The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

17 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

You seem like the type that needs to watch YouTube/Bitchute videos to get your information.  Here's one.  Unlike the typical tinfoil hatter video, sources are in the description.

Two of his sources goes no where.... ermmm

Edited by Joe_Kerr
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

and they're in the vast minority now so clearly they're going back to the beginning of this all over again just because of the case count now. 

I guess if you don't get it by now you never will. Please go read up on ICU capacity and how small it really is. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Looks like we're not going to get lucky with this one after all.  I hope all the unvaxxed change their rune, this is going to hit hard

https://globalnews.ca/news/8459837/omicron-covid-reinfection-severity-study/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalOkanagan

Bad news.

Imo the government/health authority is handling this one close to right.

Until more info about Omni has been collected and reviewed, better safe than dead.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Joe_Kerr said:

You people really need to listen to Dr Peter A McCoullough on Joe Rogan #1747. The amount  of incompetence going on in the world right now is staggering

He is a fraud. You really have to stop listening to the disinformation. Another cardiologist who knows nothing about virology, immunology, infectious diseases, or vaccinology.  Next time you need a surgery, will you want a radiologost perform it?  

The extent of gullible public so easily manipulated by con artists is amazing to me.  Disinformation spreads faster than the virus and its is killing people, prolonging the pandemic. 

If you want to listen, this is a good discussion by legit covid virologist and ID drs today. But it's not made for lay public, and I don't think you will get much of it. So that is the problem. How do we get the right info to people?  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

you don't get it but alright. Keep moving those goal posts regularly setting a burden that can never be satisfied. Logical fallacy 101

You don't think the goal posts would keep moving in a pandemic?  C'mon

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

@Petey Castiglione  I'm happy that your friend has made it through.  On the topic of understanding the frustration with lockdowns, I don't know if we can all say that we understand it.  People that live alone are in a much different place mentally when it comes to lockdowns as opposed to those that live with their significant other, family, or roommates.  The same goes for lonely seniors who often depend on daily social interactions with strangers when they're out shopping or dining or going swimming and what have you.  I hate to pull anecdotal evidence here but this two year shutdown has destroyed my old father's social life and I really think that his mind has started going south because of it.  

I just want further lockdowns to be warranted based on science, not based on public perception.  Omicron is the latest variant, and one of many to come.  Let's figure out the severity of the health risks and the strain that it may put on our health care system compared to the previous iterations.  I'm not suggesting that we disregard the health risks, but we can't bury our heads in the sand and ignore the negative outcomes that come from depression, mental health, substance abuse, etc. 

I wish you all safe holidays.  I strongly believe that we will see effects of Covid subside by the end of the 2022 spring and hopefully have a normal summer. 

I hear ya, VH.  I have a few senior relatives who live alone and worry about all the time. Thankfully, there are a few of us who check in on them.  Definitely agree that we need to base our actions on science to actually get passed Covid but we need to all accept the science facts and follow through whether that's lockdown or not.

While it doesn't seem like lockdown will be happening, it would be nice if they had more of a plan other than just once again, smaller social circles.  

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Friday, Dec. 17, 2021, 86.9% (4,332,204) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.5% (4,113,484) have received their second dose.

In addition, 91.6% (4,247,470) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.7% (4,113,431) received their second dose and 15% (688,167) have received a third dose.

Also, 92% (3,979,851) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.2% (3,859,565) received their second dose and 16% (687,413) have received a third dose.

B.C. is reporting 789 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 225,785 cases in the province.

There are 4,313 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 218,960 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 191 individuals are in hospital and 74 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

The new/active cases include:

• 186 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 1,182
  • 286 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 1,228
  • 131 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 688
  • 39 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 239
  • 147 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 975
  • no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: one

In the past 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,399.

The new deaths include:

• Fraser Health: one
  • Vancouver Coastal Health: one
  • Northern Health: one

There have been 302 cases of the Omicron variant of concern identified in B.C.:

• Fraser Health: 58
  • Vancouver Coastal Health: 93
  • Interior Health: five
  • Northern Health: one
  • Island Health: 145

There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Lions Gate Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health). There is one active outbreak in:

long-term care:

• none

acute care:

• Lions Gate Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)

assisted or independent living:

• none

From Dec. 9-15, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 42.8% of cases. From Dec. 2-15, they accounted for 71.6% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Dec. 9-15) – Total 3,394

• Not vaccinated: 1,386 (40.8%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 66 (2.0%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,942 (57.2%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 2-15) – Total 155

• Not vaccinated: 105 (67.7%)
  • Partially vaccinated: six (3.9%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 44 (28.4%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 9-15)    

• Not vaccinated: 186.1
  • Partially vaccinated: 33.8
  • Fully vaccinated: 42.9

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 2-15)

• Not vaccinated: 23.8
  • Partially vaccinated: 4.9
  • Fully vaccinated: 1.0

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,101,805 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0231-002415

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He is a fraud. You really have to stop listening to the disinformation. Another cardiologist who knows nothing about virology, immunology, infectious diseases, or vaccinology.  Next time you need a surgery, will you want a radiologost perform it?  

The extent of gullible public so easily manipulated by con artists is amazing to me.  Disinformation spreads faster than the virus and its is killing people, prolonging the pandemic. 

If you want to listen, this is a good discussion by legit covid virologist and ID drs today. But it's not made for lay public, and I don't think you will get much of it. So that is the problem. How do we get the right info to people?  

I mean he talks about the sharp rise in heart problems after taking the vaccine. He is a cardiologist... so you then agree with what he says on that then?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I mean theyre talking about giving boosters to 3-5 year olds in this video..... maybe you should check out how many have actually died from covid in that age range

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Two of his sources goes no where.... ermmm

I think that the issue was when the video was published, the pages were still up, but since the video was published,  it is possible that those pages became archived.

Simple searches on the sites in question or google.  So, there.  If that is it then what now?

FDA advisory on HCQ:

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2020/05/26/france-says-no-to-prescribing-hydroxychloroquine-after-lancet-study/?sh=927585424b59

3 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

I mean he talks about the sharp rise in heart problems after taking the vaccine. He is a cardiologist... so you then agree with what he says on that then?

He says, but the scientific articles that have been posted here (Nature and New England Journal of Medicine no less) say Covid is worse for heart issues.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I think that the issue was when the video was published, the pages were still up, but since the video was published,  it is possible that those pages became archived.

Simple searches on the sites in question or google.  So, there.  If that is it then what now?

FDA advisory on HCQ:

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2020/05/26/france-says-no-to-prescribing-hydroxychloroquine-after-lancet-study/?sh=927585424b59

Well i saw that it was FDA approved. This is just an advisory for using it against covid, but in the video he states it was never fda approved. Misleading video...

1 hour ago, Joe_Kerr said:

What is everyone's problem with Hydroxychloroquine

Hydroxychloroquine is used in the treatment of autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. It slows down the progression of the disease and provides relief from pain, swelling, and redness.

A person with rheumatoid arthritis has an overactive immune system, which creates severe inflammation throughout the body.  This medication is used to reduce the inflammation by inhibiting the immune system

I'm not sure why anyone would want to suppress their immune system in an attempt to avoid Covid 19.

Well looks like Dr. Henry's pulling the strings back a little. 

I don't have a problem with these new rules, they're pretty reasonable.  

• Indoor personal gatherings limited to household members plus 10 guests or one additional household — as long as everyone 12 and over is vaccinated.
  • Venues holding more than 1,000 people limited to 50 per cent capacity.
  • Organized New Year's Eve events of all sizes must be cancelled, except for seated gatherings.
  • Sports tournaments and associated travel are suspended for all ages.
  • B.C. vaccine cards required for events of all sizes, including those involving fewer than 50 people.
  • Diners at restaurants must remain at their tables and not mix or mingle with other parties.

Edit:  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/british-columbia-covid-restrictions-1.6290309

Edited by VancouverHabitant

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well looks like Dr. Henry's pulling the strings back a little. 

I don't have a problem with these new rules, they're pretty reasonable.  

• Indoor personal gatherings limited to household members plus 10 guests or one additional household — as long as everyone 12 and over is vaccinated.
  • Venues holding more than 1,000 people limited to 50 per cent capacity.
  • Organized New Year's Eve events of all sizes must be cancelled, except for seated gatherings.
  • Sports tournaments and associated travel are suspended for all ages.
  • B.C. vaccine cards required for events of all sizes, including those involving fewer than 50 people.
  • Diners at restaurants must remain at their tables and not mix or mingle with other parties.

Edit:  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/british-columbia-covid-restrictions-1.6290309

How is this reasonable when none of this has worked yet?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2