The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

BCCDC report- published Jan 21/2022

From data covering Jan 2 to Jan 8/22

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220121.pdf

As shown in Figure 1, the main circulating variants are Delta and Omicron, respectively accounting for about 3.8% and 96.2% of positive specimens sequenced,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.8% of cases are  still Delta

Yesterdays total numbers were

"B.C. is reporting 2,033 new cases of COVID-19, "    

around 77 cases of Delta, if the percentage # is holding true to the first week in January.

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually, it wasn't.

Firstly, the article starts off with the obviously incorrect claim of the convoy including 50,000 trucks. 70 km long, it says, which does not equal 50,000 trucks. It equals less than 5000. The rest is about as factual....

Nice nit pick, got anything else?

Be truthful though, did you even consider reading this article with an open mind?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, reyezone said:

but if you think the stripping of rights and freedoms we have observed in the last two years is something to be glib over then good luck

Please provide of a list of rights and freedoms that have been stripped.

• Thanks 1

Just now, reyezone said:

There is certainly a presence of coercion and gaslighting at both extremes but if you think the stripping of rights and freedoms we have observed in the last two years is something to be glib over then good luck

Read the Charter of Rights and Freedoms more carefully.  Privileges are being stripped away, not rights.  Idiots are not a protected group under the Charter.  Choices have consequences and the adults are sick of the tantrums from the bottom feeders of our country.  The losers currently staging this protest deserve absolutely zero respect and are a complete joke.  There is no reason to dignify this kind of behaviour.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, iwtl said:

So you want compliance with your view or silence 

Got it ....... and won't comply with that nonsense

You need to learn that it's OK to disagree with someone's politics without disliking or hating them

This radicalized view that a.person must100% support someone and everything they say otherwise it's hate ....is right out of the alt right play book

I have no hate. You have repeatedly stated that but is not a true assertion.

Coercion and gasslighting at both extremes. 

Honest discourse done in good faith in the public space is what I said. Not hate. 

Using magic words to make people and ideas you don’t like go away is straight out of the totalitarian playbook. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, reyezone said:

How about consider they are doing this for your freedoms. 

Not even in a delusional fantasy world

They tried this stolen valour at the centaph on remembrance day when a medal wearing vet told them its not the time or place and they shouted him down about this is for him

I support everyone's right to protest bu this is.no longer about vaccine issues .... this protest is very open about wanting to remove goverment.  It's not about freedoms.and never was

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

Nice nit pick, got anything else?

Be truthful though, did you even consider reading this article with an open mind?

Nothing to say about the strawmen comparing Canada to both Communist and Nazi Germany?  That trash isn't even worth the paper to print and wipe my arse with.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, iwtl said:

Not even in a delusional fantasy world

They tried this stolen valour at the centaph on remembrance day when a medal wearing vet told them its not the time or place and they shouted him down about this is for him

I support everyone's right to protest bu this is.no longer about vaccine issues .... this protest is very open about wanting to remove goverment.  It's not about freedoms.and never was

Wrong. 

There you use another magic word. Too bad it’s not that simple. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, reyezone said:

I can’t help you

so you have no list of rights and freedoms that have been stripped?

then why do you say this has happened, then offer no proof, to back your assertion.

Saying something, then not supporting it, or backing off of that stance, could be construed as trolling.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nothing to say about the strawmen comparing Canada to both Communist and Nazi Germany?  That trash isn't even worth the paper to print and wipe my arse with.

Weak. What I’ve come to expect from these watchdogs. 

Many survivors of totalitarian regimes are speaking up. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Read the Charter of Rights and Freedoms more carefully.  Privileges are being stripped away, not rights.  Idiots are not a protected group under the Charter.  Choices have consequences and the adults are sick of the tantrums from the bottom feeders of our country.  The losers currently staging this protest deserve absolutely zero respect and are a complete joke.  There is no reason to dignify this kind of behaviour.

Your name calling and derision are barely worth addressing. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Wrong. 

There you use another magic word. Too bad it’s not that simple. 

Magic man  with magic words?  Can I change my forum name to that ? I like it

No point debating the Troll. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, reyezone said:

Your name calling and derision are barely worth addressing. 

Well then don't.  Maybe give it a rest if you refuse to answer questions in a direct way and prefer to play games.  

Let's not skip over this one in particular:

So what rights and freedoms have you been stripped of?  Only you can tell us your list.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1