The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

It probably literally makes no difference to him. He’s won a Super Bowl, he’s made 263 million in his career. And he’s guaranteed another 98 million on his current contract, even if he NEVER plays another game. 

Do you honestly think that a small market team is going to sit out a guy over something as stupid as a vaccine and still pay him 98 million? If they felt that strong about it, they’d trade him and there would be 20-25 teams lining up to try and acquire him. 

The difference between Canada and America is that in America 50% of the people still believe in freedom of choice. In Canada you’d better believe what the news and government tells you to. 

What about the freedom of choice to avoid having to be around people who have voluntarily turned themselves into walking biohazards due to their own stupidity like Rodgers?  Trade deadline is over and Love will be taking over next year.  I'd absolutely tell this idiot he won't play another snap and see how the kid does. 

• Vintage 3

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I, for one hope this guys legacy crashes and burns to the ground. A BIG FU Aaron Rodgers!

Yup, I can't stand people like this. I used to really respect him but I hope he gets traded and misses the playoffs until he retires and fades into obscurity. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

The back up QB is not having a good game, Packers are down 13-0 with 7:42 to go

And Rogers is still a complete idiot, who takes horse dewormer because (you know) he’s edumacated.  Justice would be families of people who died from Covid because they listened to this idiot file a class action suit and take his last friggin’ penny.  

• Vintage 1

German COVID-19 worries continue as virus incidence rate soars to a record

Mon 8 Nov 2021 06:24:54 GMT

The 7-day incidence rate shoots up to 201.1, surpassing the previous high of 197.6 seen in 22 December 2020

Germany
The virus trend in Germany isn't getting any better, with there being over 300,000 active cases now as compared to the ~220,000 last week.

The surge in the 7-day incidence rate (new infections per 100,000 persons over the last seven days) is arguably the key statistic as it reaffirms a worsening trend and one that local authorities are growing increasingly worried about.

As noted in the above posts, hospitals are still managing to cope for now but if things continue down this path going into winter, some light restrictions may be needed.

This is one to keep an eye out for especially more so since it concerns Europe's biggest economy - one that is also facing surging inflation pressures.
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

The difference between Canada and America is that in America 50% of the people still believe in freedom of choice. In Canada you’d better believe what the news and government tells you to. 

You seem to like numbers, so here are some.

US population is about 9x higher than Canada's.  Their COVID deaths are 26x higher.   Seems that some of those choices may be proving to be bad ones.

Add Mike Fisher to the dumbass club too.  And no one's depriving anyone of their freedom of choice.  Everyone can choose to have the vaccine or not.  But others ALSO get to make choices based on those decisions.  Seems fair to me.

Anyhow, I kind of like how SNL and this article lay it all out there.  

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-aaron-rodgers-anti-vaxxer-20211105-touux5m2ibdkdl5yppmgmwmav4-story.html

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

You seem to like numbers, so here are some.

US population is about 9x higher than Canada's.  Their COVID deaths are 26x higher.   Seems that some of those choices may be proving to be bad ones.

Add Mike Fisher to the dumbass club too.  And no one's depriving anyone of their freedom of choice.  Everyone can choose to have the vaccine or not.  But others ALSO get to make choices based on those decisions.  Seems fair to me.

Anyhow, I kind of like how SNL and this article lay it all out there.  

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-aaron-rodgers-anti-vaxxer-20211105-touux5m2ibdkdl5yppmgmwmav4-story.html

I concour.

21 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

yup freedom to have worse health care, even in the face of undeniable poorer outcomes than most of the G20.

But sure, freedoms.

Edited by JM_
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

German COVID-19 worries continue as virus incidence rate soars to a record

Mon 8 Nov 2021 06:24:54 GMT

The 7-day incidence rate shoots up to 201.1, surpassing the previous high of 197.6 seen in 22 December 2020

Germany
The virus trend in Germany isn't getting any better, with there being over 300,000 active cases now as compared to the ~220,000 last week.

The surge in the 7-day incidence rate (new infections per 100,000 persons over the last seven days) is arguably the key statistic as it reaffirms a worsening trend and one that local authorities are growing increasingly worried about.

As noted in the above posts, hospitals are still managing to cope for now but if things continue down this path going into winter, some light restrictions may be needed.

This is one to keep an eye out for especially more so since it concerns Europe's biggest economy - one that is also facing surging inflation pressures.

amazing that someone in Victoria, BC posts COVID 19 cases, incidence rates and death on CDC. Germany has a high vaccinate rate which is above 80%. Problem currently is that even fully vaccinated people get COVID - that's the most concerning part of this story.