The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

They think there is some endgame where they can say I told you so.  They'll probably end up like those Q morons who congregated in Dealey Plaza thinking JFK Jr. was coming back to announce TRUMP's run in 2024.

told us what? :lol: these people think they have some sort of influence on a positive outcome, because why? 

no, actual people with brains made the best decisions they could in difficult circumstances, and some brilliant people in labs, along with some brave volunteers, got us vaccinated. 

these people are pathetic little whiners who wouldn't be able to handle a Rubik's cube, let alone get us out of a pandemic. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

told us what? :lol: these people think they have some sort of influence on a positive outcome, because why? 

no, actual people with brains made the best decisions they could in difficult circumstances, and some brilliant people in labs, along with some brave volunteers, got us vaccinated. 

these people are pathetic little whiners who wouldn't be able to handle a Rubik's cube, let alone get us out of a pandemic. 

No one said logic, reason, and intelligence were part of the anti-vaxxers state of mind.  I've just seen them saying as such.  That they have been right all along.  Tinfoil paranoid  conspiracy stuff.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Gonzaga U has taken John Stockton's season's tickets from him, for his refusal to wear a mask at home games.

Look into some of Stockton's *REAL* wacko thoughts on the vaccine though.  Total nutjob.

But to my knowledge, he doesn't exactly go on a soapbox & try to be a "angry old man that yells at clouds".  He merely responded to questions asked by interviewers.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Sad 1

https://healthpolicy-watch.news/93258-2/
"There is a widespread view that extensive transmission of the currently dominant Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2 will bring an end to the pandemic by harmlessly inducing herd immunity. This is unjustified and dangerous thinking. It does not provide a sound basis for immediate or long-term pandemic management."

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I wonder what all these fools will turn their attention to once the pandemic is over/under control? 

I was wondering what you, Alf, heffy are gonna do when this pandemic is over. Probably go back to freaking out about racism, "climate emergency" and "right wing Trumpers" again huh

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

I was wondering what you, Alf, heffy are gonna do when this pandemic is over. Probably go back to freaking out about racism, "climate emergency" and "right wing Trumpers" again huh

they''ll likely all be dead by the time this is over

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Just so long as the antivaxxer adults stay away from our hospitals (for Covid) we will all soon put this behind us.  

Covid isn't political.  It kills antivaxxers, regardless of their political ideals.  

• Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Yeah, cause all three of those things are incredibly beneficial to everyone...

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Antivaxxers will continue to get very ill and die from Covid.  It's so easily avoidable, but these people think drinking urine (post infection) is a better choice than getting these vaccines.

Compared to unvaccinated individuals, COVID-19 mortality rate here is: •13X LOWER after full vaccination •165X LOWER after booster

Edited by Alflives
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Well look at this.  Unvaccinated, which includes the previously infected, get Covid at far higher rates than the vaccinated.  Vaccines work.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

The next news story: antivax trucker movement leaves grocery store shelves empty. 

Shelves empty

Food prices rising.

Fuel running out.

Fuel prices rising.

Inflation hits new highs on fuel/food prices.

.....f@#$+*g Trudeau it's all his fault

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Shelves empty

Food prices rising.

Fuel running out.

Fuel prices rising.

Inflation hits new highs on fuel/food prices.

.....f@#$+*g Trudeau it's all his fault

#TrudeauHasGotToGo is trending on Twitter, so there are many that feel that way.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Well look at this.  Unvaccinated, which includes the previously infected, get Covid at far higher rates than the vaccinated.  Vaccines work.

at some point the unvaccinated dumb dumbs will outnumber the viruses, and then they've "won" 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Are masks optional in public places now? Grocery store this morning there were a mother & daughter, single women, single man all going thru different tills without masks. Still being served? Couple more wandering the aisles. 

Rules are now so confusing, some people are just giving up.

Enforcement has always been a complete joke anyhow; what person, being paid minimum wage, is going to risk a confrontation?