The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Kinda funny...

JT has been exposed to covid and will be isolating at home this weekend.

Some where a bunch of people are going 'What the truck?!'

Actually they're claiming he's "afraid" of what's coming for him and that this is just an excuse <_<

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Amazingly, gofundme actually outright stated it would not release a dollar of this until she, Tamara of the Maverick Party; showed them proof of how it would be disbursed and to whom.

She actually had the temerity to go to westerstar etc and claim the money wasn't frozen.  Gofundme issued a second statement repeating what they said.  As of right now I have no idea if she has actually produced said documents for them.  Because my last check was that she had sent everyone paperwork telling them there's a good chance they weren't getting a dime.

Just like 2019 when buddy absconded with hundreds of thousands from the convoy of...the same...nature

Read this and tell me, after having to file paperwork just to sign up (which amazingly included maverick party registration in alberta and sask; why would they need to file more paperwork?  and if these people are so afraid of the government tracking them.  Why give this party/woman not only personal details but also tax status and numbers, truck reggies and licensing information?

ruck2.jpeg

If this wasn't so sad, but, I have to say, "I told you so". I pointed out the yellow jackets to an Albertabama cousin of mine. Global in Lethbridge actually interviewed a couple of them at the rally. They wouldn't say who they represented or why they were there. Sheep!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

If this wasn't so sad, but, I have to say, "I told you so". I pointed out the yellow jackets to an Albertabama cousin of mine. Global in Lethbridge actually interviewed a couple of them at the rally. They wouldn't say who they represented or why they were there. Sheep!

If you actually just google "convoy for freedom hate"

You'll find dozens of stories and videos about who, what and where these types come from and what their real message is.

Hint...it's not about freedom.

So much so that even the organizers had to tell people to tone it down because the threats were criminal in nature 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

This is a good piece, but a bit long. Flame away for posting a youtube. This one explains the current situation pretty well.

The coming Ottawa trucker protest is not about the Vax, it's about government mandates and the government overstepping their legislation boundary. I won't go so far as to say its a constitutional crisis like they advertise, but if the truckers are not successful, do we even live in a democracy anymore? And remember, even in a democracy, the governing party must follow the Canadian constitution. A simply majority does not grant them unlimited powers.

"I’ve honestly never bothered listening to or reading really anything that Peterson’s had to say since he became a public figure.

I became aware of him when he launched his war against gender neutral pronouns & became a darling of the Sun & the National Post, but didn’t look more into him at the time.

Then I finally read one of his articles in the wake of the incel van attack in Toronto. And in that article, he argued that something he termed “enforced monogamy” was his cure for incel violence. In practice, that’d involve forcibly pairing up unmarried women in monogamous marriages with incels.

At that point, I decided that he wasn’t a serious person, and that I didn’t really give two **** about his thoughts on any topic."

(post is in quotes as those aren't my words)

:lol:

I wonder if he was on drugs then when he made that argument?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Sad 1

For all you freedom fighters out there 

Here is your chance to grow up and take the.ptetend cape off and actually become a freedom fighter 

https://forces.ca/en/?utm_campaign=dnd-mdn-awareness-21-22&utm_medium=sem&utm_source=ggl&utm_content=ad-text-en&utm_term=canadian armed forces&adv=2122-175100&id_campaign=15298366202&id_source=135499402968&id_content=562423964539&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1oba3LTS9QIVNh6tBh2zDQtQEAAYASAAEgKLo_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

A tip from someone who actually served ...... 0 trades are great for carrier soldiers and rank advancement. Not so great for short timers as.combat trades have limited civilian equivalents until senior ranked.training

Ps if you really want to lead..the way sappers.are always first 

Edited by iwtl
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"I’ve honestly never bothered listening to or reading really anything that Peterson’s had to say since he became a public figure.

I became aware of him when he launched his war against gender neutral pronouns & became a darling of the Sun & the National Post, but didn’t look more into him at the time.

Then I finally read one of his articles in the wake of the incel van attack in Toronto. And in that article, he argued that something he termed “enforced monogamy” was his cure for incel violence. In practice, that’d involve forcibly pairing up unmarried women in monogamous marriages with incels.

At that point, I decided that he wasn’t a serious person, and that I didn’t really give two **** about his thoughts on any topic."

(post is in quotes as those aren't my words)

:lol:

I wonder if he was on drugs then when he made that argument?

I won’t post a link because it’s not hard to find but he was on Joe Rogan the other day talking about how climate change wasn’t real because climate meant “everything” but the scientific data was only “some things.” Real whack a doodle  stuff and could only stomach a couple of minutes of it. I wondered about drugs/medication too.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I won’t post a link because it’s not hard to find but he was on Joe Rogan the other day talking about how climate change wasn’t real because climate meant “everything” but the scientific data was only “some things.” Real whack a doodle  stuff and could only stomach a couple of minutes of it. I wondered about drugs/medication too.

There is also the "black" episode recently with the two of them.  Real cringe worthy stuff.

Here is interesting article:

https://readpassage.com/jordan-petersons-handling-of-addiction-is-fair-game-for-critique/

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I guess Fleury has a little difficulty with math? So 113 truckers will decide on public health and safety measures for the rest of us. Talk about delusions of grandeur. 

Just shows how much of a fringe element of crazies these people are.  "Freedumb"!  

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

And the organizers make millions on their “Go Fund Me” page.  It’s so sad that US losers are leading our simpler minded Canadians down the wrong path.  

I heard it was shut down?

Or maybe I dreamt that?  lol (been a rough week)

These people are not "fringe crazies" but fellow Canadians the same as you and I. They have raised over $6M in about a week, which shows they do in fact have a lot of support within this country. Get out of the groupthink and open your minds, it is time to end these destructive mandates.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lucky_nucker said:

These people are not "fringe crazies" but fellow Canadians the same as you and I. They have raised over $6M in about a week, which shows they do in fact have a lot of support within this country. Get out of the groupthink and open your minds, it is time to end these destructive mandates.

The vast majority of Canada disagrees.  Once again, if these lunatics had as much support, the PPC would have won a seat running against the mandates.  Democracy happened, and the antivaxxers are throwing a tantrum because the adults told them that they had to eat their veggies.

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

Never underestimate the propensity of the simple minded to be grifted by charlatans.

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo
  • Thanks 1