The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The vast majority of Canada disagrees.  Once again, if these lunatics had as much support, the PPC would have won a seat running against the mandates.  Democracy happened, and the antivaxxers are throwing a tantrum because the adults told them that they had to eat their veggies.

No, the vast majority does not disagree. Dehumanizing these people is a seriously problematic/brutal way to think. Democracy is supposed to enable the free exchange of ideas/viewpoints, not the suppression of them. Please, show some empathy and try to have an open mind.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

These people are not "fringe crazies" but fellow Canadians the same as you and I. They have raised over $6M in about a week, which shows they do in fact have a lot of support within this country. Get out of the groupthink and open your minds, it is time to end these destructive mandates.

The Maverick Party says otherwise.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Joined in 2009, 102 posts, and somehow they find their way here. If I had a nickel for every time this happened...

I am sorry, I don't contribute much, but I am an avid Canucks fan. I am more of a lurker I suppose.

That being said, that is irrelevant to what we are discussing now and a pretty weak attempt to silence my point of view here.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

No, the vast majority does not disagree. Dehumanizing these people is a seriously problematic/brutal way to think. Democracy is supposed to enable the free exchange of ideas/viewpoints, not the suppression of them. Please, show some empathy and try to have an open mind.

They are free to throw their tantrum, just as the majority of Canadians whose brains actually function properly are free to mock them for their stupidity.   I have all the empathy in the world for those who have had surgeries delayed in order to waste medical resources on prolonging the lives of these parasites.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

"Dehumanizing"? I'm not sure that's accurate.

Being an entitled whiner, who believes that the majority should cater to the whims of the minority is about as "human" as it gets....

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

These people are not "fringe crazies" but fellow Canadians the same as you and I. They have raised over $6M in about a week, which shows they do in fact have a lot of support within this country. Get out of the groupthink and open your minds, it is time to end these destructive mandates.

90% of the country disagrees.  You are being used, you're marks for con men making money by manipulating your anger towards manufactured incidents.  They don't care about you or your causes, they're just using you to destabilize our society.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Dehumanizing"? I'm not sure that's accurate.

Being an entitled whiner, who believes that the majority should cater to the whims of the minority is about as "human" as it gets....

What Heffy is, is the king of is dehumanizing. Read through his posts, calling these people stupid, parasites, etc. is exactly dehumanizing. It is wrong.

dehumanization

the process of depriving a person or group of positive human qualities.

• Upvote 1

Just now, lucky_nucker said:

What Heffy is, is the king of is dehumanizing. Read through his posts, calling these people stupid, parasites, etc. is exactly dehumanizing. It is wrong.

dehumanization

The antivaxxers would need to have positive qualities in order to deprive them of any.  Calling them stupid may not be kind to them, but it is definitely not wrong.  If they want to be treated like adults, they need to act like them.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

90% of the country disagrees.  You are being used, you're marks for con men making money by manipulating your anger towards manufactured incidents.  They don't care about you or your causes, they're just using you to destabilize our society.

90% of the country disagrees? How can you possibly claim to know that, honestly how? I could say all these same things right back to you, but I am not trying to polarize anyone here. What I am trying to do is express a viewpoint that is different than the groupthink going on here with the hopes that some people at least can open their minds to a difference in ideas.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, lucky_nucker said:

90% of the country disagrees? How can you possibly claim to know that, honestly how? I could say all these same things right back to you, but I am not trying to polarize anyone here. What I am trying to do is express a viewpoint that is different than the groupthink going on here with the hopes that some people at least can open their minds to a difference in ideas.

We had an election.  The anti-mandate supporting party lost BIG TIME.  The majority of Canadians voted for parties that support the mandates.  How's that for ya???

• Thanks 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

The antivaxxers would need to have positive qualities in order to deprive them of any.  Calling them stupid may not be kind to them, but it is definitely not wrong.  If they want to be treated like adults, they need to act like them.

They are humans the same as you and I, deserving of dignity and empathy. Same as anyone else.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

dehumanization

I've known Heffy for quite a while. In my experience, he is someone who does not suffer fools gladly and rarely pulls his punches.....

I've always liked him for that straightforward honesty and although I have occasionally disagreed with him, I've always respected him. YMMV

• Cheers 2