The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Because some truckers are protesting the new vac rules the public are dumping on them. It’s been a few years since I dealt with truckers but I hazard a guess that the vac rules simply united them. Bottom line with truckers is that their units cost + $300 thousand and they are likely financed at a far higher rate of interest than the mortgages the public pay. The revenue they have to earn to pay for these loans are controlled by companies who dispatch them. Their hours of operation are limited and the paperwork they have to fill out is time consuming and unpaid for. Many spend days away from their families and breakups are common. They led a unhealthy lifestyle because they spend their time behind a wheel. 

We take a 100 km trip to the town down the road and inevitably complain about some driver who did something foolish or dangerous. These truckers see this everyday. They want to get home safely just as anyone would. Some jerk of a poster made the comment that it doesn’t take a high IQ to be a trucker. I’d love to take that guy out on the road for a week and tune him in. A ignorant comment like that says more about the person who wrote it. The general public live off these people and have no problem shaking them down for cheap transport cost. Like so many workforces the truckers are aging out. Public had better hope the BS they have been fed about driverless trucks are true because freight costs are going up.

There was the organized protest in Surrey on Saturday against road conditions in BC.   A bunch of the Freedumb Convoy fan boys were complaining that reports on that protest were lies and the government (JT) were trying to obscure the "real" protest that was on Sunday.   

• Vintage 3

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Because some truckers are protesting the new vac rules the public are dumping on them. It’s been a few years since I dealt with truckers but I hazard a guess that the vac rules simply united them. Bottom line with truckers is that their units cost + $300 thousand and they are likely financed at a far higher rate of interest than the mortgages the public pay. The revenue they have to earn to pay for these loans are controlled by companies who dispatch them. Their hours of operation are limited and the paperwork they have to fill out is time consuming and unpaid for. Many spend days away from their families and breakups are common. They led a unhealthy lifestyle because they spend their time behind a wheel. 

We take a 100 km trip to the town down the road and inevitably complain about some driver who did something foolish or dangerous. These truckers see this everyday. They want to get home safely just as anyone would. Some jerk of a poster made the comment that it doesn’t take a high IQ to be a trucker. I’d love to take that guy out on the road for a week and tune him in. A ignorant comment like that says more about the person who wrote it. The general public live off these people and have no problem shaking them down for cheap transport cost. Like so many workforces the truckers are aging out. Public had better hope the BS they have been fed about driverless trucks are true because freight costs are going up.

But what does any of that have to do with not wanting to take a safe and effective shot? 

The mandates are not that complex, and really don't delay any of them. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

The needle and the damage not done

Mislead Southern man

Covid the Killer

Heart of Invermectin

Okay sorry I'll stop :lol: Definitely not quite as catchy

Neil knows where it's at.

Hey hey my my

Anti vaxxers more likely to die

Keep protecting those with

hearts of old

Teach your children well

Avoid those who sell

Ivermectin

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Why are some (likely very few) truckers refusing vaccination, and expecting special status?  They already have (had) special status granted for crossing the border during closures.  It's so easy to get vaccinated.  Plus, it makes good safety sense.  

You mention how truckers negotiate roads with unsafe drivers.  Why would some of the truckers choose to be unsafe citizens?  

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Unfortunately you'd be wrong.

Nobody is dumping on truckers.  People are dumping on the falsehood of a freedom convoy.  Truckers are essential and i'd stand up for a trucker as fast as I would a health care worker or 15 year old grocery clerk.

The organizer of this "protest" has bamboozled thousands due to her being able to play off of fear and emotions.  Truckers definitely need more help because without them we starve.

But these protests have people convinced that if enough truckers go to ottawa that Trudeau will rescind provincial health mandates and the one at the border for entry back in to canada as a commercial hauler.

But, and here's the thing.

Commercial haulers can not even enter the USA without having the EXACT same vaxx status as you would need to re-enter Canada as a commercial hauler.  Trudeau has zero power over provincial mandates.  Essentially this idiot from the maverick party and her rather troubling views on protecting the white anglo saxxon rule in Canada has convinced the ignorant that enough people can change that; and that trudeau can also change the US requirements.

Nobody is dumping on truckers, but we're certainly questioning people's 

Trucker Convoy has Gofundme donations froze.

The Canadian Press

Trucker convoy's $4.5 million in fundraising frozen by GoFundMe

"We require that fundraisers be transparent about the flow of funds and have a clear plan for how those funds will be spent. In this case, we are in touch with the organizer to verify that information," Rachel Hollis, a spokeswoman for the crowdfunding platform, said in an email.

"Funds will be safely held until the organizer is able to provide the documentation to our team about how funds will be properly distributed."

As of Tuesday afternoon, funds were raised from 57,800 donors, according to the GoFundMe page of the "Freedom Convoy."

Tamara Lich, who is also secretary of the fledgling Western separatist Maverick Party, launched the campaign on Jan. 14. It states that the money will go toward fuel as well as food and lodgings for big-riggers taking part.

"Our current government is implementing rules and mandates that are destroying the foundation of our businesses, industries and livelihoods," the convoy's GoFundMe page states.

"We are a peaceful country that has helped protect nations across the globe from tyrannical governments who oppressed their people, and now it seems it is happening here."

As of Jan. 15, the federal government required Canadian truckers to be fully vaccinated if they want to avoid a 14-day quarantine when they cross the border from the United States.And last Saturday the U.S. barred unvaccinated Canadian drivers from entering the country, mirroring Canada's border filter for American truckers.

Labour Minister Seamus O'Regan has also announced that vaccination will become mandatory for workers in all federally regulated industries, though no timeline has been laid out.

The Canadian Trucking Alliance, which has condemned the convoy protest, says more than 85 per cent of the 120,000 Canadian truck drivers who regularly traverse the border are vaccinated, but that up to 16,000 may be sidelined due to the new restriction, exacerbating supply chain problems.

In a joint release Tuesday, the federal government and alliance president Stephen Laskowski acknowledged "unprecedented challenges" to a sector that ships the vast majority of food and consumer products, but stressed vaccination as the route to economic health.

“Vaccines, medications, personal protective equipment, food, and supplies continue to arrive where they need to be thanks to the efforts of our dedicated commercial truck drivers," said Laskowski, O'Regan, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra and Employment Minister Carla Qualtrough.

“The government of Canada and the Canadian Trucking Alliance both agree that vaccination, used in combination with preventive public health measures, is the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID-19 for Canadians, and to protect public health."

The big-riggers are bound for a protest set for Saturday in Ottawa, where drivers from across the country are planning to converge.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 25, 2022.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd also add that often what's making our roads unsafe is some of the behaviour of drivers (including truckers) who speed and don't observe the signage.  Slow down, take it easy and drive safely....the roads that lead in/out of town are often tough enough to negotiate, but  some try to make up time by ignoring speed limits and by passing dangerously.  That's what makes the roads unsafe more than anything.  Speed and risky decisions.  Unmaintained vehicles are also a bit of an issue (I worked in a company that involved trucks/truckers moving 40' containers across the country).  

As for paperwork....yes, those logs they have to complete are a pain in the butt, but should be kept up with in real time as I understood and each time a trucker logs out of duty.  They're not supposed to accumulate as "homework", that sort of defeats the purpose of them (making sure drivers take enough rest time). 

Teachers do a whole lot of report card marking after hours....again, it's just part of the deal for some.

• Vintage 4

A local nurse is raising money to provide N95 masks to vulnerable people in the Kingston region and is calling for equitable access to masks for all Ontarians.

Debra Lefebvre, a Kingston-based registered nurse, launched a GoFundMe campaign in late December that has raised more than $6,000 to provide N95 masks to vulnerable people and social service agencies across the community to protect people from COVID-19.

According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, while non-medical cloth masks do help prevent the spread of COVID-19, medical masks such as N95 and KN95 masks provide better protection against the virus. (cont'd...)

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

There was the organized protest in Surrey on Saturday against road conditions in BC.   A bunch of the Freedumb Convoy fan boys were complaining that reports on that protest were lies and the government (JT) were trying to obscure the "real" protest that was on Sunday.   

Exactly, two different protests, one probably for good reason, but considering the amount of damage and the rapid re-opening of the highways is the cause of poor roads.

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Here we go.  

Lots of anecdotal "evidence" and unsubstantiated claims.  Would ask for sources, but not holding my breath.

I would have expected that someone who's "studied Immunology at the University level" to know that the vaccines are hardly "experimental....

My guess is that he "studied" at "Youtube University".....:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I would have expected that someone who's "studied Immunology at the University level" to know that the vaccines are hardly "experimental....

My guess is that he "studied" at "Youtube University".....:rolleyes:

The mRNA vaccines are experimental by definition. The government of Japan has made it clear to its citizens. Insurance companies are starting to release their updated policies. These state that people who have been hurt by mRNA vaccines are not eligible for compensation because they opted to participate in an experimental program, that has known side effect dangers which is easily accessible information. They're claiming clotshot damage is something that could have been avoided through due diligence.

Prior to fast tracking the mRNA shots, they had only been tested on animals. And those tests were ongoing because of adverse reaction complications. Usually a vaccine safety and efficacy rollout is several years. And for good reason as not all vaccines are the same, and there's decades of incidents where Pharma has had to pay out huge settlements specifically for their vaccine products.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, snowjunki said:

The mRNA vaccines are experimental by definition. The government of Japan has made it clear to its citizens. Insurance companies are starting to release their updated policies. These state that people who have been hurt by mRNA vaccines are not eligible for compensation because they opted to participate in an experimental program, that has known side effect dangers which is easily accessible information. They're claiming clotshot damage is something that could have been avoided through due diligence.

Prior to fast tracking the mRNA shots, they had only been tested on animals. And those tests were ongoing because of adverse reaction complications. Usually a vaccine safety and efficacy rollout is several years. And for good reason as not all vaccines are the same, and there's decades of incidents where Pharma has had to pay out huge settlements specifically for their vaccine products.

...and if you dive deep enough you'll find this horsesh*& on Youtube.

• Vintage 1