The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

This sounds like a white flag being waved today. 

If this is the case then why the f*** even bother with the vaxx passport?  Travel advisories etc?

I've a friend stuck in Mexico because she needs to wait x amount of time and have a clear test to come home.

After today why?

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If this is the case then why the f*** even bother with the vaxx passport?  Travel advisories etc?

I've a friend stuck in Mexico because she needs to wait x amount of time and have a clear test to come home.

After today why?

If your friend has covid it makes sense to wait until they can test negative, being stuck in Mexico doesn't sound that bad to be honest.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

After today why?

Exactly...... if a covid positive person  is allowed to at work with me or sitting beside me at an event then what does it matter if they are vaxxed or not ? 

I think we are the first province to end isolation requirements for covid positive fully vaxxed so things like vax passports have zero purpose and same with travel requirements for negative tests for fully vaxxed

Demko and Miller should be permitted to play tonight if they want as it's clearly permitted under the new regs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iwtl said:

Exactly...... if a covid positive person  is allowed to at work with me or sitting beside me at an event then what does it matter if they are vaxxed or not ? 

I think we are the first province to end isolation requirements for covid positive fully vaxxed so things like vax passports have zero purpose and same with travel requirements for negative tests for fully vaxxed

Demko and Miller should be permitted to play tonight if they want as it's clearly permitted under the new regs

100% agree to that

They just opened everything up and allowed for challenges to ALL mandates

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

100% agree to that

They just opened everything up and allowed for challenges to ALL mandates

the mask mandate would survive a court challenge still id think as its applicabble to both vaxed and unvaxed ( for indoor settings )

But id agree that vaccine mandates will most likely see new court challenges quickly.  Saying a fully vaxxed covid positive person can go to a hockey game but a non vaxxed person with covid cant will be seen as discrimintory and without the defence of it being for the public good goverment wont have a leg to stand on

just mask mandates and healthcare vax requirements can be defended now. 

I think it was the suddness of the suprise change with no warning caught people off guard.  But ya if I am forced to share personal space at work or in public with covid postive people effective immiediaty then I see no value to any mandates other than masking in large publiic settings 

9 minutes ago, iwtl said:

the mask mandate would survive a court challenge still id think as its applicabble to both vaxed and unvaxed ( for indoor settings )

But id agree that vaccine mandates will most likely see new court challenges quickly.  Saying a fully vaxxed covid positive person can go to a hockey game but a non vaxxed person with covid cant will be seen as discrimintory and without the defence of it being for the public good goverment wont have a leg to stand on

I think it was the suddness of the suprise change with no warning caught people off guard.  But ya if I am forced to share personal space at work or in public with covid postive people effective immiediaty then I see no value to any mandates other than masking in large publiic settings 

Sure, as long as the unvaccinated go to the back of the line for medical treatment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iwtl said:

There is no law saying one must get tested if they have symptoms so mandating people who are positive must stay away from work doesnt make sense are they just wont get tested, its moving to a if you are sick stay home honor system kinda thing. With a mandated 5 paid sicks days in BC most people with jump at the opportunity not to go to work but still get paid. 

10 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

There is no law saying one must get tested if they have symptoms so mandating people who are positive must stay away from work doesnt make sense are they just wont get tested, its moving to a if you are sick stay home honor system kinda thing. With a mandated 5 paid sicks days in BC most people with jump at the opportunity not to go to work but still get paid. 

The 5 days is pretty much moot now. Most private employers will say the same as a cold ..take a Tylenol and some halls and get in to work. If your too sick to work at all you need to go to a doctor. And of course doctors will not be able to help with only mild symptoms 

The impact of todays sudden and abrupt change is the pandemic phase has now ended and pretty please suggestions for mitigation are meaningless and pointless

Every person in BC will now be directly exposed daily to covid positive people …. Just like a cold bug.

it now comes down to deciding if an individual wants the vaccine to reduce harm when …. No longer if …. They get covid

sad part is seeing some folks I know foolishly planning to get covid now to get it over with so that they don’t have to wait for it to happen…..much like pox parties for kids 

its foolish and dangerous 

and they should stop giving covid updates. With new restrictions on eligibility for testing the numbers are also meaningless now

im triple vaxed and will continue to get vaxxinated as suggested. But given the no notice immediate change it’s clear that the vocal minority won this battle. Let er rip is now health policy

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, iwtl said:

The 5 days is pretty much moot now. Most private employers will say the same as a cold ..take a Tylenol and some halls and get in to work. If your too sick to work at all you need to go to a doctor. And of course doctors will not be able to help with only mild symptoms 

The impact of todays sudden and abrupt change is the pandemic phase has now ended and pretty please suggestions for mitigation are meaningless and pointless

Every person in BC will now be directly exposed daily to covid positive people …. Just like a cold bug.

it now comes down to deciding if an individual wants the vaccine to reduce harm when …. No longer if …. They get covid

sad part is seeing some folks I know foolishly planning to get covid now to get it over with so that they don’t have to wait for it to happen…..much like pox parties for kids 

its foolish and dangerous 

and they should stop giving covid updates. With new restrictions on eligibility for testing the numbers are also meaningless now

im triple vaxed and will continue to get vaxxinated as suggested. But given the no notice immediate change it’s clear that the vocal minority won this battle. Let er rip is now health policy

Employers can not fire you for not coming in if you test positive for Covid. At least 80% of people were expected to get the new stain of covid anyways, there was no avoiding it, just buying time. Time has come for normal again can't live our whole lives fearing the inevitable. All high risk people have had the opportunity to get 2 shots and the booster.

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Employers can not fire you for not coming in if you test positive for Covid. At least 80% of people were expected to get the new stain of covid anyways, there was no avoiding it, just buying time. Time has come for normal again can't live our whole lives fearing the inevitable. All high risk people have had the opportunity to get 2 shots and the booster.

Thats if you test positive. If your fully vaxxed and don't require hospital care you noonger can get tested. - which means for private sector non union your now on your own

No positive test or doctors note  means we are now completely back to pre covid rules when staff had to work sick all the time 

And I get it and agree we need to start moving forward. BUT at the very least anyone positive or suspected positive should still have the minimum quarantine period. 

Until a vaccine like the measles.vaccine that will nearly 100 % protect against contracting we should not be lifting that one requirement 

And jntil that time how do we pay for the unvaxxed who will still need hospital care in greater numbers?

That's a serious conversation that should have happened before this full lifting.  New tax ? Msp premiums again ?  If we are going to move to endemic today then it's irresponsible for the NDP to not have a plan in place that ensures ho person has their surgery canceled again as a result of unvaxed and that the financial cost isn't just forced to be absorbed by hospitals. Hospitals need to keep increased budgets to cover this and taxpayers deserve to know what we are giving up to pay for it or what tax is coming

Taxpayers understood when it was a pandemic ..... should have been planned months ago and announced at the same time 

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

all of us who have followed ALL the guidelines, gotten vaxxed and boostered

It was not all for not, by doing so it helped save peoples lives as well as protect you and your loved ones. It gave high risk people a chance to get the necessary tools to avoid serious illness. The time for government intervention is passed, at this point after three years if you dont know to isolate when sick, wear a mask, not to touch your face, and wash your hands regularly then you probably not going to get it.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

It feels like we've been thrown to the wolves, to be perfectly honest. What a slap in the face to all of us who have followed ALL the guidelines, gotten vaxxed and boostered... two words, I have...the first begins with an F...ends with uck and the second begins with a Y and rhymes with 'you'. I am SO disillusioned, disappointed and beyond angry with this latest $&!# that is spewing... just un&^@#ingunbelievable considering what we've all been through as we go into a THIRD year of pandemic.:(:(

Yup ..... I have family that at long last got their first shot but today canceled.the second 

Reason - if they get covid they only get access to testing if not fully vaxxed and without a test result for back up risk not getting paid sick time or WCB. 

Still think life is more important than money but I get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iwtl said:

Yup ..... I have family that at long last got their first shot but today canceled.the second 

Reason - if they get covid they only get access to testing if not fully vaxxed and without a test result for back up risk not getting paid sick time or WCB. 

Still think life is more important than money but I get it.

They can still get a doctors note saying they are sick from family doctor or walk in clinic. 

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

They can still get a doctors note saying they are sick from family doctor or walk in clinic. 

But I'd they are well enough to work but just suspect covid they can not. And unless you work in health were it's presumptive work caused it could limit wcb coverage

One thing I think could fix this and God forgive me I'm agreeing with O'Toole is this 

Rapid tests should be free.abd available everywhere 

Some has symptoms ? Take the test and keep it as proof

Employer concerned or refusing leave? Take the test in front of them

I'd support lifting the vax mandate if that happend