The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

should he blamed for the deaths?  Not unless he infected them directly, or even indirectly.  Should he feel like an ahole for not stepping up to help keep his community safe?  Absolutely 100%

I didn't ask if he should be blamed for the deaths. I don't quite know where you got that from in my statement.

If you were being told to take a vaccine that has a chance of killing you based on what you know from what happened to your relatives, would you take it and accept dying? Keep in mind, my neighbour wears a mask and does every other precaution out there. He stays at home when he can as well. He is literally doing is best to help keep the community safe, just not through vaccination.

I get wanting to be on a soap box here, but there's a grey area. You are literally telling my neighbour to die right now through your words and calling him an a-hole for not wanting to die. Perhaps that's not intentional, but that's how it's coming across. There has to be a point where we can at least say "it's okay, let's not tell someone to go potentially die".

Edited by The Lock

27 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Okay, you do realise by claiming you work for the hospital, you can aversely claiming you have knowledge as a nurse or a doctor. To suddenly say you are in renovations is showing you to be a fraud.

Good opinion or bad opinion, you now strike me as an extremely dishonest person.

Im not understanding how I am a fraud and being dishonest.

To be more clear, I work for the hospital from home and coordinate most of the work from home. Phone calls, emails the such.

Im not claiming to be a doctor nor a nurse, just that I have known more people to fall ill from the jab then from actual Covid.

You would think because I work for the Hospital I would know more people who have caught covid, but this is just not the case.

Besides all that, why would I lie? What would be the benefit for me to make this up? 

1 minute ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

To be more clear, I work for the hospital from home and coordinate most of the work from home. Phone calls, emails the such.

Im not claiming to be a doctor nor a nurse, just that I have known more people to fall ill from the jab then from actual Covid.

You would think because I work for the Hospital I would know more people who have caught covid, but this is just not the case.

Besides all that, why would I lie? What would be the benefit for me to make this up? 

But the way you worded things, you did make it sound like you were a doctor or a nurse by not disclosing your actual title and what you did right away. This is a tactic used by people who want to make it seem like they have more creditability than they actually have.

As far as why would you lie? I don't know you. For all I know you could lie on the internet all the time. People often lie to make them "sound more legit" or if they don't have a solid argument. It happens all the time. If you expect us to think you're honest, it's up to you do prove that honestly. No one's going to take your word for it.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I didn't ask if he should be blamed for the deaths. I don't quite know where you got that from in my statement.

If you were being told to take a vaccine that has a chance of killing you based on what you know from what happened to your relatives, would you take it and accept dying? Keep in mind, my neighbour wears a mask and does every other precaution out there. He stays at home when he can as well. He is literally doing is best to help keep the community safe, just not through vaccination.

I get wanting to be on a soap box here, but there's a grey area. You are literally telling my neighbour to die right now through your words. There has to be a point where we can at least say "it's okay, let's not tell someone to go potentially die".

you're saying these people died form the vaccine or from covid?

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

so you don't actually have a problem with the bolded, okay, good

I don't think people should be forced, no.  But I do think the mandate needs to be far more restrictive, that's for sure.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

and where was this?  Can you link to a media source on this as I'm sure it was news in that area.

There's not going to be a source on that realistically. They both died within 2 weeks of getting the vaccine and not from covid. That's what I know.

You have to admit, no matter if it was the vaccine or not, it's pretty suspicious at that point. Imagine you're finding out about this and told to take the vaccine.

I know you're now going to turn around and say "oh no source, didn't happen". It's what you do to dismiss anything against what you believe, but put yourself in his shoes for one minute without the idealisms.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think people should be forced, no.  But I do think the mandate needs to be far more restrictive, that's for sure.

I Will say, I am enjoying the irony of the "it's only those that are at risk who should be locked down" freaking out over being locked down because they are the ones most at risk

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Ogopogo_is_real said:

This is more a place for talking points and less for debating, I've noticed.

You can find some facts on CBC but they got their own narrative to follow so its kind of a 'pick your poison' type thing.

Good luck, and stay safe.  

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think people should be forced to sit there and get vaccinated either. I think a system of secretly darting them would be far better, maybe even more fun! ;)

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1