The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/man-dies-two-weeks-after-sharing-video-boasting-about-covid-19-symptoms-but-saying-virus-wasnt-real/ar-AAQmL2c?li=AAgfYrC

image.png.f6bc45894e108abf3cca9707637d2deb.png

revealed he had recently taken ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication that has been promoted in conservative circles as a treatment for Covid-19 despite a lack of conclusive evidence that it helps people with the virus.

Died worm free…is that what they want freedom from?  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Friday, Nov. 5, 2021, 90.2% (4,179,061) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.7% (3,973,745) have received their second dose.

In addition, 90.6% (3,917,869) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.3% (3,733,309) have received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 549 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 208,265 cases in the province.

There are 4,483 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 201,267 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 441 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

The new/active cases include:

• 184 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 1,903
  • 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 601
  • 110 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 686
  • 102 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 627
  • 73 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 605
  • two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 61

In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,201.

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health). The outbreak at West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 37 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
  • Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
  • Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
  • Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health);
  • Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
  • Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)

assisted or independent living:

• Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park and Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health).

There have been two new outbreaks at King's Christian School and Vernon Christian School (Interior Health).

From Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.3% of cases.
From Oct. 21 to Nov. 3, they accounted for 71.1% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3) – Total 3,366

• Not vaccinated: 2,017 (59.9%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 181 (5.4%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,168 (34.7%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3) – Total 456

• Not vaccinated: 294 (64.5%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 30 (6.6%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 132 (28.9%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3)

• Not vaccinated: 254.8
  • Partially vaccinated: 62.3
  • Fully vaccinated: 27.0

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3)

• Not vaccinated: 56.9
  • Partially vaccinated: 16.0
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.9

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,311,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0069-002115

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spur1 said:

All about cult control. Just like Trump they need to keep those donations rolling in. 

that part I get. Pass the plate and all that.

Its more about anti-science and medicine as part of Christian beliefs... there's nothing in there that asks for that at all, so I don't get how powerful those ideas have become.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Friday, Nov. 5, 2021, 90.2% (4,179,061) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.7% (3,973,745) have received their second dose.

In addition, 90.6% (3,917,869) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.3% (3,733,309) have received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 549 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 208,265 cases in the province.

There are 4,483 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 201,267 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 441 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

The new/active cases include:

• 184 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 1,903
  • 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 601
  • 110 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 686
  • 102 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 627
  • 73 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 605
  • two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 61

In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,201.

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health). The outbreak at West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 37 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
  • Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
  • Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
  • Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health);
  • Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
  • Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)

assisted or independent living:

• Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park and Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health).

There have been two new outbreaks at King's Christian School and Vernon Christian School (Interior Health).

From Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.3% of cases.
From Oct. 21 to Nov. 3, they accounted for 71.1% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3) – Total 3,366

• Not vaccinated: 2,017 (59.9%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 181 (5.4%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,168 (34.7%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3) – Total 456

• Not vaccinated: 294 (64.5%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 30 (6.6%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 132 (28.9%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3)

• Not vaccinated: 254.8
  • Partially vaccinated: 62.3
  • Fully vaccinated: 27.0

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3)

• Not vaccinated: 56.9
  • Partially vaccinated: 16.0
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.9

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,311,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0069-002115

I wonder about the yo-yo effect we're seeing.  One or two days of lower numbers followed by large increases of 100+ or more for days on end from those low areas.

With winter coming, restrictions being rescinded and the 10% staunchly in their camp and refusing to move or get a shot

Will we see a rampant increase again, or will we see it relegated to those unvaccinated specifically

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

that part I get. Pass the plate and all that.

Its more about anti-science and medicine as part of Christian beliefs... there's nothing in there that asks for that at all, so I don't get how powerful those ideas have become.

That’s why I call it a cult. 

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/man-dies-two-weeks-after-sharing-video-boasting-about-covid-19-symptoms-but-saying-virus-wasnt-real/ar-AAQmL2c?li=AAgfYrC

image.png.f6bc45894e108abf3cca9707637d2deb.png

revealed he had recently taken ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication that has been promoted in conservative circles as a treatment for Covid-19 despite a lack of conclusive evidence that it helps people with the virus.

Good, that prick deserved it months ago.

• Vintage 3

More on Aaron Rodgers:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/fact-checking-aaron-rodgers-bizarre-covid-beliefs-and-woke-mob-claim-made-on-pat-mcafee-show/ar-AAQmTU6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Aaron Rodgers has come under fire recently after testing positive for COVID-19 despite previous claims that he was "immunized," only to find out that did not mean vaccinated. On Friday, he started firing back.

Speaking on "The Pat McAfee Show," Rodgers said that he is "in the crosshairs of the woke mob" and that "before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket," he wanted to clear up some of the "blatant lies out there." He said that he did not lie during his Aug. 27 press conference, when he said he was "immunized," but he said there was a "witch hunt" that was going on to shame people who had not been vaccinated.

Rodgers said that he did not get two of the vaccines because he found he was allergic to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines, and said that when the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was pulled back in mid-April, he decided he would not get that vaccine either.

MORE: Aaron Rodgers' 'immunized' comments bite Packers QB after COVID-19 positive diagnosis

"I'm not some sort of anti-vax flat-earther. I'm somebody who's a critical thinker. I march to the beat of my own drum. I believe strongly in bodily autonomy. Not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or some crazed group of individuals," Rodgers said on the show.

image.png.dd6bac1bbb17db9cf380bc4da8c11c72.png

Aaron Rodgers has come under fire recently after testing positive for COVID-19 despite previous claims that he was "immunized," only to find out that did not mean vaccinated. On Friday, he started firing back.

Speaking on "The Pat McAfee Show," Rodgers said that he is "in the crosshairs of the woke mob" and that "before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket," he wanted to clear up some of the "blatant lies out there." He said that he did not lie during his Aug. 27 press conference, when he said he was "immunized," but he said there was a "witch hunt" that was going on to shame people who had not been vaccinated.

Rodgers said that he did not get two of the vaccines because he found he was allergic to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines, and said that when the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was pulled back in mid-April, he decided he would not get that vaccine either.

MORE: Aaron Rodgers' 'immunized' comments bite Packers QB after COVID-19 positive diagnosis

"I'm not some sort of anti-vax flat-earther. I'm somebody who's a critical thinker. I march to the beat of my own drum. I believe strongly in bodily autonomy. Not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or some crazed group of individuals," Rodgers said on the show.

He referenced blood clotting in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine when it was pulled. According to the CDC, the stoppage was a temporary pause and the FDA green-lit the vaccine to be used again. The blood clots were reportedly in adult women younger than 50, and that it occurs only at a rate of about seven per 1 million vaccinated women, and it is even more rare among older women and all men.

In addition to being allergic to an ingredient in the vaccine and his concern over the J&J vaccine, Rodgers said that he would like to become a father, and that to his knowledge, "there have been no long-term studies around sterility or fertility issues around the vaccines."

Dr. Jennifer Kawwass, a reproductive endocrinologist and associate professor at the Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, told NBC News that there is no evidence that the vaccine can impact fertility.

"There is evidence to suggest that infection with SARS-CoV-2 has the potential to impact both male fertility, female fertility, and certainly the health of a pregnancy of someone infected," Kawwass told NBC News.

Rather than getting the vaccine, Rodgers said that he went through his own immunization protocols that he developed with his medical team. He said the immunization had been around for centuries and doctors had been using it for decades and that it was for adults and children who can't get traditional vaccines. When McAfee asked him to explain what the immunization methods were, Rodgers said that he is going to keep that "between my doctors and myself, but it was a way to stimulate my immune system to create a defense against COVID."

MORE: What's next after Rodgers ruled out vs. Chiefs

He said his medical team was composed of holistic doctors, homeopaths, "Harvard MDs and brilliant people from all over the country."

He previously said that he consulted with a "now-good friend of mine, Joe Rogan," a controversial podcast host, and said that he is following the recommendations from Rogan on how to have "the best immunity possible." He said he is taking monocolonal antibodies, ivermectin, zinc, vitamin C and D, and hydroxychloroquine. 

The FDA has said ivermectin should not be used to prevent or treat COVID-19 in humans or animals, and said it is "only for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea." The FDA also warned against the use of hydroxycholoroquine due to risk of heart rhythm issues.

Now that he has tested positive, Rodgers said that he will build up a natural immunity to it, and that studies have found that "if you've gotten COVID and recovered from it, that that's the best boosted immunity you can have."

The CDC found in a recent study that having the vaccine is better protection from possible reinfection compared to natural immunity from having previously contracted the virus.

Rodgers said the NFL classified him as an unvaccinated individual despite his immunization efforts, and that he appealed the decision. Rodgers said he brought 500 pages of research to the appeal process arguing why he should not be grouped as unvaccinated.

"I think they thought I was a quack," Rodgers said.

MORE: Did NFL know unvaccinated Aaron Rodgers was breaking COVID-19 protocols?

Rodgers complained that the policies by the NFL about handling vaccinated vs. unvaccinated players is "shame-based" and has no scientific backing. He said he is required to be tested daily and that he must wear a mask, even when standing up at the podium talking to the press when he is standing farther away from masked media members.

Rodgers said that he felt there was no science behind the policy that made him wear a mask in a facility where everyone had either been fully vaccinated or previously tested negative.

"It was my opinion that that wasn't rooted in science," Rodgers said. "Every other protocol, I've followed to a T."

McAfee asked Rodgers if he felt an obligation to follow their rules, since he said others would say it is a privilege to get to play in the NFL. Rodgers responded that while he sees both sides of the argument and that the league can put in place its own policies, "I didn't agree to any of them."

"I didn't sign a piece of paper that gave away my rights to live a normal season of life and I felt like I protected myself in a way that not only protected myself and my teammates," Rodgers said. "I've tested over 300 times before finally testing positive. Like I said, it was probably from a vaccinated individual. I don't think that many of the policies are rooted in science."

He compared himself to Martin Luther King Jr., paraphrasing King's original quote, which was "One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsbility to disobey unjust laws."

"The great MLK said you have a moral obligation to object to unjust rules, and rules that make no sense. In my opinion, it makes no sense to me," Rodgers said.

Before the season began, the NFL and NFLPA both agreed on the COVID-19 protocols for the regular season.

Rodgers, who once hosted "Jeopardy!", said that there are two questions he has for the "woke mob": Why are people still getting the coronavirus, spreading it and dying from it if they are vaccinated, and if the vaccine is safe, why the manufacturers of the vaccine have "full immunity"?

The CDC reports that the vaccines protect against severe illness and that breakthrough cases can happen. It says that studies have found unvaccinated people are 6.1 times more likely to be infected and 11.3 times more likely to experience hospitalization or death compared to fully vaccinated individuals.

Edited by gurn
  • Vintage 1

Hillier-confirms his stupidity-again:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ontario-politician-hillier-apologizes-for-covid-19-social-media-post/ar-AAQogUP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

An Independent member of Ontario's legislature has apologized for a post in which he used names and photos of people who had died to suggest without evidence that they had died due to COVID-19 vaccination.

Randy Hillier, who represents Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston, has frequently posted COVID-19 misinformation and conspiracy theories throughout the pandemic.

In one recent social media post, he used an array of photos from news articles about what he believed to be the sudden and unexplained deaths of young people and called on police to investigate links to vaccines.

Family members of some of those people told various media outlets that they were angered by Hillier's post and denied his allegations, while the legislature unanimously passed a motion last month condemning him.

Hillier shared an apology Friday night saying he has removed that post and offering sincere regrets for further distress his actions caused the grieving families.

Public Health Ontario says all deaths following vaccination that are reported to public health units are thoroughly investigated, and it has so far determined in one case that vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia was a cause of death in someone who received the AstraZeneca vaccine.

There are seven other reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination that meet the provincial surveillance definition. In four, the adverse events were found to have possibly contributed to the death but were not the underlying cause, and in the remaining three the vaccine was not a cause of death.

Public Health Ontario says another 30 deaths following COVID-19 vaccination that have been reported to public health units are "persons under investigation." They don't meet the provincial surveillance definition, but investigations are underway.

"Preliminary information suggests that these events occurred in individuals with multiple co-morbidities which may be related to the cause of death," a recent Public Health Ontario report said. "There has been no association with the vaccine identified at this time."

Health officials say the approved vaccines are effective and safe.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 6, 2021.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Hillier-confirms his stupidity-again:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ontario-politician-hillier-apologizes-for-covid-19-social-media-post/ar-AAQogUP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

An Independent member of Ontario's legislature has apologized for a post in which he used names and photos of people who had died to suggest without evidence that they had died due to COVID-19 vaccination.

Randy Hillier, who represents Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston, has frequently posted COVID-19 misinformation and conspiracy theories throughout the pandemic.

In one recent social media post, he used an array of photos from news articles about what he believed to be the sudden and unexplained deaths of young people and called on police to investigate links to vaccines.

Family members of some of those people told various media outlets that they were angered by Hillier's post and denied his allegations, while the legislature unanimously passed a motion last month condemning him.

Hillier shared an apology Friday night saying he has removed that post and offering sincere regrets for further distress his actions caused the grieving families.

Public Health Ontario says all deaths following vaccination that are reported to public health units are thoroughly investigated, and it has so far determined in one case that vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia was a cause of death in someone who received the AstraZeneca vaccine.

There are seven other reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination that meet the provincial surveillance definition. In four, the adverse events were found to have possibly contributed to the death but were not the underlying cause, and in the remaining three the vaccine was not a cause of death.

Public Health Ontario says another 30 deaths following COVID-19 vaccination that have been reported to public health units are "persons under investigation." They don't meet the provincial surveillance definition, but investigations are underway.

"Preliminary information suggests that these events occurred in individuals with multiple co-morbidities which may be related to the cause of death," a recent Public Health Ontario report said. "There has been no association with the vaccine identified at this time."

Health officials say the approved vaccines are effective and safe.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 6, 2021.

its funny when the anit-vaxxer crowd asks everyone else to be reasonable when this is the $&!# they come up with. 

Darn it gurn, stop dividing us with facts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

So Rogers straight up lied about vaccination status but hopes only to get a fine. 
Kane lied and got a quarter of a season. 
Hmmm, wonder what defines the difference in treatment between these two players other than the leagues. 

Kane misrepresented his vaccination status to the team then was caught using fake vaccination credentials.

The Packers were aware of Rodgers' vaccination status. So he never lied to them. Just to everyone else.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1

20 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

So Rogers straight up lied about vaccination status but hopes only to get a fine. 
Kane lied and got a quarter of a season. 
Hmmm, wonder what defines the difference in treatment between these two players other than the leagues. 

League knew Rogers status same with his team and apparently teammates for the most part. Twisted his words to media and fans about "immunized" and what that entailed.

Kane straight up tried to use a fake vaccine card to the league, didn't even try and do a Bertuzzi and say he didn't want to get vaccinated and not play the Canada games, straight up tried to falsify straight to the team and league.  

1 hour ago, Russ said:

League knew Rogers status same with his team and apparently teammates for the most part. Twisted his words to media and fans about "immunized" and what that entailed.

Kane straight up tried to use a fake vaccine card to the league, didn't even try and do a Bertuzzi and say he didn't want to get vaccinated and not play the Canada games, straight up tried to falsify straight to the team and league.  

Rogers is a flat earther, horse wormer eating, bleach huffing friggin’ idiot.  Sadly, there are others in backwoods Maskchinia who follow this moron.  

Unvaccinated in BC are 50 times more likely to be hospitalized because of Covid than the vaccinated.  These Rogers types are driving the pandemic bus.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

I hope the Packers back up QB plays great today and Aaron Rodgers never plays again.

It probably literally makes no difference to him. He’s won a Super Bowl, he’s made 263 million in his career. And he’s guaranteed another 98 million on his current contract, even if he NEVER plays another game. 

Do you honestly think that a small market team is going to sit out a guy over something as stupid as a vaccine and still pay him 98 million? If they felt that strong about it, they’d trade him and there would be 20-25 teams lining up to try and acquire him. 

The difference between Canada and America is that in America 50% of the people still believe in freedom of choice. In Canada you’d better believe what the news and government tells you to. 

• Wat 6