The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Sure. But that doesn't mean they are the source of it. And they certainly couldn't have brought it here or to any other country requiring verification of shots.

But they sure as hell provided a lot of hosts for the virus to mutate.    We're going to continue to get variants like this until we get the developing world vaccinated.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

And they certainly couldn't have brought it here or to any other country requiring verification of shots.

False. People that have been vaccinated still can catch covid. This is well know, where have you been?

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

But they sure as hell provided a lot of hosts for the virus to mutate.    We're going to continue to get variants like this until we get the developing world vaccinated.

Which is what I've been hammering at for about the last 300 pages now about vaccine patents and everything else deemed secondary to maximizing profits. Did this actually originate in SA or is it not entirely sure yet? Because a common misconception is the delta originated the UK

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Which is what I've been hammering at for about the last 300 pages now about vaccine patents and everything else deemed secondary to maximizing profits. Did this actually originate in SA or is it not entirely sure yet? Because a common misconception is the delta originated the UK

It's a valid concern, but South Africa's poor vaccination rate is mostly due to hesitancy instead of supply issues.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That's what I said. Unvaccinated people couldn't have brought it here because they're not welcomed here

This is from the changes that were to come in effect today.  Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated people can and did enter Canada.  Soooooo Saying that our cases of Omicron is solely due to vaccinated people is not entirely accurate.  You're also ignoring people who are ineligible to get vaccinated, like under 12's for until recently.  

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/11/adjustments-to-canadas-border-and-travel-measures.html

Unless exempt, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers eligible to enter Canada will be required to:

• have proof of a negative molecular pre-entry test taken no more than 72 hours before their flight’s initial scheduled departure time or arrival at the land border, or a previous positive COVID-19 molecular test taken within 10 and 180 days before arrival;
  • complete arrival (day 1) and post-arrival (day 8) testing;
  • quarantine for 14 days in a suitable place; and
  • submit all of the information above in ArriveCAN via the free mobile app or website.

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021, 84.8% (4,225,218) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (4,069,988) have received their second dose.

In addition, 91.1% (4,224,201) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 87.8% (4,069,967) received their second dose, and 10% (418,428) have received a third dose.

Also, 91.5% (3,958,775) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, and 88.3% (3,820,698) have received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 358 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked case, for a total of 218,426 cases in the province.

There are 2,889 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 213,053 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 300 individuals are in hospital and 104 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

The new/active cases include:

• 107 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 1,018
  • 53 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 443
  • 85 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 552
  • 56 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 337
  • 57 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 539
  • no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: zero

In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,333.

There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
  • Peace Villa (Northern Health).

acute care:

• Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
  • St. Paul's Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health).

assisted or independent living:

• Laurier Manor (Northern Health).

From Nov. 22-28, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.2% of cases.

From Nov. 15-28, they accounted for 65.9% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Nov. 22-28) – Total 2,342

• Not vaccinated: 1,269 (54.2%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 93 (4.0%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 980 (41.8%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 15-28) – Total 223

• Not vaccinated: 135 (60.5%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 12 (5.4%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 76 (34.1%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 22-28)    

• Not vaccinated: 173.2
  • Partially vaccinated: 41.8
  • Fully vaccinated: 21.9

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 15-28)

• Not vaccinated: 28.6
  • Partially vaccinated: 8.3
  • Fully vaccinated: 1.7

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,688,112 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0075-002290

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As of Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021, 84.8% (4,225,218) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (4,069,988) have received their second dose.

The number of people 5 and older that are vaxxed, is impressive, given how recently the 5 and up crowd got approved. 

Interesting fact about the Omicron variant.

Up until now, they had been naming the variants after the letters in the Greek alphabet and in correct order. However, they skipped over 2 letters when naming the Omicron variant. Nu is a "whatever"....maybe they didn't want it sounding too much like "new".....

Still, skipping Xi, is another matter. Maybe that hits a little too close to home?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Interesting fact about the Omicron variant.

Up until now, they had been naming the variants after the letters in the Greek alphabet and in correct order. However, they skipped over 2 letters when naming the Omicron variant. Nu is a "whatever"....maybe they didn't want it sounding too much like "new".....

Still, skipping Xi, is another matter. Maybe that hits a little too close to home?

Alf doesn’t understand the Xi bit.  What’s wrong with Xi?  Why not used?   Dumb Alf :picard:

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf doesn’t understand the Xi bit.  What’s wrong with Xi?  Why not used?   Dumb Alf :picard:

It is the name of the leader of China, so bad etiquette right there; and it could get the conspiracy theory of the virus being created and released in China going again.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Another 'Herman Cain " award winner:

https://news.yahoo.com/anti-vaccine-televangelist-marcus-lamb-141723991.html

Marcus Lamb, the founder and president of the controversial, conservative outlet Daystar Television Network, has died after a battle with COVID-19, his network and family announced on Tuesday. He was 64.

"It's with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning," the network tweeted on Tuesday. "The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss."

Lamb's son Jonathan and his wife Joni confirmed the news in a Daystar broadcast on Tuesday, saying that he had died at around 4 a.m.

It’s with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning. The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss. Please continue to lift them up in prayer. pic.twitter.com/EVujL8zotG

— Daystar Television (@Daystar) November 30, 2021

"He was diagnosed with COVID and then got the COVID pneumonia. But he had pre-existing conditions," Joni said. "He had diabetes, but he kept it in check."

She said that they attempted numerous "protocols," including unproven ones that the organization has touted on their broadcasts, but that they did not work. His heart eventually gave out, she added.

"It caused his blood sugar to spike and a decrease in his oxygen," she said. "He 100% believed in everything that we've talked about here on Daystar... we still stand by that, obviously."

"His life was truly well-lived and there's no doubt that he heard 'well done my good and faithful servant' when he entered heaven's gates," Jonathan Lamb tweeted, along with photos of him and his father. "I'm going to really miss Dad. We golfed together every week for the past 15 years. He impacted me by demonstrating a righteous way to live and helped me become the man I am today."

• Marcus Lamb
  • Joni Lamb
Li Cohen
Wed, December 1, 2021, 9:17 AM·3 min read

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Marcus Lamb
    Televangelist, founder Daystar Television Network
  • Joni Lamb
    American television evangelist

Marcus Lamb of the Daystar Christian network. / Credit: Daystar Television Network

Marcus Lamb of the Daystar Christian network. / Credit: Daystar Television Network

Marcus Lamb, the founder and president of the controversial, conservative outlet Daystar Television Network, has died after a battle with COVID-19, his network and family announced on Tuesday. He was 64.

"It's with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning," the network tweeted on Tuesday. "The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss."

Lamb's son Jonathan and his wife Joni confirmed the news in a Daystar broadcast on Tuesday, saying that he had died at around 4 a.m.

It’s with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning. The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss. Please continue to lift them up in prayer. pic.twitter.com/EVujL8zotG

"He was diagnosed with COVID and then got the COVID pneumonia. But he had pre-existing conditions," Joni said. "He had diabetes, but he kept it in check."

She said that they attempted numerous "protocols," including unproven ones that the organization has touted on their broadcasts, but that they did not work. His heart eventually gave out, she added.

"It caused his blood sugar to spike and a decrease in his oxygen," she said. "He 100% believed in everything that we've talked about here on Daystar... we still stand by that, obviously."

"His life was truly well-lived and there's no doubt that he heard 'well done my good and faithful servant' when he entered heaven's gates," Jonathan Lamb tweeted, along with photos of him and his father. "I'm going to really miss Dad. We golfed together every week for the past 15 years. He impacted me by demonstrating a righteous way to live and helped me become the man I am today."

I’m at a loss for words today. My father was promoted to heaven at 4am this morning. His life was truly well-lived and there’s no doubt that he heard “well done my good and faithful servant” when he entered heaven’s gates. pic.twitter.com/1Imcz4VxbO

— Jonathan Lamb (@j_lamb) December 1, 2021

Last week, with his dad in the hospital, Lamb's son Jonathan discussed his father's COVID-19 battle. During the show, Joni Lamb called in from the hospital and said it was just "one foot in front of the other."

"You take it day by day. Your dad is resting right now. He's been talking and he ate a big bowl of oatmeal this morning and now he's resting again. You know with this thing it's kind of like riding a rollercoaster honestly."

The Lambs and Daystar have made controversial statements regarding COVID-19 throughout the pandemic. On the November 23 episode of their Ministry Now program, Jonathan Lamb called his father's illness a "spiritual attack from the enemy."

"As much as my parents have gone on here to kind of inform everyone about everything going on in the pandemic and some of the ways to treat COVID, there's no doubt that the enemy is not happy about that and he's doing everything he can to take down my dad," he said.

Daystar's website offers a large amount of misinformation on COVID-19, calling the vaccines a "hidden crisis" and hinting at a "dangerous truth" about their efficacy and purpose. The network has hosted a series of videos and podcasts, including by Joni, speaking out against flu vaccines, HPV vaccines and others, and featured interviews with anti-vaccine advocates including Robert Kennedy Jr. and Simone Gold, who's a member of the controversial group America's Frontline Doctors.

The Lambs have also touted the use of unapproved treatments for COVID-19, including ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institutes of Health have repeatedly warned against using these medications to treat COVID-19.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

• Marcus Lamb
  • Joni Lamb
Li Cohen

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Marcus Lamb
  • Joni Lamb

I’m at a loss for words today. My father was promoted to heaven at 4am this morning. His life was truly well-lived and there’s no doubt that he heard “well done my good and faithful servant” when he entered heaven’s gates. pic.twitter.com/1Imcz4VxbO

Last week, with his dad in the hospital, Lamb's son Jonathan discussed his father's COVID-19 battle. During the show, Joni Lamb called in from the hospital and said it was just "one foot in front of the other."

"You take it day by day. Your dad is resting right now. He's been talking and he ate a big bowl of oatmeal this morning and now he's resting again. You know with this thing it's kind of like riding a rollercoaster honestly."

The Lambs and Daystar have made controversial statements regarding COVID-19 throughout the pandemic. On the November 23 episode of their Ministry Now program, Jonathan Lamb called his father's illness a "spiritual attack from the enemy."

"As much as my parents have gone on here to kind of inform everyone about everything going on in the pandemic and some of the ways to treat COVID, there's no doubt that the enemy is not happy about that and he's doing everything he can to take down my dad," he said.

Daystar's website offers a large amount of misinformation on COVID-19, calling the vaccines a "hidden crisis" and hinting at a "dangerous truth" about their efficacy and purpose. The network has hosted a series of videos and podcasts, including by Joni, speaking out against flu vaccines, HPV vaccines and others, and featured interviews with anti-vaccine advocates including Robert Kennedy Jr. and Simone Gold, who's a member of the controversial group America's Frontline Doctors.

The Lambs have also touted the use of unapproved treatments for COVID-19, including ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institutes of Health have repeatedly warned against using these medications to treat COVID-19.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

• Marcus Lamb
  • Joni Lamb
Li Cohen

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Marcus Lamb
  • Joni Lamb

good riddance

• Cheers 1