The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Because some truckers are protesting the new vac rules the public are dumping on them. It’s been a few years since I dealt with truckers but I hazard a guess that the vac rules simply united them. Bottom line with truckers is that their units cost + $300 thousand and they are likely financed at a far higher rate of interest than the mortgages the public pay. The revenue they have to earn to pay for these loans are controlled by companies who dispatch them. Their hours of operation are limited and the paperwork they have to fill out is time consuming and unpaid for. Many spend days away from their families and breakups are common. They led a unhealthy lifestyle because they spend their time behind a wheel. 

We take a 100 km trip to the town down the road and inevitably complain about some driver who did something foolish or dangerous. These truckers see this everyday. They want to get home safely just as anyone would. Some jerk of a poster made the comment that it doesn’t take a high IQ to be a trucker. I’d love to take that guy out on the road for a week and tune him in. A ignorant comment like that says more about the person who wrote it. The general public live off these people and have no problem shaking them down for cheap transport cost. Like so many workforces the truckers are aging out. Public had better hope the BS they have been fed about driverless trucks are true because freight costs are going up.

Bouds, it's been a while since I've been in the logging industry. My dad was a truck logger all his life. The bush roads were and still are a hell of a lot more dangerous than any highway with a few pot holes, and unplowed sections of the highway. We would go into the bush in the crummy pushing snow with the bumper, and fully chained. I swear from the photos I see of the new breed of truckers out there, they wouldn't last a minute. Paperwork?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll give you a picture.  This is why it was quick.  I'll add another reason.  Each step involves red tape at both the company and government level.  That red tape was streamlined.  Also, all Covid related drugs/vaccines were moved to the front of the line, where under normal circumstances, they would have to wait their turn.  Furthermore, there was no shortage of volunteers and locations to run the trials.  Pfizer had over 40,000 participants.  Also, they were allowed to submit their data as they collected it as opposed to waiting until the end.

Then, we had multiple jurisdictions from around the world monitoring the vaccines. 

So no, not experimental.

That chart literally proves that it is experimental. The timeline is simply too short to gauge potential problems. That's why it's a several year process. The mental gymnastics required to insist that this time frame is in fact proof of post-experimental status is amusing. Larger trial patient size doesn't replace the linear time required to insure safety parameters fit into our public health model.

Edited by snowjunki
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, snowjunki said:

Okay, his license hasn't been revoked, but they restricted his practice.
https://www.jccf.ca/justice-centre-defends-free-speech-dr-charles-hoffe-against-college-of-physicians/

Also,  Dr. Daniel Nagase has been reprimanded and effectively fired from his practice.

So one Doctor?  And he was only suspended for speaking out to patients while inside the actual hospital about vaccine hesitancy.

Seems you've a long long way to go to prove your statement

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Paperwork?

Wanna know something super funny.

Every trucker or support vehicle hoping to recieve fuel/food/lodging reimbursement from the gofundme had to give a political entity, the Maverick party their information.  This was followed up with requests for donations to the party 

Worried about paperwork but gave a fringe party of idiots their vehicle numbers, tax and reggies and personal information.

Think on that

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll give you a picture.  This is why it was quick.  I'll add another reason.  Each step involves red tape at both the company and government level.  That red tape was streamlined.  Also, all Covid related drugs/vaccines were moved to the front of the line, where under normal circumstances, they would have to wait their turn.  Furthermore, there was no shortage of volunteers and locations to run the trials.  Pfizer had over 40,000 participants.  Also, they were allowed to submit their data as they collected it as opposed to waiting until the end.

Then, we had multiple jurisdictions from around the world monitoring the vaccines. 

So no, not experimental.

operation-warp-speed.jpg

4 minutes ago, snowjunki said:

That chart literally proves that it is experimental. The timeline is simply too short to gauge potential problems. That's why it's a several year process. The mental gymnastics required to insist that this time frame is in fact proof of post-experimental status is amusing. Larger trial patient size doesn't replace the linear time required to insure safety parameters fit into our public health model.

This chart literally shows you the timeline of paperwork and nonsense that was cut but not the safety measures.

Your statement of "experimental" when MRNA development has been a multi-decades long study is erroneous and essentially an outright lie that you will keep repeating.  Red tape is NOT the loss of safety measures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, snowjunki said:

This is also a lie.  That information is still viable and existing via proper sub search

the pundit is a lying rag of right wing conspiracy theories.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/gateway-pundit/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, snowjunki said:

That chart literally proves that it is experimental. The timeline is simply too short to gauge potential problems. That's why it's a several year process. The mental gymnastics required to insist that this time frame is in fact proof of post-experimental status is amusing.

All adverse events for vaccines occur within 60 days with the majority happening shortly after injection.  Go back pre-pandemic and virtually every anti-vaxxer script about how so and so was injured involves short timelines after getting jabbed.  That has been the case with all of the different covid vaccines.  

Drugs are considered experimental when they haven't been given approval.  That usually means that they haven't completed clinical trials (not trails) to demonstrate efficacy and safety for the given purpose.  All Covid vaccines available in Canada have done their clinical trials (not trails) and have been given approvals.  SO NOT EXPERIMENTAL at all.

Every drug/vaccine goes through monitoring once it is available to the public.  We've been looking at billions of doses given.  Some people have been vaccinated for over a year.  NOT EXPERIMENTAL

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Bouds, it's been a while since I've been in the logging industry. My dad was a truck logger all his life. The bush roads were and still are a hell of a lot more dangerous than any highway with a few pot holes, and unplowed sections of the highway. We would go into the bush in the crummy pushing snow with the bumper, and fully chained. I swear from the photos I see of the new breed of truckers out there, they wouldn't last a minute. Paperwork?

Highway versus bush hauling, Yikes! The way they are hauling logs to various mills the highway miles are much higher today. Remember the grades on some of those old logging roads? I still remember my first air brake test. I used to haul fuel into the bush. Hands down, yes, a bush driver wins every time. 

Paperwork? Pre-trip, log books, WHIMIS (?) been so long I don't know if that is right. Then he has to put on his small business hat and do his paperwork there. Or he gets his wife to do it if she is capable. We used to do the purple dye reports for our bush logger accounts so they could get a tax rebate. Highway truckers have to do reports for highway fuel tax in each province/state they run in. Taking loads across the border was always fun. Regular feeding frenzy by the customs people and brokers. 

53 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My comment wasn't defending anti vac but suggesting that truckers simply jumped on the protest to register what they are up against in their work lives. I would think that as a trucker I would be getting the shots as quickly as possible as their exposure is likely higher than most people.   

I'm sure its not easy. But attaching themselves to this protest, backed by fringe politics, isn't going to win them any friends or sympathy. 

Its just bad politics. Its basing a lot of the anger on misinformation, or a misunderstanding of how the system works. Thats really one of the things that irks me about the CPC is how willing they are to use peoples misunderstanding our how our country really works. That kind of thing is gong to take us down the path we see in the US.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, snowjunki said:

Every single vaccine and medication goes through exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

Just now, JM_ said:

I'm sure its not easy. But attaching themselves to this protest, backed by fringe politics, isn't going to win them any friends or sympathy. 

Its just bad politics. Its basing a lot of the anger on misinformation, or a misunderstanding of how the system works. Thats really one of the things that irks me about the CPC is how willing they are to use peoples misunderstanding our how our country really works. That kind of thing is gong to take us down the path we see in the US.

..and a leader who has no idea who in his caucus is vaccinated, and won't ask either.

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

..and a leader who has no idea who in his caucus is vaccinated, and won't ask either.

honestly when you compare what the CPC is now, to what the PCs were under Mulroney its stunning. Mulroney took on the US over acid rain, led on apartheid sanctions, brought in free trade and a new tax system, or and set up auto manufacturing for a few decades. 

Now we see a sad sack flip flop O'Toole who doesn't have a compass, and Poutine Poilievre lying about how the country works. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

honestly when you compare what the CPC is now, to what the PCs were under Mulroney its stunning. Mulroney took on the US over acid rain, led on apartheid sanctions, brought in free trade and a new tax system, or and set up auto manufacturing for a few decades. 

Now we see a sad sack flip flop O'Toole who doesn't have a compass, and Poutine Poilievre lying about how the country works. 

Poiliverre is the biggest danger to conservative politics in this nation.  he is EVERYTHING wrong with the conservative brand.  Less work and life experience than Shcheer but speaking for the common man, hard core social conservative but he can manipulate emotions and he speaks long and loud enough that people believe his lies.

He is a serious threat to the overall stability of this nation when he finally runs for leader

• Vintage 3