The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there's got to be a youtube video out there somewhere on how to do a full workout outside,  or at least one that can help you maintain. 

Ill have to join a keg chucking competition or something.

Maybes buy some bands before sportchek closes or something idk.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

My buddy in Edmonton told me that if you call 811 and tell them you have symptoms consistent with covid-19 they’ll send somebody to your house to test you?

if true, wtf. 

Vancouver aswell

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Ill have to join a keg chucking competition or something.

Maybes buy some bands before sportchek closes or something idk.

what did the ancient greeks do before the development of Golds Gym? someone must have a workout. Or maybe you just got a new business idea B)

“Visiting with friends and family will no longer be permitted and will be punishable by law”
- President Emmanuel Macron, France

THAT’s Italy mode.

Brace yourselves. 

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

"Younger and younger people are dying. If you think ha I’m young it won’t affect me, well, Italy says differently as 20 and 30 year olds are getting sick now. And last week it was 40-45 year olds."

I was worried about this possibility, and here is a link to a story from Ontario:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/some-people-in-their-30s-with-coronavirus-being-placed-on-ventilators-ontario-health-minister/ar-BB11nhDs?ocid=spartandhp

"

Ontario's health minister says some people in their 30s with novel coronavirus are being placed on ventilators, adding the COVID-19 pandemic is a "very serious health situation for all Ontarians."

Christine Elliott made the remarks during a press conference with Premier Doug Ford and Finance Minister Rod Phillips at Queen's Park Wednesday afternoon.

Elliott said while younger people more often seem to be carriers of the virus and do not often experience severe symptoms, there have recently been situations where "people in their 30s are now becoming very ill and are having to be placed on ventilators."

READ MORE: 23 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Ontario, total active cases at 206

"We’re seeing that certainly across Ontario," Elliott said.

"We’re also seeing it in places like the United States, in New York for example. Very significant increase in cases. They are finding their health system is being severely overburdened right now. We don’t want to get to that situation in Ontario."

It is not clear if the individuals Elliott was referring to have underlying health conditions, though medical experts have said that older people and those with underlying conditions are most susceptible to developing severe symptoms of COVID-19.

Elliott encouraged social distancing and asked people to not gather in crowds.

In that same press conference, Elliott said automakers in Ontario are looking to be outfitted with tools needed to create ventilators.

The province has ordered 300 additional ventilators, she said, adding that the current supply of the machines is sufficient for the time being.

Ontario reported 23 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 203.

Are the younger people who are getting really sick from the virus person’s with pre existing medical conditions?  Are they obese?  Are they smokers?  Do they have diabetes?  I read (can’t remember where) that people with preexisting lung issues, the obese, and smokers are at higher risk (much like the elderly).  

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

“Visiting with friends and family will no longer be permitted and will be punishable by law”
- President Emmanuel Macron, France

THAT’s Italy mode.

Brace yourselves. 

I haven’t seen my parents since last week. They live five blocks away. There staying in isolation. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

YVR has failed miserably. Should be held accountable. 

Or helped right now!

Im about to dress for the Apocalypse and run into every restaurant here and scream-shame the people still eating out!

If anything, it should at least be fun, for the tragedy has just begun.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I haven’t seen my parents since last week. They live five blocks away. There staying in isolation. 

You’re wise, and so are your parents.  It’s us older people, especially ones with preexisting heath issues, who we all need to be very careful with.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

some on here saying oh don't stress and others saying its alright for people with low immune systems and pensioners its okay if they get the virus. I am shocked over this thing, everyone needs to do their part in staying informed! I have a low immune system and I am also a pensioner on a fixed income. we get paid once a month and  so we cannot stock up  on food and tp . I am sick of people stockpiling and not thinking of their neighbors. I just hope next week when we can go and shop, there will be enough food .  my grandson has a birthday today and well it was cancelled, he was in tears, kids are having a hard time understanding and thats who I feel bad about. the children!

I went and did some shopping at Superstore for my in-laws today that are in their 80's and need to stay in. Shelves are just fine, I didn't see a shortage of anything. People were in a good mood al things considered, being considerate in line, etc. I didn't see anyone going ape on stockpiling, maybe just a little extra but there doesn't seem to be a run on things. I think most people have got he message stockpiling isn't needed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

some on here saying oh don't stress and others saying its alright for people with low immune systems and pensioners its okay if they get the virus. I am shocked over this thing, everyone needs to do their part in staying informed! I have a low immune system and I am also a pensioner on a fixed income. we get paid once a month and  so we cannot stock up  on food and tp . I am sick of people stockpiling and not thinking of their neighbors. I just hope next week when we can go and shop, there will be enough food .  my grandson has a birthday today and well it was cancelled, he was in tears, kids are having a hard time understanding and thats who I feel bad about. the children!

I think several of us here are retired folk.  We are the highest risk group, and need to be careful.  I’m a bit disappointed with some of the younger people (not children) who are at almost no risk, and yet they are hoarding much of the things the elderly really need, but can’t get.  Maybe our government should have something in place for elderly people to phone a number, and supplies/medications are delivered by volunteers, who have been tested fir the virus, and are (of course) not carriers?   I can see why elderly peoples’ children And younger friends and family are being extra careful.  Is the a way people, who want to help out their elderly family, friends, and neighbors can get tested, so they know for certain they’re not carriers?  It’s things like this that I think could help out our most at risk people.  

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Petey40 said:

I went to BC liquor store last night, almost everything was gone and 50 people were in there shopping. The 3 beer that were plentiful were corona, bud light, and Kokanee haha

PEI liquor stores closing tomorrow at 2pm. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think several of us here are retired folk.  We are the highest risk group, and need to be careful.  I’m a bit disappointed with some of the younger people (not children) who are at almost no risk, and yet they are hoarding much of the things the elderly really need, but can’t get.  Maybe our government should have something in place for elderly people to phone a number, and supplies/medications are delivered by volunteers, who have been tested fir the virus, and are (of course) not carriers?   I can see why elderly peoples’ children And younger friends and family are being extra careful.  Is the a way people, who want to help out their elderly family, friends, and neighbors can get tested, so they know for certain they’re not carriers?  It’s things like this that I think could help out our most at risk people.  

A lot of grocery stores around the world are starting to have a designated time before the store opens to public for the elderly and at risk people to go shopping. I think that should happen here as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what did the ancient greeks do before the development of Golds Gym? someone must have a workout. Or maybe you just got a new business idea B)

Athlean x on YouTube just released a video a day or 2 ago. Some YouTubers and friends have done it and really recommend it.  No special equipment needed.  Give it a shot

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

A lot of grocery stores around the world are starting to have a designated time before the store opens to public for the elderly and at risk people to go shopping. I think that should happen here as well.

Shopper drug mart have done it.  I don't know if there is another store just yet.