The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

33 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

This is not the place for that!, as it seems that The Lower mainland is the only part of Canada that is not supporting this. 

Find somewhere else in the other 95% of Canada where this is welcomed to post this. 

I don't live in the Lower Mainland and I support it....

30 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

This is not the place for that!, as it seems that The Lower mainland is the only part of Canada that is not supporting this. 

Find somewhere else in the other 95% of Canada where this is welcomed to post this. 

No it isn't.  Thousands of trucks rolling through the Fraser Valley and into Vancouver, all the while spewing their toxic fossil fuels across the region during a thermal conversion, would be an absolute disgrace. The air quality would be horrific causing endless numbers of people struggling to breath.  I'd say the people who live in these areas have a right to breathe clean air.

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

No it isn't.  Thousands of trucks rolling through the Fraser Valley and into Vancouver, all the while spewing their toxic fossil fuels across the region during a thermal conversion, would be an absolute disgrace. The air quality would be horrific causing endless numbers of people struggling to breath.  I'd say the people who live in these areas have a right to breathe clean air.

Most truckers, even on this rally, are good, honest, hard working folk.  There are a few of them who have weak character.  They are the bad ones.  But is it their fault they are simple minded, and easily led like dumb sheep?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Most truckers, even on this rally, are good, honest, hard working folk.  There are a few of them who have weak character.  They are the bad ones.  But is it their fault they are simple minded, and easily led like dumb sheep?  

people are mad and frustrated all over right now. We're all tapped. Its an anger outlet for the truckers. Outside of a pandemic, the vast majority of them don't get involved in something this dumb. This is what 2 years of stress does, and the organizers are making millions off their backs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

people are mad and frustrated all over right now. We're all tapped. Its an anger outlet for the truckers. Outside of a pandemic, the vast majority of them don't get involved in something this dumb. This is what 2 years of stress does, and the organizers are making millions off their backs. 

Simple solution.  Hang the organizers for treason.  Or at least deport them to Florida.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Simple solution.  Hang the organizers for treason.  Or at least deport them to Florida.  

I can't believe people are giving them so much money. I guess thats sort of Trudeau's fault for giving out so much CERB money.

• Haha 3

This is a good piece, but a bit long. Flame away for posting a youtube. This one explains the current situation pretty well.

The coming Ottawa trucker protest is not about the Vax, it's about government mandates and the government overstepping their legislation boundary. I won't go so far as to say its a constitutional crisis like they advertise, but if the truckers are not successful, do we even live in a democracy anymore? And remember, even in a democracy, the governing party must follow the Canadian constitution. A simply majority does not grant them unlimited powers.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeah, I'm not vilifying all truckers.  I just get sick of the  continuous "Bure" comments that have little thought or research. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

This is a good piece, but a bit long. Flame away for posting a youtube. This one explains the current situation pretty well.

The coming Ottawa trucker protest is not about the Vax, it's about government mandates and the government overstepping their legislation boundary. I won't go so far as to say its a constitutional crisis like they advertise, but if the truckers are not successful, do we even live in a democracy anymore? And remember, even in a democracy, the governing party must follow the Canadian constitution. A simply majority does not grant them unlimited powers.

Yeah, a proven nutjob isn't exacty a good source.  Jordan Peterson is more of a joke than the mennonite post.  We absolutely do live in a democracy as the PPC ran on a platform advocating removing mandates.  The truckers are just throwing a tantrum because the rest of the country rejected that platform to the point they failed to win a single vote.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

horse pucks. Peterson doing his usual shtick relying on peoples ignorance of the system to make his point. 

There is no constitutional crisis. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

You do realize the guy you’re supporting here (what’s his pronoun?) is a friggin’ idiot - right?  He’s got some very serious issues, and needs to clean himself up before anything else.  

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

That's an odd question.

Do you really believe that if a group of malcontents can throw a tantrum and if unsuccessful in accomplishing their goals, it means we no longer live in a democracy? Really? :huh:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's an odd question.

Do you really believe that if a group of malcontents can throw a tantrum and if unsuccessful in accomplishing their goals, it means we no longer live in a democracy? Really? :huh:

If the laws the liberals are passing are unconstitutional, do we all just lay flat and take it? No, we wouldn't be in a democracy anymore if we can't follow our own constitutional rules. It means they can do whatever they want, get away with it, and you are ok with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Well, the lawsuit is being launched via Brian Peckford as a constitutional challenge. You couldn't have watched the video in such short time. You just saw a host name and picture and replied. Try looking at the content.

Why would any sane person even dignify that garbage by wasting their time?  Any constitutional challenge does not have a leg to stand on, so I don't really care what this ambulance chaser has to say on a youtube video hosted by a bigoted piece of trash.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Well, the lawsuit is being launched via Brian Peckford as a constitutional challenge. You couldn't have watched the video in such short time. You just saw a host name and picture and replied. Try looking at the content.

I had never heard of this Pederson guy until recently.  I did read up on him, and it’s blatantly obvious he’s got serious personal issues.  To even consider what he’s saying as any kind of source of credibility is just as sad as he is.  

Btw.  Caca means poop!  :lol: