The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

WHO reporting Africa at this rate will only achieve 70% double vaccinated rated by end of 2024. And at that same rate you'll be on booster #6, 7, or 8 depending on when you received the initial two shots. 

So are you...anti booster or anti shot or?

Hi all, im new to this forum and am a little concerned 

I don't identify as left or right wing (although I did vote liberal in the last few elections) This has nothing to do with politics

I work for the hospital and have received my two does of moderna without issue and was convinced that the vaccines were "safe and effective".

Looking back at the last 6 months or so there are a few things that don't add up.

For one, I know personally know more people that have had adverse reactions to the jab than people who have even caught covid, let alone died or were hospitalized

Here's the list I've complied:

• A good friend in her early forties developed myocarditis right after her 2nd jab and is still recovering months later. 
  • My sisters good friend developed gillian barres syndrome 2 weeks after her 2nd jab. She was in a wheelchair for a couple weeks and is luckily walking again now
  • My brother in-laws boss had a heart attack and died unexpectedly a week after his second jab 
  • My brother in laws nephew got the jab at 12 years of age last week. He fell unconscious within 10 minutes after the jab. 2 days later he was having a haircut and fell unconscious again. they suspect heart issues. 

I realize this is all hearsay, but its very real in my world. Perhaps all these events are coincidence but that seems unlikely. 

My question is this, does anybody else on here have similar stories? 

• Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 2

5 minutes ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

I don't identify as left or right wing (although I did vote liberal in the last few elections) This has nothing to do with politics

I work for the hospital and have received my two does of moderna without issue and was convinced that the vaccines were "safe and effective".

Looking back at the last 6 months or so there are a few things that don't add up.

For one, I know personally know more people that have had adverse reactions to the jab than people who have even caught covid, let alone died or were hospitalized

• A good friend in her early forties developed myocarditis right after her 2nd jab and is still recovering months later. 
  • My sisters good friend developed gillian barres syndrome 2 weeks after her 2nd jab. She was in a wheelchair for a couple weeks and is luckily walking again now
  • My brother in-laws boss had a heart attack and died unexpectedly a week after his second jab 
  • My brother in laws nephew got the jab at 12 years of age last week. He fell unconscious within 10 minutes after the jab. 2 days later he was having a haircut and fell unconscious again. they suspect heart issues. 

I realize this is all hearsay, but its very real in my world. Perhaps all these events are coincidence but that seems unlikely. 

You work for the hospital and know more people that have had adverse reactions to the vax than even caught covid? that doesn't seem right.

I have had 5 family members get covid, 4 last year and 1 just recently. 

Only know two people that haven't got the jab. Haven't heard about any issues other than mild symptoms after the shot. For me, Moderna put me in bed for a day both times with aches etc.

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

NO I DON'T have similar stories. Everyone in my age group, 65 to into their 80's have all had vaccines, with headaches and chills being the only adverse reaction. I personally didn't have any with my first two (Pfizer), but had a slight headache twenty four hours after the booster shot (Moderna). I'll go with shot, not the heresay!

Edited by johngould21
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You work for the hospital and know more people that have had adverse reactions to the vax than even caught covid? that doesn't seem right.

I have had 5 family members get covid, 4 last year and 1 just recently. 

Only know two people that haven't got the jab. Haven't heard about any issues other than mild symptoms after the shot. For me, Moderna put me in bed for a day both times with aches etc.

Yes, I work on Vancouver Island. Mostly renovation type work and have been able to work from home a descent amount since covid started. 

I know of 2 people that caught covid, one was an 70 year old contractor who recovered in a few weeks the other was a family friend out in Montreal. Both mild cases

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Does anyone else feel like we're back in March 2020?

Because it sounds like the new variant is easier to spread, and it has symptoms more in common with the cold and flu. Is that because it's more common symptoms with a cold and flu, that people are disregarding it? Medical researchers are still trying to get a handle on it. Ugh. We will probably be back in lockdown by Jan 2nd. 

27 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because it sounds like the new variant is easier to spread, and it has symptoms more in common with the cold and flu. Is that because it's more common symptoms with a cold and flu, that people are disregarding it? Medical researchers are still trying to get a handle on it. Ugh. We will probably be back in lockdown by Jan 2nd. 

I just have a nagging feeling that's what's going to happen.  They aren't truly going to know the severity of it for a couple of weeks, at least, and I hope they take the more cautious approach until they can be sure of how severe a disease it's going to bring.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

Yes, I work on Vancouver Island. Mostly renovation type work and have been able to work from home a descent amount since covid started. 

I know of 2 people that caught covid, one was an 70 year old contractor who recovered in a few weeks the other was a family friend out in Montreal. Both mild cases

Okay, you do realise by claiming you work for the hospital, you can aversely claiming you have knowledge as a nurse or a doctor. To suddenly say you are in renovations is showing you to be a fraud.

Good opinion or bad opinion, you now strike me as an extremely dishonest person.

1 hour ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

Love how there is always a long list of anecdotal evidence to support the claim that the vaccines are dangerous.  Yet, there are literally 2 Edmonton Oilers players who are out due to complications after having Covid.  Those complications, Myocarditis.  Add to that Sutter being out too.   Nope, its the vaccines that are the issue.

Except, we can provide more than anecdotal evidence.  Here is an article for NATURE on the subject as well as a study from Israel published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02740-y

Heart-inflammation risk from Pfizer COVID vaccine is very low

Two studies from Israel quantify the risk of myocarditis following the Pfizer–BioNTech shot, with one suggesting the chance of developing the condition is about one in 50,000.

Myocarditis after Covid-19 Vaccination in a Large Health Care Organization

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110737#article_citing_articles

• Vintage 1

Merck's antiviral for Covid didn't have great results, but Pfizers "apparently" does.  Let's hope this pans out and adds to the toolbox going forward.  Let's also hope that 2022 is the light at the end of the tunnel.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/14/pfizer-says-covid-19-pill-near-90percent-effective-in-final-analysis-.html

Pfizer says Covid-19 pill near 90% effective in final analysis

• Pfizer on Tuesday said final analysis of its antiviral Covid-19 pill still showed near 90% efficacy in preventing hospitalizations and deaths in high-risk patients.
  • Recent lab data suggests the drug retains its effectiveness against the fast-spreading omicron variant of the coronavirus.
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

Hey,  I'll add this one.

In summary, this population-based study quantifies for the first time the risk of several rare cardiac adverse events associated with three COVID-19 vaccines as well as SARS-CoV-2 infection. Vaccination for SARS-CoV-2 in adults was associated with a small increase in the risk of myocarditis within a week of receiving the first dose of both adenovirus and mRNA vaccines, and after the second dose of both mRNA vaccines. By contrast, SARS-CoV-2 infection was associated with a substantial increase in the risk of hospitalization or death from myocarditis, pericarditis and cardiac arrhythmia.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0)

Risks of myocarditis, pericarditis, and cardiac arrhythmias associated with COVID-19 vaccination or SARS-CoV-2 infection

Abstract

Although myocarditis and pericarditis were not observed as adverse events in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine trials, there have been numerous reports of suspected cases following vaccination in the general population. We undertook a self-controlled case series study of people aged 16 or older vaccinated for COVID-19 in England between 1 December 2020 and 24 August 2021 to investigate hospital admission or death from myocarditis, pericarditis and cardiac arrhythmias in the 1–28 days following adenovirus (ChAdOx1, n = 20,615,911) or messenger RNA-based (BNT162b2, n = 16,993,389; mRNA-1273, n = 1,006,191) vaccines or a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) positive test (n = 3,028,867). We found increased risks of myocarditis associated with the first dose of ChAdOx1 and BNT162b2 vaccines and the first and second doses of the mRNA-1273 vaccine over the 1–28 days postvaccination period, and after a SARS-CoV-2 positive test. We estimated an extra two (95% confidence interval (CI) 0, 3), one (95% CI 0, 2) and six (95% CI 2, 8) myocarditis events per 1 million people vaccinated with ChAdOx1, BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, respectively, in the 28 days following a first dose and an extra ten (95% CI 7, 11) myocarditis events per 1 million vaccinated in the 28 days after a second dose of mRNA-1273. This compares with an extra 40 (95% CI 38, 41) myocarditis events per 1 million patients in the 28 days following a SARS-CoV-2 positive test. We also observed increased risks of pericarditis and cardiac arrhythmias following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test. Similar associations were not observed with any of the COVID-19 vaccines, apart from an increased risk of arrhythmia following a second dose of mRNA-1273. Subgroup analyses by age showed the increased risk of myocarditis associated with the two mRNA vaccines was present only in those younger than 40.

Fig. 2: Number of excess events due to exposure per 1 million exposed, as reported in Supplementary Table 10.

From: Risks of myocarditis, pericarditis, and cardiac arrhythmias associated with COVID-19 vaccination or SARS-CoV-2 infection

Fig. 2

• Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

and there's the problem

I used to think like that, but I don't know. I have a neighbour who hasn't vaxxed, but 2 of his relatives died shortly after getting vaxxed.

Should he be blamed for not getting vaxxed at that point? He's not anti-vaxxed or anything, it's just a blood relative issue.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I used to think like that, but I don't know. I have a neighbour who hasn't vaxxed, but 2 of his relatives died shortly after getting vaxxed.

Should he be blamed for not getting vaxxed at that point? He's not anti-vaxxed or anything, it's just a blood relative issue.

should he blamed for the deaths?  Not unless he infected them directly, or even indirectly.  Should he feel like an ahole for not stepping up to help keep his community safe?  Absolutely 100%

• Vintage 1