do that? That has no bearing on CNN and how they twist stories. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: I wasn't able to find any information that backs your claim of Pfizer being a major advertiser on CNN. Can you provide a source for that?

I vowed to stay away from this topic but couldn't help myself after seeing all the hate directed at Hamonic over the last month.  

This is a guy that was called an idiot, a selfish imbecile, and told to go die in Manitoba with all the other unvaccinated people 

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think you are just repeating all the talking points from CNN. 

Why would I know what ivermectin is? 

I couldn't care less about medicine, my point is how much twisting of the words there was with CNN and the way they covered that story. 

I haven't even seen anything on CNN about it. Why wouldn't you know what ivermectin is? It's only been brought up in this thread and on the news for the last 6 months ad nauseam. Usually when I form opinions I make sure I have at least some knowledge about what I am arguing, but you do you. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I haven't even seen anything on CNN about it. Why wouldn't you know what ivermectin is? It's only been brought up in this thread and on the news for the last 6 months ad nauseam. Usually when I form opinions I make sure I have at least some knowledge about what I am arguing, but you do you. 

I have not read 1836 x 20 = 36,720 posts of this thread.  

Must've missed it. 

I don't care about it's use with Covid, vaccines have been developed for a reason.  Drug is prescribed and administered to humans according to FDA but CNN kept referring to it as a horse dewormer, that was the point.