The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

36 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yup. Many people aren't honest actors that's for sure. Truckers were hero's when it was self serving to make a social media post saying that, now they are X/Y/Z.

It's the common strategy to reduce opposition (of any degree, really) to labels; sheep, racist, anti-vax, SJW, alt-right, communist, nazi, exc, exc. Its all so political/agenda driven, & tiring.

Regarding Covid I do wonder at some point if the reaction to Covid will be seen as more damaging than the virus. And even if not it seems like that analysis isn't even part of the bigger conversation. We are just stuck in this name calling tribal crap when more & more people are now prepared to just accept the risk & move back to life as we knew it.

Bully Bullying GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I can remember when truckers were admired as front line hero's in all of this

What a bunch of BS

They were and the majority of them still are. It's the "I don't need the gubermint to tell me what to do" morons, that when they realize that that price of beer that isn't in the liquor store when they go to buy it because of shortages, that they become the problem. Or the price of food at the greasy spoon rest stop goes up $3 or $4 the next time they drop in. According to the truckers association, the vaccination rate for the truckers is very close to the general population percentage wise. It comes down to the less than 10%, as it's been throughout this entire pandemic.

• Vintage 2

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is BlueAnon type stuff & really a diversion from the key issue. People across our country & in the US are responding to this protest; donating money, US drivers joining in, up here offering food/shelter for truckers, exc. Lots of people are tired of all of this - (not just the new Vax mandates) - hand waving them all away & labelling them as the KKK, radical separatists, racists (or whatever else) is ridiculous imo.

they are acting like entitled children. Everyone is tired. Everyone has lost something or someone. These truckers are acting like they are being harmed, but they just don't want to take a safe and effective shot. All this anger and pouting over something so stupid. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

They were and the majority of them still are. It's the "I don't need the gubermint to tell me what to do" morons,

This part really cracks me up, particularly when it comes from rural areas. There is no modern rural life without many layers of government making it possible. Rural folks are actually far more dependent on government interventions than urban where there are many more private choices. 

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

This part really cracks me up, particularly when it comes from rural areas. There is no modern rural life without many layers of government making it possible. Rural folks are actually far more dependent on government interventions than urban where there are many more private choices. 

I actually just noticed that a Hudderite community in Manitoba is going to provide a rest stop etc., for the convoy. Probably one of the largest anti gov't sect of people in Canada. They have their own schools, rules, and are very wealthy as a group. Rest assured, they're anti vaxxers too!

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I actually just noticed that a Hudderite community in Manitoba is going to provide a rest stop etc., for the convoy. Probably one of the largest anti gov't sect of people in Canada. They have their own schools, rules, and are very wealthy as a group. Rest assured, they're anti vaxxers too!

"Mighty neighbourly" - Corb Lund

12 hours ago, gurn said:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/neil-young-wants-music-pulled-012827164.html

20c2c0396d6fe157010a4a647fb178cb

• Neil Young wants to pull all of his music from Spotify over COVID-19 misinformation.

• Health professionals previously called on Spotify to mitigate the spread of misinformation.

• Young and the health professionals' statements were directed at misinformation on Joe Rogan's podcast.

Musician Neil Young has demanded that his music be removed from Spotify over COVID-19 vaccine misinformation, Rolling Stone reported.

"I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them," Young said in a now-deleted memo, according to Rolling Stone.

Young referenced COVID-19 misinformation that was promoted by Joe Rogan on his "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast.

"They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both," Young wrote.

The open letter was addressed to Young's manager, Frank Gironda, as well as Tom Corson, the co-chairman and chief operating officer of Warner Records.

Earlier this month, 270 doctors, nurses, scientists, and educators signed an open letter calling on Spotify to mitigate the spread of misinformation after an episode of Rogan's podcast.

In an episode late last month, Rogan, who signed an estimated $100 million exclusive deal with Spotify in 2020, interviewed Robert Malone, a scientist who claimed Americans were being "hypnotized" into following COVID-19 measures because of "mass formation psychosis."

Psychology experts have said there is no evidence for Malone's claims.

YouTube removed the podcast episode for violating its COVID-19 misinformation policy.

Spotify has said Rogan's podcast was the platform's most popular podcast in 2021.

"Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy," the health professionals letter to Spotify said.

Insider has reached out to Spotify, Warner Records, and a representative for Young for comment.

The needle and the damage not done

Mislead Southern man

Covid the Killer

Heart of Invermectin

Okay sorry I'll stop :lol: Definitely not quite as catchy

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Now Conservative MP's are telling us that the vaccine mandate is a power move by Trudeau. Those **cks never stop with their nonsense. Rempal I'm sure is one of them.

For the most part we've kept politics out of this whole Covid pandemic up here.  But there are some really stupid people trying their best to do otherwise.  Hopefully the ignorance of the US Rats and Pugs doesn't infiltrate too much up here.  

• Cheers 3

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

When I was working as a painter we had a job at the jail. Unsurprisingly we had to get a criminal record check. It probably took me about as much time to accomplish ( a little more) as getting the vaccine. Not once did I think about organizing a protest or producing a fake record check. I just followed the simple rules and I was painting several days later.

It's part of the contract required for driving truck in this manner. If you don't like it get a new job but Gawd spare us the 'poor me' speeches and demonstrations. You aren't the first people that have to meet requirements, or changing requirements to move on in life. What a bunch of babies. These people are the kind that love to create drama when there is none and hook everyone into their fake tribulations.

Truckers are often putting their trucks through safety checks to make sure they operate at peak efficiency and safety.  They obviously see the importance their truck being safe is  for themselves, their families, and their community.  But they don't see the how vaccines do the same?  Makes no sense.  

• Upvote 2

SO in 2019 the yellow vest movement started a gofundme to have truckers go to Ottawa.  The money raised never got given to the people it was meant to.

Fast forward to today where the Maverick Party secretary organized yet another gofundme and last nighty released a missive stating that nobody will be guaranteed a dollar of the nearly $5 million raised.  This morning Gofundme froze her account demanding transparency and proof the money will go to who it is earmarked for.

The funny part...it's the same person that was behind the 2019 gofundme as well.  

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/trucker-convoys-4-million-in-fundraising-frozen-by-gofundme/it88556?fbclid=IwAR3jMRSSSWh2S_GsgIYMg5E7aj-c2GPHQvuqEjcINpZ3TzfsOmwFaFDFDiw

ruck2.jpeg

• Vintage 3

24 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Now Conservative MP's are telling us that the vaccine mandate is a power move by Trudeau. Those **cks never stop with their nonsense. Rempal I'm sure is one of them.

Poutine Poilievre actually said 'people will go hungry' :picard:

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Of course they will.  Apparently hundreds of thosuands of trucks are moving slowly to ottawa not delivering food.  So that's trudeaus fault.  He's a power player

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Because some truckers are protesting the new vac rules the public are dumping on them. It’s been a few years since I dealt with truckers but I hazard a guess that the vac rules simply united them. Bottom line with truckers is that their units cost + $300 thousand and they are likely financed at a far higher rate of interest than the mortgages the public pay. The revenue they have to earn to pay for these loans are controlled by companies who dispatch them. Their hours of operation are limited and the paperwork they have to fill out is time consuming and unpaid for. Many spend days away from their families and breakups are common. They led a unhealthy lifestyle because they spend their time behind a wheel. 

We take a 100 km trip to the town down the road and inevitably complain about some driver who did something foolish or dangerous. These truckers see this everyday. They want to get home safely just as anyone would. Some jerk of a poster made the comment that it doesn’t take a high IQ to be a trucker. I’d love to take that guy out on the road for a week and tune him in. A ignorant comment like that says more about the person who wrote it. The general public live off these people and have no problem shaking them down for cheap transport cost. Like so many workforces the truckers are aging out. Public had better hope the BS they have been fed about driverless trucks are true because freight costs are going up.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1